n/a 43.95 Indy Challenge M/E
    DeeDee Leng
    Timothy LeDuc (new)
    n/a 43.13 Indy Challenge M
    *Caitlin Yankowskas
    Joshua Reagan (new)

vCash
    ^^^ Source link: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...-pairs-scores/

The SW Florida Fall Classic club competition took place in Ellenton this past weekend. Kayne/O'Shea and Kemp/King (GBR) were the 2 Senior pairs that competed:
    SP results SP protocols
    FS results FS protocols

Denney/Coughlin and Donlan/Speroff kick off their international season this week at Nebelhorn Trophy.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    D/C just captured Silver at the Nebelhorn Trophy behind V/T. They scored around 122 pts. for the LP.

http://deu-event.de/results/Nebelhorn_2012/index.htm

If you look at the TES for both D/C and V/T, V/T only beat D/C by approximately 1.5 pts. in the LP, and judging by the GOE, it looks like both teams were clean. That's got to be a shot-in-the-arm for them that they are 'hanging' with an elite team.

However, D/C get dusted in the PCS which doesn't surprise me. Still, I look forward to seeing a video of these programs ...

ETA- D/S did respectably in the LP scoring 102.14, but guess which elements they had problems with
    Last edited by olympic; 09-28-2012 at 02:57 PM.

vCash
    Good job by both Denney/Coughlin 178.90 2nd overall (121.61 FS), and Donlan/Speroff 145.35 4th overall (102.14 3rd in FS) at Nebelhorn for their first international of the season! On to Skate America!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Donlan/Speroff will pick up 182 much needed ISU points as well.

Hopefully they can raise their SP TES score at Skate America.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    D/C SP at Nebelhorn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3_yrt6dBkU

Dare I say, he looks like he's improved in the area of body awareness and movement. Still trying to decide if I like the music selection

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    D/C SP at Nebelhorn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3_yrt6dBkU

Dare I say, he looks like he's improved in the area of body awareness and movement. Still trying to decide if I like the music selection
    Not bad at all. Good music for them I think (Step up from Michelle short to a Michelle Long -lol) He is slightly improved- still cant perform a camel or spiral, shoulders up to his ears and has been wearing all black for four or five years but they are clearly the best in the US for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonavan View Post
    Not bad at all. Good music for them I think (Step up from Michelle short to a Michelle Long -lol) He is slightly improved- still cant perform a camel or spiral, shoulders up to his ears and has been wearing all black for four or five years but they are clearly the best in the US for now.
    IMO, Black is the best color for them though

vCash
    D/C's LP at Nebelhorn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SpJ2tPpSwY

POTO. I think it's funny that he points his toes (on the SBS sit spin) and she doesn't. I guess one of them has taken the dance lessons this summer more seriously than the other But seriously, I didn't expect them to handle this music, but they do a pretty good job

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    . I guess one of them has taken the dance lessons this summer more seriously than the other
    No kidding: a great improvement for him all-around, and great tailoring on the costume.

They've got as good a trio of twist and throws as any other pair. The twist was spectacular, and her long landing out of the first throw was great.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Love their twist.

I wish the spins were more in synch -- I'd thought they'd be by now.

She seems very stiff in lifts, and I am not sure why -- more so than in the Olympics season. She was no Evora then, but lifts seem to be an area where there just isn't a lot of position improvement so far this year, and it certainly doesn't seem because he lacks strength.

Still, nice to have an American pair that is able to be competitive on the technical front.

vCash
    Donlan/Speroff's Nebelhorn SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnLQJUOZJZY
    Both landed the sbs 3T but it looks like she got the < call. Her head didn't get low enough on the BO death spiral so it didn't count.

vCash
    I find the choreography that D/C do as they glide to their starting position to be silly. I just don't buy it, nor do I buy this whole "we're so graceful" image that they've been trying to project since last season.

vCash
    ^I agree with you completely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Both landed the sbs 3T but it looks like she got the < call. Her head didn't get low enough on the BO death spiral so it didn't count.
    God they are lovely. He is looking more and more like Charlie White.

vCash
    I think D/C need a complete make-over in the choreography department, it's just not their style. They are not graceful, balletic or light on their feet; and they never will be. They are powerful and energetic and need choreography that showcases that.

Their coach is the one who will be their downfall for them internationally, until they get better coaching and re-packaged into who they are and not what she wants them to be, They will never be close to a world medal.

vCash
    D/C's LP at Nebelhorn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SpJ2tPpSwY

POTO. I think it's funny that he points his toes (on the SBS sit spin) and she doesn't. I guess one of them has taken the dance lessons this summer more seriously than the other But seriously, I didn't expect them to handle this music, but they do a pretty good job
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Love their twist.

I wish the spins were more in synch -- I'd thought they'd be by now.

She seems very stiff in lifts, and I am not sure why -- more so than in the Olympics season. She was no Evora then, but lifts seem to be an area where there just isn't a lot of position improvement so far this year, and it certainly doesn't seem because he lacks strength.

Still, nice to have an American pair that is able to be competitive on the technical front.
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I find the choreography that D/C do as they glide to their starting position to be silly. I just don't buy it, nor do I buy this whole "we're so graceful" image that they've been trying to project since last season.
    Seems like in the lifts she's still slumping through her shoulders and trying to compensate by shoving her chest outward. . . And yes, the "oooooohhhhhh lovey lovey darlinggggg" choreo to get into place is barf-inducing. But their unison during stroking seems good, and the throw jumps are huge, her landings from them are steady. . . and she's more orange than Savchenko was a couple of years ago.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Her dress is gorgeous. Dang on the death spiral. They were not that far off the podium. (Also: can anyone tell me why their SBS spins were called a level 1? Not enough revs in position, or what?)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I think D/C need a complete make-over in the choreography department, it's just not their style. They are not graceful, balletic or light on their feet; and they never will be. They are powerful and energetic and need choreography that showcases that.

Their coach is the one who will be their downfall for them internationally, until they get better coaching and re-packaged into who they are and not what she wants them to be, They will never be close to a world medal.
    Exactly. I agree that they will never be graceful ballerinas and need choreography / music that show off their strengths (I've mentioned action movie soundtracks before as an example). Also, she really should work on small things that she can control, like how she holds her free leg and her body position in lifts (I realize this has been stated over and over, but maybe someone will finally listen ). That said, I was mildly surprised at how well they do POTO.

Still, I can't get over that their TES is roughly equal to the top Russian pair's, both going clean and skating in Europe. That's a big statement and i give them kudos for that! It's obvious that they've been working hard over the summer, specifically on levels on non-jump elements.

*delete*
    Last edited by olympic; 10-01-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast