Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I don't mean to jinx them, but if they win the US nationals, it would be quite fitting because Coughlin won it with his new partner (Denney) after he split from Yankowskas.
    It will be nice to watch them develop, but I seriously doubt they will be on the podium in January, let alone win. They're too green and have had virtually no competitions to sharpen their programs

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Some program music changes...

Tiffany Vise tweeted today: "Had the pleasure of working with Tim Murphy on our new short working on details of the program. He choreographs for Dorothy Hamill." Vise/Baldwin have replaced "Open Arms" with "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" by Santa Esmeralda -- the SP music from their first season together in 2009-10, according to their updated Team USA bio: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=39680&mode=P
    I'm told this new program was choreographed jointly by the skaters themselves and their coach, Doug Ladret, with Murphy doing some fine tuning on positions.

Also, Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim's bio has been updated and now lists the "Life is Beautiful" soundtrack as their new FS music: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=40441&mode=P
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Some program music changes...

Tiffany Vise tweeted today: "Had the pleasure of working with Tim Murphy on our new short working on details of the program. He choreographs for Dorothy Hamill." Vise/Baldwin have replaced "Open Arms" with "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" by Santa Esmeralda -- the SP music from their first season together in 2009-10, according to their updated Team USA bio: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=39680&mode=P
    I'm told this new program was choreographed jointly by the skaters themselves and their coach, Doug Ladret, with Murphy doing some fine tuning on positions.

Also, Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim's bio has been updated and now lists the "Life is Beautiful" soundtrack as their new FS music: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=40441&mode=P
    I think the SP switch might help V/B. It will give them a lot more zip.

OTOH, IDK what to think about the switch for S/K, because their issue right now is coming together as a couple on the ice and developing their PCS. The music for 'Life is Beautiful' is going to require a lot of emoting. It's quite melancholy music and I hope they can handle it.

vCash
    To totally change the Pairs topic, any news of what Rockne has been doing? Any tryouts? Completely waiting to see who is "available" after Nationals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I don't mean to jinx them, but if they win the US nationals, it would be quite fitting because Coughlin won it with his new partner (Denney) after he split from Yankowskas.
    I will bet my life savings they will NOT win Nationals. I would be suprised if they even finish the competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I was there! View Post
    I will bet my life savings they will NOT win Nationals. I would be suprised if they even finish the competition.
    I just made a similar comment to someone today. Sad, but true, I'm afraid.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Today's "Inside Edge" blog starts off with a chat with Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir on their new status heading into Nationals: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    An excerpt:
    "Actually, to be honest; no, I don't feel any pressure," Shnapir said in his basso profundo voice. "It's unfortunate to hear about John [Coughlin], and we wish him a speedy recovery, of course. One thing that we've really committed to this season is approaching every competition like it's just another competition. We have to continue to look at it that way.

Although Castelli and Shnapir have been working on a throw triple Axel for some time, and a throw quad Salchow since the spring, they are aiming for consistency and, thus, will include a throw double Axel and triple Salchow in their programs in Omaha.

"This is our plan: We're going to focus on what we do well and keep on skating well," Castelli said. "Triple Axel is risky -- well, it's not a risky element for us -- I know that I can land it -- but if we have one mistake in the program, it might bring down the rest of the program."

"This season we've put out many more clean run-throughs in practice than we have in the past," Shnapir said. "That's been a big stepping stone for us, a big improvement, and that's really shown when we've competed."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Today's "Inside Edge" blog starts off with a chat with Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir on their new status heading into Nationals: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    An excerpt:
    Thanks. They say no throw 3x at Nats, but will they bring it later for Worlds or 4CC's? Marissa stated that 'it's not a risky element for us', so I wonder if it will show up at some point.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Marissa Castelli's exact quote is:
    "If we make it to worlds, we're definitely going to try it (triple Axel or quad Sal)," Castelli said. "We do it when we have extra time. We don't focus our training around it. We're really working on the whole program, not just one individual element anywhere. Now we're working on the flow in and out of each element and making it a seamless program."

vCash
    Marissa Castelli's exact quote is:
    Thanks. Looking forward to seeing the throw 3x come to fruition. The U.S. doesn't have a lot to lose in pairs this year, so I think they should go for it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    To totally change the Pairs topic, any news of what Rockne has been doing? Any tryouts? Completely waiting to see who is "available" after Nationals?
    It really sucks for Rockne that Mary Beth decided not to continue - they were doing so well together and Rockne had finally gotten back into the game after losing Keanna. Rockne is one of the best male pair skaters the US has, but because of bad luck in having 2 partners depart the sport prematurely, he's running out of time. : (

vCash
    Maybe McLaughlin can come back and skate with Rockne for 2014

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Q & A with Kiri Baga and Taylor Toth: Breaking into the Senior Pairs Ranks
    Baga/Toth spent four days training in Boston this week after skating in the "Holiday Dreams on Ice" show on Long Island this past Sunday.

Vise/Baldwin's new site is: http://baldwinandvise.webs.com/
    Their webmaster has publicized them via CNN iReports: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-895988

"Five Favorite Things" with Castelli & Shnapir: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-20-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: to add Vise/Baldwin info & C/S 5 Favorites

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    New article on Castelli and Shnapir: http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/01/m...simon-shnapir/

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    USFS tweeted earlier today that Yankowskas/Reagan have withdrawn from Nationals - thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...3-US-Nationals

Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim recently launched their own site: http://alexascimecaandchrisknierim.webs.com/

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    To totally change the Pairs topic, any news of what Rockne has been doing?
    I forgot to mention earlier that Brubaker was mentioned in this recent Chicago area article about a figure skating seminar held at the Oakton Ice Arena on Dec. 27: http://parkridge.suntimes.com/news/1...ark-ridge.html

He's pictured in 3 photos in the gallery (includes photos of Christy Krall and Todd Eldredge): http://parkridge.suntimes.com/photos...story=17234990

vCash
    Thanks for all the latest updates, Sylvia, much appreciated.

Sad to hear about Caitlin & Josh, but it's best it happened now and not next season. This will give them plenty of time to properly heal, gell, and work on their programs for next season.

Loved Alexa & Chris's new website! Yep it's not sleek & glamorous & professional, but what it offers is more down to earth, down home fare, tons of personal pictures, vids, etc., as if they put it together themselves. Kudos to them both! (:^)

And I enjoyed the latest update about Rockne (been wondering what he's been up to, lol). Can't wait to see whom he will pair with after Nationals!?! My hunch is it will be another pubescent little girl straight from juniors, just like Mary Beth Marley. Anyhow, I honestly wish him much luck in his search!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO C/S, WIN YOUR FIRST NATIONAL TITLE AND KICK BOOTY AT WORLDS!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    And I enjoyed the latest update about Rockne (been wondering what he's been up to, lol). Can't wait to see whom he will pair with after Nationals!?! My hunch is it will be another pubescent little girl straight from juniors, just like Mary Beth Marley. Anyhow, I honestly wish him much luck in his search!
    Has Rockne said whether he is going to make one more attempt to find another partner ?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Has Rockne said whether he is going to make one more attempt to find another partner ?
    Brubaker was quoted in a Hersh article on Sept. 1, 2012 that he was sitting out the 2012-13 season. I believe he is still looking for a suitable partner, yes.

USFS tweeted a few quotes from Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir's pre-Nationals media teleconference call this morning that are consistent with what they've said previously in their articles posted above.

vCash
    New article on Castelli and Shapir by Sarah Brannen on the Boston 2014 web site.

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast