Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash

vCash
    Assignments coming out May 21. Guess it IS before the congress this year. Oh, ISU, so wacky.

vCash
    another Washington state hosting. after spokane and everett in 2002 and 2008 respectively Kent gets its turn. Time for USFSA to announce 2014 Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Pacific Northwest, yo!
    I'm reading this as your RSVP ... one for the "pros" side for my to-attend-or-not ponderings.

vCash

Ice dancer Ben Agosto, who now lives and coaches in the Seattle area, will serve as the event's honorary chairperson.
    USFS' press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48048&type=media
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    I'm reading this as your RSVP ... one for the "pros" side for my to-attend-or-not ponderings.
    oh, you best be coming, so we can have an epic Vanessa vs Rachel hissy fit and maybe try our collective hand at some Xtina karaoke and perhaps watch some skating
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Too many West Coast events. URG! Bad choice!

vCash
    Yet another event I'm not going to. Does USFSA hate the East Coast? This is getting ridiculous.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I'm disappointed it's not more convenient for the East Coast, but glad that they have local clubs in the Pacific West willing to support and put on the event.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nikjil View Post
    Does USFSA hate the East Coast?
    Yes, I think that's exactly it.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I'm disappointed it's not more convenient for the East Coast, but glad that they have local clubs in the Pacific West willing to support and put on the event.
    I feel the same.
    We can't question why the Western US keeps getting events, if other areas won't bid or support them!

vCash
    WA fans will fill seats; they have proven this in the past. Not saying the east coast couldn't/wouldn't do the same, but they may be playing it safe after last year's sad, empty event
    Last edited by PinkFeathers; 05-04-2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: clarity

vCash
    Ben Augusto lives in Seattle? I didn't know! I want to run into him

also, being so close, I will definetly be going this year!

vCash
    Either East Coast clubs aren't doing a good job with bidding or bidding at all or someone at the USFS Headquarters just likes going to the West Coast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I feel the same.
    We can't question why the Western US keeps getting events, if other areas won't bid or support them!
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe clubs are involved in the awarding of SA, b/c it's an ISU event. I imagine that the volunteer base in an area might be considered, but I suspect it's almost entirely about cost and availability, plus the requirement that there has to be a Hilton nearby to serve as the host hotel. And if the USFSA keeps waiting until the spring before to choose the location, it's not surprising their options are limited.

Actually, I don't think clubs are even involved in the awarding of Nats anymore. The past few years, it has seemed to be some sort of local tourism or sports/business group that handled the bid process and the event organization.

vCash
    Kent is 3133 miles for me! It might as well be in China!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe clubs are involved in the awarding of SA, b/c it's an ISU event. I imagine that the volunteer base in an area might be considered, but I suspect it's almost entirely about cost and availability, plus the requirement that there has to be a Hilton nearby to serve as the host hotel. And if the USFSA keeps waiting until the spring before to choose the location, it's not surprising their options are limited.

Actually, I don't think clubs are even involved in the awarding of Nats anymore. The past few years, it has seemed to be some sort of local tourism or sports/business group that handled the bid process and the event organization.
    someone in the area has to be willing and make an effort to lobby for the event. Maybe it's the clubs, maybe it's the local tourism bureau, but no one is going to award a competition to a city that hasn't shown that they are ready for it and interested.

I was under the impression that the USFSA has been delaying the announcements because of the lack of options, not the other way around.

vCash
    For me, it does not matter if it is East Coast or West Coast. I live in the deep South; therefore, I know that if I want to attend skating events (competition or exhibition) I have to travel long distance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    This is going far beyond local clubs stepping up. It's the kowtowing/pandering of Gregoire that's in play here.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast