Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

vCash
    Skate Detroit Senior Pairs SP (6 teams competed):
    K Moore-Towers/D Moscovitch CAN 59.47 [32.92 TES/26.55 PCS], A Scimeca/C Knierim (new) 58.49 [34.29/24.00], H Denney/B Frazier 50.18 [28.18/23.00 -1], M Purdy/M Marinaro CAN 48.00 [25.95/22.05], C Yankowskas/J Reagan (new) 36.92 [18.62/19.30 -1], K Baga/T Toth (new) 36.67 [16.92/19.75]

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I've also posted these results/scores and some info about Scimeca/Knierim in the Skate Detroit thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...53#post3630153
    Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim debuted their Moonlight Sonata SP at Broadmoor Open in June (scored 50.89 there with a fall on the sbs 3S by him). Today they received the highest TES score and reportedly went clean with 3twist, throw 3F, and both landed the 3S. Their FS music is the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack.
    (I also tweeted Jr Pairs SP & FS scores earlier.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-27-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonavan View Post
    Skate Detroit Senior Pairs SP (6 teams competed):
    K Moore-Towers/D Moscovitch CAN 59.47 [32.92 TES/26.55 PCS], A Scimeca/C Knierim (new) 58.49 [34.29/24.00], H Denney/B Frazier 50.18 [28.18/23.00 -1], M Purdy/M Marinaro CAN 48.00 [25.95/22.05], C Yankowskas/J Reagan (new) 36.92 [18.62/19.30 -1], K Baga/T Toth (new) 36.67 [16.92/19.75]
    Wow! Amazing score, good for them...

vCash
    Sylvia,

Did Y/R really score a 36.92 at Skate Detroit in the SP (per your tweet)??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Sylvia,

Did Y/R really score a 36.92 at Skate Detroit in the SP (per your tweet)??
    It's their first competition as a new team. I'm willing to cut them some slack.

Honestly, I think some people were so excited over Caitlin finally getting a partner that they had some wicked unrealistic expectations.

It takes some teams longer to gel than others. I'd give them a few years before expecting them to contend for national medals.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by apollo13 View Post
    Wow! Amazing score, good for them...
    Really impressed with Scimeca/Knierim's scores! I'm very curious to see their programs. It looks like romance suits them.

Do we know anything about B. Simpson/M. Blackmer? Last I heard they were first in the Jr Pairs SP. I hope they could keep the lead in the FS, I really enjoyed their skates a lot last season. Also, if anyone knows their music choices and would like to share, it'd be highly appreciated.

Thanks to Sylvia and everyone who posts updates from competitions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyintheAM View Post
    Really impressed with Scimeca/Knierim's scores! I'm very curious to see their programs. It looks like romance suits them.

Do we know anything about B. Simpson/M. Blackmer? Last I heard they were first in the Jr Pairs SP. I hope they could keep the lead in the FS, I really enjoyed their skates a lot last season. Also, if anyone knows their music choices and would like to share, it'd be highly appreciated.
    Sylvia has posted scores from Skate Detroit on her awesome blog.

http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...s-in-progress/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    It's their first competition as a new team. I'm willing to cut them some slack.

Honestly, I think some people were so excited over Caitlin finally getting a partner that they had some wicked unrealistic expectations.

It takes some teams longer to gel than others. I'd give them a few years before expecting them to contend for national medals.

Thaaank you- I have been waiting for this statement since the beginning of their partnership

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Sylvia has posted scores from Skate Detroit on her awesome blog.

http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...s-in-progress/
    Thank you, shan!

Happy to see Simpson/Blackmer also won the FS! Good skaters and, from what I've heard, good kids too.

vCash

Thanks to Sylvia and everyone who posts updates from competitions.
    Are they a couple off the ice?

vCash
    Does anyone know what Y/R did tech? or what they skated to??. IF it was like skate for hope there could lie the problem and new or not they both have enough tech and experience to complete elements that is why they got international spots already.... There are other new teams that skated and Y/R did skate for hope...like M/B did they just did not do or try pair elements such as over head lifts and triple throw...so something is up there....and with Internationals coming they really don't have "years to gel"... it is just not usual..yes little things like timing and sometimes line but elements...S/K have been together less than Y/R ...so...a little concerned about Y/R but wish them best no ones expecting perfection but a preview sooo....,what about B/T what did they skate to?...seems like a cute team and she is competing senior ladies too...wow ...D/F seem to be on a good roll for their JGP's...,,but also true it does take some teams longer than others. Just wondering about the internationals Y/R were given when they are not ready maybe someone else who is more ready should have those..it is definitely not a "wicked unrealistic expectation" to expect them to do senior pair elements.....but then again not always good to second guess I suppose...hope we get to see video soon! and there is still the long....but that is usually harder given the beginning of the season takes months to train a long consistently..so we may see some struggles there from all the teams Junior and Senior...just takes about 5 months of training a program to nail everything in a long.....but will be fun to watch these programs emerge if we get to see them at some point..... keep us posted!!!

vCash
    Are they a couple off the ice?
    I don't know how old are they, and I don't want to break any forum rules, but she tweets all the time about them. Take a look for yourself https://twitter.com/lexxapaige

vCash
    On Goldenskate, the poster Arianne said that Y&R missed the throw and he missed the 3toe.

Hope it's okay to post that.

vCash
    [/B]

Thaaank you- I have been waiting for this statement since the beginning of their partnership

Then;
    #1) Don't take advantage of the split pair to attain a Team USA spot if you are not ready
    #2) Allow another team who is more ready to take that spot and take your time and gel and try for 2018 or Worlds etc...

I do wish them all the best...and I had high expectations true..maybe that was wrong...
    It is not fair for them to take a Team USA spot then.. Especially when we are talking about Team USA Pairs. It is fine to take more time...take all the time you need but don't take a spot away from a team that is ready based on what you did before...I prefer teams take their time to "gel" ..prove themselves and keep "expectations" real for them..and not be rushed...for some it's better. Their first international team usa competition is around the corner....no one is expecting a clean skate right now.especially for long that takes time months usually for new teams...but for short....just go for it ...although I still do not know what they did technically so I may be speaking out of turn here...just some thoughts. ....still wishing them the best though...who knows could have been an off night long still to come..

vCash
    I don't know how old are they, and I don't want to break any forum rules, but she tweets all the time about them. Take a look for yourself https://twitter.com/lexxapaige
    wow- you are certainly right...well good for them!

vCash
    wow- you are certainly right...well good for them!
    Wow you are right...also thxs for posting about Y/R better luck in long...moving forward...long is tough this early in the season especially with the three lifts.so all the teams may struggle a bit.....so good vibes to all the teams and lots of oxygen!!!!!! Still excited about the season to come!

vCash
    Alexa is 21 and Chris is 24.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Alexa is 21 and Chris is 24.
    Thank you! It was too late for me to check. Then yes, Alexa and Chris are definitely a couple off ice, and it's obviously a plus for them on the ice so far. They're cute together.

I'm pretty sure they're not the only pairs team who are an off ice team too.

Y/R results are a bit shocking, but I agree that it was too be expected. I know many people wants Caitlin to do well, me included!, but it's unrealistic that they'll just show up and I also think a lot of people don't give Coughlin enough credit, I know it was a weird situation between them and that John isn't Mr. Elegant Skater, but he did his job and did it well, Caitlin didn't skate alone, and he's delivered when it counted the most. Also I've noticed some people have a way to high opinion of Reagan He has better lines than Coughlin, obviously, and he has a mop of blond hair and blue eyes that Caitlin seems to value so much but he's not that great yet.

I hope Y/R get a lot better soon, because it would be tragic that they took a spot in the GP at the level they seem to be at now. I've only watched their performance at Skate for Hope, I know I can't judge anything by that, but it wasn't encouraging, and these scores kinda supported that first impression.

I could have just quoted oldskoolsk8tr, cloudy_gumdrops, jdonavan about Y/R. I'm new to posting here, I'll get more FSU savvy with time (I hope.)

vCash
    Awe Crankyintheam
    You bring up a great point....people do not often realize that the boys are a part of the equation and John did his job and as you so stated did it well...So it can be said that pairs are WAY more complicated than we might want to believe or see.

It takes the right connection and both skaters to pull off kind of amazing feats at the same exact time. When you think about it when you have a clean skate that is awesome soooo much goes into that and because a couple is good doesn't mean when and if they split they will be amazing separately although I know it happens. Just wanting to give kudos to these pairs...in the 80's it was not like this at all!!!

I think Y/R will skate better in the long but I also think it is early for a clean long so all the teams may struggle and that is normal. Look at the long M/B just did all doubles they basically just walked through the program easy to get it clean and work on endurance cause lets face it...takes time to build for the season so good for S/K, D/F, and B/T, Y/R ...so growth although hard can be the stepping stone to greatness...

vCash
    Y/R results are a bit shocking, but I agree that it was too be expected. I know many people wants Caitlin to do well, me included!, but it's unrealistic that they'll just show up and I also think a lot of people don't give Coughlin enough credit, I know it was a weird situation between them and that John isn't Mr. Elegant Skater, but he did his job and did it well, Caitlin didn't skate alone, and he's delivered when it counted the most. Also I've noticed some people have a way to high opinion of Reagan He has better lines than Coughlin, obviously, and he has a mop of blond hair and blue eyes that Caitlin seems to value so much but he's not that great yet.

I hope Y/R get a lot better soon, because it would be tragic that they took a spot in the GP at the level they seem to be at now. I've only watched their performance at Skate for Hope, I know I can't judge anything by that, but it wasn't encouraging, and these scores kinda supported that first impression.
    Without seeing the protocols I'm not sure how anyone can say it was shocking. I also don't know of anyone who said they would show up and kick ass.

Coughlin and Denney both had good partners for a few years (both US Champs, each getting 6th and 7th at Worlds) before teaming up. Yankowskas sat out a year before teaming up Reagan who the best he ever did with Cain was 4th at Jr Worlds, so her former partners are not exact equals. He has only been a serious pairs skater since 2009. To compare the two is silly.

As far as your comment 'it would be tragic that they took a spot in the GP at the level they seem to be at now' - that is her right under the rules set by the ISU and she's not the only skater to use it. If you have a problem with it, write the ISU. If it benefited a skater you were related to, you would have no problem with it

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast