Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Phil Hersh just tweeted that Rockne and Amanda are not pairing up. Rockne will sit out the season

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If the GP selection rules don't change, he and new partner will still be in the running for an initial GP selection (in addition to a possible host assignment) under the split couple rule and a second as a replacement couple, based on his Worlds placement with Marley. If they go back to two years ago's rules, he can get one as a TBA for Skate America and one by being at the top of the split couples list.

If he finds someone this season, they can concentrate on the basics and becoming a team. It didn't hurt Belbin/Agosto when they did this.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    Exactly. Sorry if that was unclear. They are on paper the top US teams under D/C. I am just not convinced they will automatically be in the top 2 or in Sochi. Pairs field is wide open and some of the new pairings look promising like S/K and second year team Z/B.
    I just wasn't sure if you were referring to one team or another. I do think the field is wide open since each top team has it's main area of weakness. If D/S could get their jumps, if C/S could put it all together in comp or if D/C could majorly improve in PCS...

vCash
    Any news on whether Dee Dee Leng passed her Sr. Pairs test?

vCash
    Yes, she did on 8/11

vCash
    I see the 'pecking order' in US pairs as follows -

D/C - Love or hate them, they are the undisputed frontrunners for title of best US pair. Per the Icenetwork article Sylvia posted above, John stated they are aware of their PCS shortcomings and they are taking modern dance lessons, so we might see something fresh and new from them this season.

C/S - They've been doing fairly well and I'd slot them in 2d right now. It sounded like they did really well at both Indy and Cranberry Open in the LP (110 pts. or so at Cranberry). The Icenetwork article makes it sound like they are attacking the season from a different angle.

D/S - I luv them. They have the most talent. But, they really need to hit the SBS jumps. It will be interesting to see how they do against C/S this season. They could be ranked ahead of them or behind them (depends on whether C/S get some momentum). Also, between D/S and C/S, it may come down to which pair is most consistent on the SBS jumps since they both ironically have issues with those elements!

D/L - For a new pair, they are making big strides in a short amount of time. They got the 3twist quickly and Mark has found a partner that can land SBS jumps. Lindsay isn't a slouch on the other elements, either. I can see them on the podium at Nats.

Z/B and S/K - Z/B might have an outside shot at the podium or even the team (depends on how good or bad C/S or D/S can be), but I have a feeling they might get held back for any of the above pairs (maybe they are considered even with D/L). They seem really hungry and hit the big elements. I hope S/K get a shot at an international competition. They deserve it. She has diva potential and he shows her off properly. The fact that they could keep up w/ MT/M in the SP, nailing some big elements at Detroit in July after only a couple of months together speaks volumes about their potential, but the USFSA really needs to take notice of that first!

V/B - They seemed to improve in the SP at Golden West after the crap showing at Indy. IDK. The USFSA might consider them out-to-pasture already.

Y/R - I would love to love them, but they've admitted that they're not expecting much this year and it sounds like in interviews that they need more time together. Maybe we will all be pleasantly surprised and they will outperform expectations. Per the same Icenetwork article, it sounds like the throw jumps are good to go.

B/T - seem to be squeaking through the elements in their summer competition despite being so new as a pair, and that was surprising to me. They also seem to have a good sense of style. But need more time together.

L/L - See above.
    Last edited by olympic; 09-03-2012 at 12:13 AM.

vCash
    Who are L/L?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Who are L/L?
    Leng / LeDuc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Leng / LeDuc
    Oh yeah, I was racking my brain but couldn't come up with that.

vCash
    I see the 'pecking order' in US pairs as follows -
    Any thoughts on where Kayne/O'Shea, Durate/Grafton, and Denney/Frazier fit in? From what I've heard, all three are expected to enter Senior level for this US Figure Skating qualifying season.
    Last edited by Rochelle; 09-03-2012 at 02:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Any thoughts on where Kayne/O'Shea, Durate/Grafton, and Denney/Frazier fit in? From what I've heard, all three are expected to enter Senior level for this US Figure Skating qualifying season.
    I forgot about them , but I honestly see them all at the back end this season. Perhaps below Y/R.

I consider D/F to be the most promising of the 3 and based on past results, D/F might end up around Z/B - just off the podium and above Y/R.

What division are Pfund / Reiss competing in at Nats? Jr. or Sr. ?

vCash
    ... What division are Pfund / Reiss competing in at Nats? Jr. or Sr. ?
    Per Sylvia's scoretracker, Pfund/Reiss entered LA Open this summer as juniors. http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...-pairs-scores/ I imagine they'll remain in junior for one more season.

vCash
    Aren't Brittany Simpson and Mathew Blackmer skating senior domestically and junior internationally like Denney/Frasier?

Also which member of Liu/Perini aren't age eligible?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulaski73 View Post
    Aren't Brittany Simpson and Mathew Blackmer skating senior domestically and junior internationally like Denney/Frasier?
    Unless Simpson/Blackmer's plans have changed recently, they are skating junior both internationally and nationally this season.

Also which member of Liu/Perini aren't age eligible?
    Devin was 19 in April; Chelsea doesn't turn 13 until December.

Thanks for posting the Pairs Scoretracker link, Rochelle - I just updated it today with scores from Golden West and Onyx Challenge.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Does anybody know the sectional breakdown for the novice-senior pairs??

Thanks )

vCash
    Current International Scores of US Pairs 2012-2013
    Simpson/Blackmer 133
    Aaron/Settlage 130
    Denney/Frazier 127
    Pfund/Reiss 124
    Calalang/Sidhu 123
    De la mora/Wilson 113
    Oltmanns/Santillan 102
    -------
    Will update tomorrow with scores of Vise/Baldwin, Davis/Ladwig, Zhang/Bartholomay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Current International Scores of US Pairs 2012-2013
    Simpson/Blackmer 133
    Aaron/Settlage 130
    Denney/Frazier 127
    Pfund/Reiss 124
    Calalang/Sidhu 123
    De la mora/Wilson 113
    Oltmanns/Santillan 102
    -------
    Will update tomorrow with scores of Vise/Baldwin, Davis/Ladwig, Zhang/Bartholomay
    I wonder if Simpson/Blackmer would have medaled at JGP Lake Placid with those programs. Even though their score was lower, I enjoyed Aaron/Settlage's programs much more.

Also, assuming Calalang/Sidhu and Simpson/Blackmer get a 2nd JGP, who do you think gets the final spot available?? De La Mora/Wilson, Oltmanns/Santillian, Goldberg/Dolk, or Belt/Johnson ?

vCash
    FWIW, Christina Zaitsev/Ernie Utah Stevens have the highest summer competition total score (113 at Indy Challenge) of the age-eligible pairs yet to be assigned to a JGP.

I've updated my U.S. Pairs Scoretracker with scores from recent club competitions, the first 2 JGPs, as well as the Senior B and Junior/Novice Challenge Skate in Salt Lake City this past weekend: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...-pairs-scores/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I've updated my U.S. Pairs Scoretracker with scores from recent club competitions, the first 2 JGPs, as well as the Senior B and Junior/Novice Challenge Skate in Salt Lake City this past weekend: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...-pairs-scores/
    Thanks. Interesting to see C/S doing so well in the pre-season. I hope they overcome the inconsistency on the SBS jumps because they are dynamic and their explosiveness on the big elements, as well as the lifts, could take them far. Also didn't realize that S/K's score at Skate Detroit is comfortably the 3rd highest score among all US pairs so far. I'll say it 'til I'm blue in the face: USFSA, take note!

vCash
    Thanks. Interesting to see C/S doing so well in the pre-season. I hope they overcome the inconsistency on the SBS jumps because they are dynamic and their explosiveness on the big elements, as well as the lifts, could take them far. Also didn't realize that S/K's score at Skate Detroit is comfortably the 3rd highest score among all US pairs so far. I'll say it 'til I'm blue in the face: USFSA, take note!

They have received Nice Senior B

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast