Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1013
  1. #441

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7854
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Looks like Denney and Frazier have confirmed their coaching change to John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana in Coral Gables, Florida on their official website: http://www.havendenneyandbrandonfrazier.com/
    Hot tamales!

  2. #442
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    347
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    That's what was posted on FSU but they haven't competed yet AFAIK and so I don't know if they are, in fact, skating together and taking a bye through Mids (due to 4 or fewer teams registered) to Nationals. Anderson is scheduled to compete in the Novice Men's event at Mids.
    Andrews and Anderson did train together this summer -- but split in August, prior to the Regionals/Sectionals qualifying deadline. (The entered Indy Challenge but withdrew, due to injury). Andrews is focusing on college this semester, and Anderson will compete Novice Men at Mids.

  3. #443

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,669
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43422
    Thanks for the update, Rochelle!

    ETA: Castelli/Shnapir and Donlan/Speroff compete on Thursday and Saturday in Austria - link to the live stream is posted in the event thread in Kiss and Cry as well as in the TV Alerts forum.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-06-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  4. #444

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,698
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks for the update, Rochelle!

    ETA: Castelli/Shnapir and Donlan/Speroff compete on Thursday and Saturday in Austria - link to the live stream is posted in the event thread in Kiss and Cry as well as in the TV Alerts forum.
    A live stream? Yay!!! Thanks for the info.

  5. #445

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1664
    Thanks, Sylvia, for the info.

    I love both teams and truly hope both do well, especially Donlan & Speroff, whom need it the most, jmho.

  6. #446

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,669
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43422
    Donlan/Speroff skate #2 and Castelli/Shnapir #5 of 5 teams at Ice Challenge in Graz, Austria today (approx. 11:30 am Eastern start time) - link to the live stream is posted in the event thread in Kiss and Cry as well as in the TV Alerts forum.

    Re-posting from the Grand Prix Alternates thread...
    Unfortunately, Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan's names were crossed out from NHK Trophy on the ISU site yesterday (Nov. 7). I assume this means he has not recovered enough from the rib injury that he sustained in practice before Cup of China? (source was USFS' Oct. 25 press release)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  7. #447

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Age
    42
    Posts
    8,595
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2418
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Donlan/Speroff skate #2 and Castelli/Shnapir #5 of 5 teams at Ice Challenge in Graz, Austria today (approx. 11:30 am Eastern start time) - link to the live stream is posted in the event thread in Kiss and Cry as well as in the TV Alerts forum.

    Re-posting from the Grand Prix Alternates thread...
    Unfortunately, Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan's names were crossed out from NHK Trophy on the ISU site yesterday (Nov. 7). I assume this means he has not recovered enough from the rib injury that he sustained in practice before Cup of China? (source was USFS' Oct. 25 press release)
    And also means no Nationals since they will lose the bye
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

  8. #448

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,669
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43422
    I believe there are only 3 Senior pairs registered for Mids so Y/R technically may still be able to qualify for Nationals...
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  9. #449

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,365
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3454
    I saw D/S skate the SP this a.m. in Graz and it was rough. I think they got 41+, but I don't know if they got the 20+ TES for the 4CC sp min score.

  10. #450
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,940
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I saw D/S skate the SP this a.m. in Graz and it was rough. I think they got 41+, but I don't know if they got the 20+ TES for the 4CC sp min score.
    I just finished watching the Livestream myself. They really looked dejected in the K & C

    However, C/S really rocked!! They were clean and scored 60.44 in the SP - Huge 3Tw, Huge Throw 3 (forgot which one), and I think they landed clean SBS 3sals. Now, I couldn't tell from the camera angle but judging from the scores, I think they were both triples ...

    I think they at this point are the most legitimate contenders for the #2 US pairs spot. They skate like they really want it.

  11. #451

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,365
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3454
    Looks like D/S did get 20.30 for TES for 4CC if they can manage 3rd at Nationals. But God, they looked depressed in the Kiss and Cry.

  12. #452
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    180
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Poor Donlan and Speroff, I heard that Gretchen has been sick all week. I was so hoping that they would be able to pull off a better s/p this time. Hope Gretchen gets some rest and is feeling better by Saturday.

  13. #453
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,940
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    C/S just won Ice Challenge w/ a score around 175 pts. total. He managed to stand up on his jumps (yay), but she had a weird fall on a throw jump

  14. #454
    Reality TV's Bytch
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oblivion
    Posts
    1,838
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's looking like C/S and D/C will be the top two pairs. Everyone else is way behind.

  15. #455

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,365
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3454
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    C/S just won Ice Challenge w/ a score around 175 pts. total. He managed to stand up on his jumps (yay), but she had a weird fall on a throw jump
    They got 114+ for a program that had way more mistakes than their SkAm free skate which earned them something like 108? But whatever, they are looking confident this year. I'm pleased for them; lesser teams would have split up by now after living through a few up and down seasons.

    Donlan/Speroff... This team will be the end of me. Sbs 2toes, Andrew turned out of his 2axel, fall on one throw and near-fall on the other... 94+. Hope they have time to regroup before Nationals. A bronze medal and a 4CC trip are still possibilities.

  16. #456

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,028
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Andrews is focusing on college this semester
    Good lord, I can't believe she's in college now. I still think of her as a tiny 11-year-old.

  17. #457

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,669
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43422
    Medals for U.S. pairs this weekend: Denney/Coughlin win their 2nd Grand Prix bronze at Rostelecom Cup in Moscow; Castelli/Shnapir win gold and Donlan/Speroff silver at Ice Challenge in Graz.

    Relevant excerpts from the USFS press release yesterday:
    (11/9/12) - Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim have been invited to compete at 2012 NHK Trophy, Nov. 23-25, in Miyagi, Japan. They were invited after Caitlin Yankowskas & Joshua Reagan withdrew to injury.

    Scimeca and Knierim announced their partnership in April and made their competitive debut in October when they won the 2012 Cup of Nice title. They are set to compete this weekend at the 2013 Midwestern Sectional Championships in Strongsville, Ohio.
    ...
    Yankowskas and Reagan, who also teamed up in April, were forced to withdraw from both of their Grand Prix assignments, Cup of China and NHK Trophy, after Reagan sustained a rib injury in practice last month.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  18. #458

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1664
    I managed to watch the pairs fs this AM, and have to say I'm worried about D&S, mainly because their throw jumps used to be their money jumps, they practically never missed, which made up for the underrotations/falls/doubled sbs jumps. Now that's no longer the case.

    I'm thinking the aforementioned is happening because they've added more difficulty (e.g. spiral) to the entrances into their throw jumps this year, thus the uncharacteristc falls/bobbles/huge step outs on their throw jumps. Which makes me question whether or not they should continue adding such difficulty? Wouldn't it be better to skate clean? Rather add difficulty to their lifts for more points, and work on Gretchen's back outside death spiral; a brand new element that she keeps getting dinged for because her back barely bends backward, thus they receive O points for it.

    I don't know, it just seems to me that they are adding too many difficult elements to their skating and it isn't paying off because they've put way too much onto their plate (figuratively speaking). Rather, working on *1* brand new element each year would be better imho. As it stands now everything is going AWOL!

    Solution: go back to doing what they know how to do, and doing it to the best of their ability, rather then trying harder difficult elements beyond their reach. Jmho.

    If not, they will be lucky to finish top 6, let alone top 10 at Nationals. However if they go back to what worked for them before I see a top 4 finish. They got lucky last year because of the big mistakes by Castelli & Shnapir.

    And this year ALL pairs will be lucky without the two top teams from last year ~ that is silver medalists Marley & Brubaker and bronze medalists Evora & Ladwig ~ competing at US Nationals.

    All in all, it's going to be a tough field at US Nationals (even without M&B and E&L) with brand new formidable teams and also the junior medalists moving up to seniors this year.

    May the best teams win!

  19. #459

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,365
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3454
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    I managed to watch the pairs fs this AM, and have to say I'm worried about D&S, mainly because their throw jumps used to be their money jumps, they practically never missed, which made up for the underrotations/falls/doubled sbs jumps. Now that's no longer the case.

    I'm thinking the aforementioned is happening because they've added more difficulty (e.g. spiral) to the entrances into their throw jumps this year, thus the uncharacteristc falls/bobbles/huge step outs on their throw jumps. Which makes me question whether or not they should continue adding such difficulty? Wouldn't it be better to skate clean? Rather add difficulty to their lifts for more points, and work on Gretchen's back outside death spiral; a brand new element that she keeps getting dinged for because her back barely bends backward, thus they receive O points for it.

    I don't know, it just seems to me that they are adding too many difficult elements to their skating and it isn't paying off because they've put way too much onto their plate (figuratively speaking). Rather, working on *1* brand new element each year would be better imho. As it stands now everything is going AWOL!

    Solution: go back to doing what they know how to do, and doing it to the best of their ability, rather then trying harder difficult elements beyond their reach. Jmho.

    If not, they will be lucky to finish top 6, let alone top 10 at Nationals. However if they go back to what worked for them before I see a top 4 finish. They got lucky last year because of the big mistakes by Castelli & Shnapir.

    And this year ALL pairs will be lucky without the two top teams from last year ~ that is silver medalists Marley & Brubaker and bronze medalists Evora & Ladwig ~ competing at US Nationals.

    All in all, it's going to be a tough field at US Nationals (even without M&B and E&L) with brand new formidable teams and also the junior medalists moving up to seniors this year.

    May the best teams win!
    I don't think the entrances into the throw jumps are the issues. If you watch them in practice, they are still nailing them. My opinion is that they were probably shocked to finish 4th at Nationals last year (a very deserved 4th, imo) and then over the summer Marley/Brubaker split and so did Evora/Ladwig and all of a sudden, on paper, they are the #2 pairs team in the US. There was even a quote from Gretchen during Champs camp about how people kept coming up to her and saying "you guys are #2 now." I think the pressure of that in addition to realizing that they have to get the new TES minimums in order to even be in contention for 4CC and Worlds was a lot for them. Plus, they aren't traditionally strong early season skaters; something they definitely have to work on.

    Saying they'll have trouble staying top 6 is extremely premature. Even with poor skates (like what they put out in Graz this weekend) the only pairs I can imagine finishing ahead of them are D/C, C/S, S/K and maybe Z/B.

    ETA: Are Denney/Frazier skating senior at Nats? They could potentially also finish ahead of D/S if D/S make big mistakes.

  20. #460
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,940
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What are D/C's chances at the GPF w/ 2 bronze medals??

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •