Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonavan View Post
    Amanda Evora and Rockne were seen talking at Nationals....discuss
    I would say it means nothing. They tried out last summer and decided it wouldn't work. Amanda has a full time job and a life in Florida that she made pretty clear she didn't want to leave. Rockne made it pretty clear he's not leaving So Cal. I think they were probably two acquaintances talking, nothing more. Amanda would likely still have all the same jumping issues she had with Mark, which I am willing to bet Rockne would not want to deal with. He's been there, done that already with Keauna. I would be very surprised if those two team up.

vCash
    Amanda Evora and Rockne were seen talking at Nationals....discuss
    Don't tease us with such information. I have always hoped for a Bruvora pairing, but the stars won't align for me. I miss Rockne and Amanda at Nationals, but I have no issues with the current pairs. Truly the best event in pairs in a number of years all around without some of the front runners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    I would say it means nothing. They tried out last summer and decided it wouldn't work. Amanda has a full time job and a life in Florida that she made pretty clear she didn't want to leave. Rockne made it pretty clear he's not leaving So Cal. I think they were probably two acquaintances talking, nothing more. Amanda would likely still have all the same jumping issues she had with Mark, which I am willing to bet Rockne would not want to deal with. He's been there, done that already with Keauna. I would be very surprised if those two team up.
    They are obviously not teaming up, but Amanda's jumps aren't the issue (and I believe Rockne is in Chicago these days). Mark found a girl that could jump and that didn't pan out terribly well. They skated the best they possibly could at Nationals (and it was great) and were fourth. Amanda and Mark could have won the title this year with 2-3 mistakes, if we are being honest. I guess sbs jumps aren't everything in pairs.......I don't want to sound mean, but Evora without training for a year > Lindsay Davis any day of the week. I have no vested interest in Amanda Evora or her skating, but I don't know why her jumps get ragged on all the time when the fact is she is Olympian and, well, Rockne is not. I don't think it is fair to say he would have to 'deal' with anything with Amanda, but I truly hope Rockne finds a great partner and achieves what he wants in skating.
    Last edited by carriemarie; 02-01-2013 at 05:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    They are obviously not teaming up, but Amanda's jumps aren't the issue (and I believe Rockne is in Chicago these days). Mark found a girl that could jump and that didn't pan out terribly well. They skated the best they possibly could at Nationals (and it was great) and were fourth. Amanda and Mark could have won the title this year with 2-3 mistakes, if we are being honest. I guess sbs jumps aren't everything in pairs.......I don't want to sound mean, but Evora without training for a year > Lindsay Davis any day of the week. I have no vested interest in Amanda Evora or her skating, but I don't know why her jumps get ragged on all the time when the fact is she is Olympian and, well, Rockne is not. I don't think it is fair to say he would have to 'deal' with anything with Amanda, but I truly hope Rockne finds a great partner and achieves what he wants in skating.
    Agreed, I'm not sure when Rockne became the savior of Pair Skating....perhaps the same time Caitlin did...? Amanda Evora has proven herself as a skater many times over and is now proving herself as a coach, I was just curious about the subject of conversation!

vCash
    Agreed, I'm not sure when Rockne became the savior of Pair Skating....perhaps the same time Caitlin did...? Amanda Evora has proven herself as a skater many times over and is now proving herself as a coach, I was just curious about the subject of conversation!

Well, I think we all can agree that Amanda is not Gracie Gold as far as jumps, but Donlan/Speroff are sooooo amazing. The bottom line is Amanda pulled her jumps out when it counted and Rockne (well Keauna) did not. So much time is wasted on Caitlin and Rockne when the future of pairs is right in front of us. Both are wonderful skaters, but I don't think either one is going to shock us with another national title. I honestly feel bad both skaters haven't made it to the Olympics, but such is figure skating. Ice is slippery.

vCash

vCash
    I started a new thread in GSD earlier today for all notable team split news and posted about these 2 Novice pair splits post-Nationals, now listed on icepartnersearch.com (IPS):
    Elise Middleton (3rd with Robert Hennings - I liked them )
    Juliette Erickson (11th with Connor Fleming)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    The part I bolded below is news, sort of:
    Brubaker has made some changes during his enforced break from full training. He recently moved back home to Chicago from Los Angeles, where he had worked with John Nicks, Todd Sand and Jenni Meno. He is considering training in Canton, Mich., and he has been working with Johnny Johns and Marina Zoueva as he searches for a partner.

"I miss Todd and Jenni and Mr. Nicks," he said. "It was an honor and amazing to work with them, but being close to home is what I want and need to do now. It's where I would like to be, but I know that in the short amount of time, being in Canton would be giving ourselves the best opportunities."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Isn't Caitlin Y. in Canton?

vCash
    Yes, Caitlin is in Canton. But for the umpteenth gazillionth time: Caitlin is TOO TALL FOR ROCKNE. And they trained in the same place for several years, so they are well aware of whether they would match or not.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Yes, Caitlin is in Canton. But for the umpteenth gazillionth time: Caitlin is TOO TALL FOR ROCKNE. And they trained in the same place for several years, so they are well aware of whether they would match or not.
    Then there's the fact that she already has a partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Then there's the fact that she already has a partner.
    A partner who has been injured with a "rib injury". Is Joshua back on the ice or can Rockne practice with Caitlin in the mean time in Canton? (Caitlin is 5'3" and Rockne is more or less 5'9"..so no, that is not an ideal match)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    The news was when Brubaker was doing the Ice Desk thing, and they were covering S.T.A.R.S. Challenge, the fitness assessment program USFSA has started
    http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=48

Vincent Zhou had had the highest assessment, and was being interviewed about the program. Somehow, Rockne ended up in a pushups contest with Vincent. Rockne bailed after 10 pushups-and he was definitely struggling a bit, though I think he could have gone further, if he had really tried--but bottom line is, I suspect the boy needs to go back to the gym before he goes back to skating pairs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Somehow, Rockne ended up in a pushups contest with Vincent. Rockne bailed after 10 pushups-and he was definitely struggling a bit, though I think he could have gone further, if he had really tried--but bottom line is, I suspect the boy needs to go back to the gym before he goes back to skating pairs.
    WHAT? 10? Only 10? Now, I can't do a single push up, but my out of shape (formerly Air Force) husband can still hit 60 (with struggle in the last 10). You would think a top pairs skater would have way better upper body strength. And Vincent Zhou is tiny- I wouldn't think he would have excellent pushup ability, though I bet his agility helped with his STARS score. Go Vincent!

vCash
    How do we know that Rockne didn't let young Vincent Zhou win?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    How do we know that Rockne didn't let young Vincent Zhou win?
    I'd let him win closer to 50 or 100... DORISPULASKI said Rockne bailed at 10 and he was 'struggling', so unless it is reported that Zhou was struggling at that point, it doesn't seem like a let him win.

vCash
    ^^^ I watched that segment and it's possible Rockne was faking "struggling."

Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    First break up of the off season is Ladwig and Davis. They have broken up as of today. Probably be officially announced in a few days.
    As long as Davis/Ladwig stay listed as first alternates to 4CC and third alternates for Worlds, they are not considered "officially split," from what I understand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ^^^ I watched that segment and it's possible Rockne was faking "struggling."
    I sure hope so, because 10 in pathetic! Do hope he finds a partner and he returns with superior upper body strength intact.

vCash
    I, too, thought his pushups looked weak in that video. I thought he did a few more than 10, but they looked somewhat strained. Kind of weird, even if he was letting Vincent win.

vCash

Cool Ice is slippery...

!
    Last edited by micronrd; 02-03-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast