Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    True, but I was just racking my brain to recall if Davis/Leftheris did a 3twist ...
    Yes they did.

vCash
    http://www.news-press.com/videonetwo...tvideo|article There was a video posted of Ladwig and Davis

vCash
    Thanks! Here are direct links to 3 SP videos from the Summer Chiller competition (I'll cross-post them in the US Club Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry):

Davis/Ladwig: http://www.news-press.com/videonetwo...-Lindsay-Davis

Zhang/Bartholomay: http://www.news-press.com/videonetwo...te-Bartholomay

Kayne/O'Shea: http://www.news-press.com/videonetwo...d-Danny-O-Shea

ETA that I missed reading this article yesterday that includes comments by the skaters following their short program performances on Saturday: http://www.marcoislandflorida.com/ar...xt%7CFRONTPAGE
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-25-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for the links.

Very promising pairing of Davis/ Ladwig. Debut performance jitters apparent and they need to work more on unison and perfecting their lifts, but I like what I see, and I love their music!

vCash
    I thought all 3 teams looked good for June- speed of Kayne/O'Shea was nice and a better mature look from Zhang/Bartholomay - Mark looks good with Lindsay- takes courage to get out there in June especially with video all around!

vCash
    Z/B - did she double the throw jump? Couldn't tell! Also, I hope they upgrade the SBS jumps from 2x. But, yes, they looked really polished for June.

vCash
    Z/B - did she double the throw jump? Couldn't tell! Also, I hope they upgrade the SBS jumps from 2x. But, yes, they looked really polished for June.
    She is recovering from hip injury- is only allowed to do up to 2 axel and double throws- should be upgraded by Liberty
    Last edited by carriemarie; 06-24-2012 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    She is recovering from hip injury- is only allowed to do up to 2 axel and double throws- should be upgraded by Liberty
    OK. Good to know. Thanks. Perhaps their great performances from the end of last season have created a hunger for this season, because they both just seemed to be attacking this program (despite the doubles)

vCash
    OK. Good to know. Thanks. Perhaps their great performances from the end of last season have created a hunger for this season, because they both just seemed to be attacking this program (despite the doubles)
    Agreed- I saw the long today and I think they are moving into that top 5 grouping this season...promising for June!

vCash
    Can you give us details about how everyone skated?

vCash
    Brief notes about the pairs (Scimeca/Knierim & Denney/Frazier in Sr.; Aaron/Settlage & Simpson/Blackmer in Jr.) that competed at the Broadmoor Open this past weekend: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=118
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-25-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Can you give us details about how everyone skated?
    Long was only performed by Zhang/ Bartholomay and Kayne/O'Shea

Z/B: skated to WSS and had improved speed than last season- 3 twist (small crash) both throws doubles because of her recovering injury (I was told by Mom in audience)- sbs 2 axels with steps before and 3 toe skip 3 toe series- again she only did doubles, but his was rock solid. Nice "Maria" slow piece, they were both deep into character...Great difficult lifts- last one with carry at end into end position.

K/O: This team has a great speed- solid sbs 3 sals, she went down on 2 axel series- lifts good- (they also end program with lift) 3 sal throw huge but fall and a big double twist- Rachmaninov long- they seem to relate to each other very well considering it was (I heard) her first pair competition- fun to see this team develop through "boot camp" of Liberty and Indy-
    Last edited by carriemarie; 06-25-2012 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    Thanks, carriemarie.

According to the local article (see post #83 for link): "[Tarah] Kayne recently missed a month of action with a torn ligament in her ankle" and Zhang/Bartholomay "have bypassed jumps and throws for several weeks after [Felicia] Zhang took a bad fall."

SP detailed protocols for Davis/Ladwig, Zhang/Barthomay, Kayne/O'Shea (plus GBR's Kemp/King): http://www.icejudge.com/documents/co...s/SEGM008.html

FS detailed protocols for Zhang/Bartholomay and Kayne/O'Shea: http://www.icejudge.com/documents/co...s/SEGM011.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-27-2012 at 04:38 AM. Reason: to correct Evora/Ladwig to Davis/Ladwig (oops!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks, carriemarie.

SP detailed protocols for Evora/Ladwig, Zhang/Barthomay, Kayne/O'Shea (plus GBR's Kemp/King): http://www.icejudge.com/documents/co...s/SEGM008.html

: http://www.icejudge.com/documents/co...s/SEGM011.html
    Really?

vCash

Still getting used to typing the new team's names.

I've edited in the correction.

vCash
    Todd Sand and Jenni Meno will coach 4 teams at the Los Angeles Open in mid-July: Marley/Brubaker, Jessica Calalang/Zack Sidhu (JGP-eligible), Chelsea Liu/Devin Perini (novice champs, now junior), and Lianna Thomas/David Botero (new novice team).

Jessica Pfund/AJ Reiss (JGP-eligible), coached by Peter Oppegard, are also making their season debut at LA Open, along with Elise Middleton/Robert Hennings, who are staying Novice (they were 5th in Novice at 2012 Nationals).

ETA: Christina "Divette" Zaitsev/Ernie Utah Stevens (4th in Novice at Nationals, JGP-eligible) will skate their Junior programs in exhibition at a competition in Troy, Ohio the same weekend as LA Open.

@KiriBaga tweeted today:
    Nothing is more scary than learning a pairs twist. Nothing. I'm not sayin' its bad but it's scary.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-03-2012 at 10:17 PM.

vCash
    That's a good decision by Baga. She didn't have a full arsenal of triples and her slight build is perfect for pairs.

Good luck on that skary twist.

vCash
    Wait. Sorry. Who is Kiri skating with?

vCash
    Wait. Sorry. Who is Kiri skating with?
    Taylor Toth.

And Ziggy, I don't think Baga has said anything yet about giving up singles.

vCash
    Kiri Baga already has competed in singles this season and plans to continue - she's in USFS' International Selection Pool for singles and still JGP age-eligible at 17. Baga/Toth are scheduled to compete (debut?) at Indy Challenge in early August - Jeremy Allen is their pairs coach in Chicago.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast