Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good choice!

I am surprised more Pairs aren't hiring Julie Marcotte, given how amazing her work for Gauthier's teams has been.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Marissa Castelli (she and Simon Shnapir just returned from a choreography trip to Montreal last week) tweeted that they have a "tango" free skate. Sounds like they may worked with Julie Marcotte as well?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

I am surprised more Pairs aren't hiring Julie Marcotte, given how amazing her work for Gauthier's teams has been.
    Possibly because they can't bear to listen to tinkly piano versions of good music day-in-and-day-out

I love her choreography, but the musical arrangements she chooses are
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting this Timothy LeDuc update from the U.S. Men's news thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    And Skittl1231, you're are correct: he [LeDuc] has not found a new partner yet, as of last week.

He's currently working on his Senior (singles) Free Skate to test this summer. He hadn't tested it following his last competitive singles season... which was at the Junior level a few years ago.
    New article on the U.S. junior champs Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier - they plan to compete junior internationally and senior nationally in the coming season and their programs were choreographed by Julie Marcotte: http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/05/s...y-and-frazier/
    They will debut their senior level SP program at Broadmoor Open in June and both their senior programs at Skate Detroit in July.
    This article also confirms the new Senior pair of Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim in Colorado Springs.

ETA 3 recently listed pair skaters on icepartnersearch.com:
    Nancy Xu, age 13, 9th in Novice Pairs at 2012 US Nationals
    Brian Johnson, age 16, 3rd in Intermediate Pairs at 2012 Jr Nats
    Cody Dolkiewicz, age 17, 4th in Intermediate Pairs at 2012 Jr Nats
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-30-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I was eating dinner at Northpark mall today between classes (stupid quarter school) and I walked by Caitlin Yankowskas and Joshua Reagan.

vCash
    How was her physicality?^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    How was her physicality?^^^
    I didn't really look at them. I saw her face and thought wow that girl looks familiar then I saw Josh and I knew who they were. She looked the same as always from the glance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    I didn't really look at them. I saw her face and thought wow that girl looks familiar then I saw Josh and I knew who they were. She looked the same as always from the glance.
    Was she wearing her Lv 4 mascara? Just wondering if that is something she wears off-ice in private as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Was she wearing her Lv 4 mascara? Just wondering if that is something she wears off-ice in private as well
    I saw her this year at Nationals getting coffee on the last day without her false eyelashes on. Still very pretty. She laughed at me because I had no make up and mine on, but I have those semi-permanent eyelash extensions. She should invest in those...

vCash
    Lol she looked like she had full out makeup on because she looked the same as always.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Marley/Brubaker (Canada/Japan)
    So sexy Rockne is coming to Canada this year?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    U.S. Senior pairs that have registered to compete at Liberty in July so far are:
    Gretchen Donlan/Andrew Speroff, Felicia Zhang/Nate Bartholomay, Kylie Duarte/Colin Grafton, and Tarah Kayne/Danny O'Shea (new).
    Also: Jessica Dubé/Sébastien Wolfe (CAN - SP only), Stacey Kemp/David King (GBR), Kloe Bautista/Tyler Harris (planning to represent PHI).

U.S. Junior pairs that have registered to compete at Liberty so far include: Brianna de la Mora/Taylor Wilson, Audrey Goldberg/Joseph Dolkiewicz, Alexandria Shaughnessy/James Morgan, Caitlin Belt/Michael Johnson, and AnnaMarie Pearce/Matej Silecky (new).

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    @LadwigMark tweeted:
    "Pair simulation @EllentonIce Friday at 1 pm. Lindsay [Davis] and I debut our short program! Come one--come all."

Kiri Baga tweeted that she passed her Novice Pairs test today.

"Five Favorite Things with Kylie Duarte and Colin Grafton": http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    They spent time at the Detroit Skating Club in April, turning to former Polish champion Zuzanna Szwed to choreograph their first senior programs, a short to The Little Princess soundtrack and free skate to music from Romeo and Juliet.
    ETA: Colin Grafton tweeted yesterday that they have since modified the FS music to include the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack as well.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-08-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Banned Member
    vCash

5 vav things

@LadwigMark tweeted:
    "Pair simulation @EllentonIce Friday at 1 pm. Lindsay [Davis] and I debut our short program! Come one--come all."

Kiri Baga tweeted that she passed her Novice Pairs test today.

"Five Favorite Things with Kylie Duarte and Colin Grafton": http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    I'm not surprized that one of there 5 fav things are not SBS trips or even SBS 2x.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tanith Belbin spent some time last month working with Bobby Martin's pair teams in Boston - she tweeted this group photo: http://twitter.com/TanithJLB/status/...521985/photo/1

The National Pairs Camp is this weekend (June 9-10) at the Canlan Ice Sports facility in Fort Wayne, Indiana: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=516
    I'm interested to know how it goes if anyone attends/is willing to share some impressions.

ETA: Belbin tweeted last week that she was "invited by USFS to the ISU Congress in Kuala Lumpur as the athlete representative" so it looks like she will not be at the Pairs camp this weekend.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-08-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Brief article about USFS' Pairs Camp this weekend: http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...158353335.html

Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan can be glimpsed entering a BO edge death spiral at the end of this local news video clip about the Pairs Camp: http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/f...-in-fort-wayne

vCash
    Brief article about USFS' Pairs Camp this weekend: http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...158353335.html

Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan can be glimpsed entering a BO edge death spiral at the end of this local news video clip about the Pairs Camp: http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/f...-in-fort-wayne
    Thanks, Sylvia. Every tidbit helps sate our thirst for news in the off-season

Who was the first pair to enter the Death Spiral in the news clip - Z/B?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Who was the first pair to enter the Death Spiral in the news clip Z/B?
    No. I didn't recognize them.

I expected Y/R to be at the camp as a demonstration pair for Johns/Zueva. My impression is that this camp is targeted towards less advanced, younger pairs.

ETA that Amanda Evora tweeted today that she "Loved working with kids!" at the Pairs Camp.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-11-2012 at 01:39 AM.

vCash
    Thanks, Sylvia. Every tidbit helps sate our thirst for news in the off-season

Who was the first pair to enter the Death Spiral in the news clip - Z/B?
    The male was definitely (currently pairs partner-less) Tim LeDuc... not entirely sure about the female, but she looks/dresses like Carly Powers, who trains with the same coach as Tim... so perhaps they attended together for the experience, esp. if her brother and pairs partner David was not available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    The male was definitely (currently pairs partner-less) Tim LeDuc... not entirely sure about the female, but she looks/dresses like Carly Powers, who trains with the same coach as Tim... so perhaps they attended together for the experience, esp. if her brother and pairs partner David was not available.
    Whoa, quick trip for Tim, then, since he was testing in Iowa on the 8th!

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast