Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Yup Nagasu fans can't let 2010 go

vCash
    Having been at the ladies free skate in the crowd. I can tell you that while Mirai Nagasu delivered a fantastic program, in no way should she have won the bronze medal.

Joannie landed six triple jumps including two triple lutzes, with a step out on the flip and a turnout on the double axel, but she had everything else. She had the emotional depth and the connection with the program and the music that Mirai just didn't have.

Obviously given the circumstances and everything that Joannie was going through, the crowd was completely with her, but having been in the room that night, and seeing what I saw, Mirai edged Joannie on the technical elements score and rightly so, but Joannie had everything else, interpretation, the choreography, the emotional depth and the connection with the music that Mirai didn't have.

Had Mirai won the bronze medal there would have been a riot in the arena. Joannie beat Mirai fair and square.

As to a comeback, I honestly believe that Joannie's heart just isn't in it anymore. If she does come back, she's not going to want to comeback just to finish 7th or 8th, she'll want a medal. Don't get me wrong, if she does come back I will be the first on her bandwagon. She's an amazing skater and and even more amazing person, but she's been a world and Olympic medalist, she's reached the pinnacle of the sport.

I don't think we will be seeing a Rochette comeback for 2014.
    Kyle

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Actually Joannie landed 7 triples. The flip (plus 6 others) was landed , but with a step out.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ichiro View Post
    I'm neutral, don't like Nagasu any more than Rochette. You can question the results without being an uber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ichiro View Post
    I'm Nagasu fan but never had a problem with the results of 2010. Joannie deserved her bronze, IMO.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567