Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks for the update, Madre -- I'm sorry to hear that Kloe and Tyler have to end their competitive careers this way and I wish them all the best in the future!

Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan's GP debut will be delayed until NHK Trophy as they officially have withdrawn from next week's Cup of China due to his rib injury -- link to today's press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48585&type=media

Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim will make their international debut together at Cup of Nice -- tomorrow is the SP.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-26-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks, Shan and Sylvia! Tyler has decided he's not ready to retire as a competitive athlete, so he plans to compete in triathlons. He started training for that this past week : )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks for the update, Madre -- I'm sorry to hear that Kloe and Tyler have to end their competitive careers this way and I wish them all the best in the future!

Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan's GP debut will be delayed until NHK Trophy as they officially have withdrawn from next week's Cup of China due to his rib injury -- link to today's press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48585&type=media

Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim will make their international debut together at Cup of Nice -- tomorrow is the SP.
    That is too bad for Y/R. Hasn't he had this injury for a while now? I seem to remember talk about a rib injury since this Summer.

Excited to see S/K and hope they set themselves on a path for greatness!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I'm pretty sure Joshua Reagan's rib injury is a new one.

Scimeca/Knierim just scored 59.01 in their SP in Nice! Very high triple twist, big throw triple flip, sbs 3S (looked rotated). I will start a Cup of Nice thread in the TV Alerts forum with the archived videos link.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yes!!! So excited for S/K!! This SP score puts them #2 in the US behind D/C for now, doesn't it? I hope they have a legitimate shot at the podium, perhaps on the team, at Nationals. Do they have any other International Competitions this year?? Or a shot at any?

vCash
    Damn considering Sochi is only about 15 months away there sure are a lot of injuries and pullouts this year. Better this year then next though.

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Yes!!! So excited for S/K!! This SP score puts them #2 in the US behind D/C for now, doesn't it? I hope they have a legitimate shot at the podium, perhaps on the team, at Nationals. Do they have any other International Competitions this year?? Or a shot at any?
    I think a win at a serior B puts them on the sublist for the GP. (Right?)

ETA: I checked the rules, and yes if they win they get added to the sublist.
    Last edited by toddlj; 10-26-2012 at 03:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    I think a win at a serior B puts them on the sublist for the GP. (Right?)
    Not sure how that works, but with a no. of pairs dropping out of the GP, it would be great if they got a slot.

vCash
    Saw S/K's SP from Cup of Nice. Wow. Beautiful. And really great score. I feel superstitious getting excited over a US pair again but they just grabbed me. High, beautiful triple twist, great throw and sbs jumps (yay!) and really beautiful line and unison. So hoping they stay strong and stay together!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Right now US #2 looks to be between S/K and C/S .. Excited for a good showdown at nationals

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Scimeca/Knierim finished 2nd in the FS (96.99) to the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack, but their lead from the SP helped them secure the Cup of Nice gold (156.00) today!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Scimeca/Knierim finished 2nd in the FS (96.99) to the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack, but their lead from the SP helped them secure the Cup of Nice gold (156.00) today!
    Yep. I went over to Livestream to watch them. My thoughts -

They are definitely stronger in the SP right now. The LP looked ragged in sections, but I'm sure a lot of this has to do with being a brand new couple. Their potential is really great IMO: Big explosive tricks and she has real diva potential (she was rocking a headband in the LP). She fell on the SBS 3sal, but they were more or less solid on other elements. Again, they just need more time to get used to each other. If they hold it together, they will only get better

But, their marks even as of now show that they are Nats podium material! I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the final group for the LP in January

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Right now US #2 looks to be between S/K and C/S ..
    I wouldn't say that yet.

vCash
    ^^ who else would you say is even in the running though?

Davis/Ladwig haven't looked good at all, Yank/Reagan haven't either, Vise/Baldwin are past their prime, and Donlan/Speroff don't have a minimum for world's either so...

vCash
    Davis/Ladwig at SC.

vCash
    Who is the coach of Scimeca-Knierim?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticHaze View Post
    http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=40441&mode=P

Sappenfield

vCash
    Delilah and Larry. I think John helps them, too.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticHaze View Post
    Dalilah Sappenfield and Larry Ibarra (he coached them in Nice). Link to their Team USA bio: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=40441&mode=P
    Their next scheduled competition is Midwestern Sectionals to qualify for Nationals.

Scimeca previously qualified for the Junior Ladies event at 2008 U.S. Nationals and placed 12th of 14 in St. Paul.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-28-2012 at 04:00 PM.

vCash
    Thanks! I just watched a vid of their SP from Skate Detroit, they are a lovely couple. I hope they continue to do well this season!

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast