Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Todd Sand and Jenni Meno will coach 4 teams at the Los Angeles Open in mid-July: Marley/Brubaker, Jessica Calalang/Zack Sidhu (JGP-eligible), Chelsea Liu/Devin Perini (novice champs, now junior), and Lianna Thomas/David Botero (new novice team).

Jessica Pfund/AJ Reiss (JGP-eligible), coached by Peter Oppegard, are also making their season debut at LA Open, along with Elise Middleton/Robert Hennings, who are staying Novice (they were 5th in Novice at 2012 Nationals).

ETA: Christina "Divette" Zaitsev/Ernie Utah Stevens (4th in Novice at Nationals, JGP-eligible) will skate their Junior programs in exhibition at a competition in Troy, Ohio the same weekend as LA Open.

@KiriBaga tweeted today:
    Divaette and Utah! I so hope these two kids stay together. Such potential.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I've started an Indy Challenge competition thread in the 2012-13 Kiss and Cry forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84192

It looks like Dalilah Sappenfield's and Meno/Sand's teams are electing not to compete at Indy this year.

For those who want to watch the exhibition programs of Yankowskas/Reagan (starting around the 21:30 min. mark) and Marley/Brubaker (26:00 min. mark) at last month's "Skate for Hope," video of the entire show is now up at IceNetwork: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...73#post3613473
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-07-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: to correct a typo
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I've started an Indy Challenge competition thread in the 2012-13 Kiss and Cry foruym: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84192

It looks like Dalilah Sappenfield's and Meno/Sand's teams are electing not to compete at Indy this year.

For those who want to watch the exhibition programs of Yankowskas/Reagan (starting around the 21:30 min. mark) and Marley/Brubaker (26:00 min. mark) at last month's "Skate for Hope," video of the entire show is now up at IceNetwork: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...73#post3613473
    Thanks Sylvia...Not a great "start" for Caitlin and Josh: 2 throw sal, fall on 2 toe, shaky "standing still" simple Swan lift, I can see why they aren't competing at Indy now...I predict a withdrawal from Skate Detroit with Camp Delilah showing up in force.

vCash
    I just posted my interview with Junior Pair team De la Mora and Wilson who will make their season debut at Liberty: http://icemusings.blogspot.com/2012/...rnational.html

vCash
    ETA: Christina "Divette" Zaitsev/Ernie Utah Stevens (4th in Novice at Nationals, JGP-eligible) will skate their Junior programs in exhibition at a competition in Troy, Ohio the same weekend as LA Open.
    Her nickname is "Divette"? Really?? I've got to hear how that came about!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Her nickname is "Divette"? Really?? I've got to hear how that came about!
    Just checked the 2012 U.S. Nationals Novice Pairs play-by-play thread in the FSU Archives, and it looks like rfisher first nicknamed Zaitsev/Stevens "Utah and Divaette" (Utah is Stevens' middle name) and oleada used "Divette." So which should we go with - "Divaette" or "Divette"?

ETA: Thanks for the Brianna de la Mora/Taylor Wilson interview, icemusings!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-07-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I think "Divette" flows better.

vCash
    Agreed!

But what I want to know is, why? In a sport full of divas to begin with, you must have to do something really spectacular to get that moniker tacked onto you.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    because she is a diva in training. Exquisite lines and carriage. And who could not want to call Ernie Stevens Utah? I will be crushed if they split apart.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    because she is a diva in training. Exquisite lines and carriage. And who could not want to call Ernie Stevens Utah? I will be crushed if they split apart.
    Same here.

I'm glad the Divette nickname didn't fall by the wayside.

vCash
    I'll have to let Christina know that her nickname of Divette is sticking. She's a relatively chill kid off the ice.

Ernie Utah will be starting college at Butler this fall (about a 15 minute drive from their training rink), and Christina's parents coach them... so barring the unforseeable injury / growth spurt / quitting / meltdown / partner struggling w/ learning triples / etc. circumstances, I imagine their partnership still has life remaining in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    I'll have to let Christina know that her nickname of Divette is sticking. She's a relatively chill kid off the ice.

Ernie Utah will be starting college at Butler this fall (about a 15 minute drive from their training rink), and Christina's parents coach them... so barring the unforseeable injury / growth spurt / quitting / meltdown / partner struggling w/ learning triples / etc. circumstances, I imagine their partnership still has life remaining in it.

vCash
    Speaking of Ernie Utah Stevens , here's a nice blurb that was published about him in his high school newspaper last month when he graduated from Trinity High School in Louisville, KY: http://my.hsj.org/Schools/Newspaper/...blic_Bank.aspx

And here's another article from the same source in March 2011 about his training/commuting schedule, his transition from singles to pairs, and his Juvenile and Intermediate level success with "Divette" in spite of his broken toe before Intermediate Nationals in November 2010: http://my.hsj.org/Schools/Newspaper/...g_back_up.aspx

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the most recent article listed is going off of somewhat old information (it is a high school publication, but hey, the first article was better than many of the articles we come across ):

"In 2011, the pair placed fourth nationally at the intermediate level and are competing at the novice level for 2012."
    [/url]
    That's kinda true... they did compete at the Novice level for the 2012 Nationals where they placed 4th. But those were in January. The rest of 2012 the expectation is that they'll compete in the Junior level. (Entered in Junior at Troy, and Indy Challenge - -as well as added to the ISP (International Selection Pool)). They will take their junior test in August.

vCash
    Thanks, Rochelle! Stevens mentioned the "2012 Junior Olympics in Austria" as a goal in the March 2011 article -- I assume he meant the inaugural Youth Olympic Games in Innsbruck, but it turned out they weren't eligible to be selected because they competed at the Novice level in the 2011-12 season (not sure they were age-eligible in any case?).

Zhang/Bartholomay [SP video from Summer Chiller competition]: http://www.news-press.com/videonetwo...te-Bartholomay
    I've learned their SP music is from the film soundtrack of Cocoon.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-13-2012 at 04:40 PM.

vCash
    Has anyone seen the pairs events at the LA Open?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icelover View Post
    Has anyone seen the pairs events at the LA Open?
    There have been some tweets posted here: https://twitter.com/DougMattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    There have been some tweets posted here: https://twitter.com/DougMattis
    Thanks very much!

vCash
    Tim LeDuc posted on fb today he is signed up for Indy. Does anyone know who he is skating with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Tim LeDuc posted on fb today he is signed up for Indy. Does anyone know who he is skating with?
    Looks like DeeDee Leng! She won the 2009 U.S. junior ladies title at the age of 15. Leng, now 18, last competed in the fall of 2009 (JGP in Lake Placid) and then withdrew from the rest of that season due to a back injury.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast