Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    define haters
    A person who doesn't like what you like.

vCash
    Who was the one who thought it would be a good idea to put Phillip and Joshua together in a duet of "You've Lost that Loving Feeling?" It was ridiculous. And not because of their genders.

Between the duet and his second solo I think Phillip may finally make an appearance in the bottom three. His second solo was far and away his worst performance so far. It was totally out of his range. He obviously had problems with his ear piece from the beginning and he might not have been able to hear himself, but still. I can't believe the judges didn't call him out on that. That may end up hurting him because his fans may have a false sense of security.

I did not like Skylar's shouting in her second song. It wasn't good shouting. Of course, the judges just raved.

I am more than ready to have Joshua and his shrieking go home, but I'm not counting on that happening. The best singer in fifty years?

I'd have Hollie and Jessica be the two safe ones. (I thought they were too harsh on Jessica for the first song. Yes, she's not old enough and I wish she would dress younger, but she sang well.) But that would require both guys to be in the bottom three and I can't see that happening.

vCash
    Lindsey Parker of Reality Rocks speculated that it may be a bottom two and not a bottom three this week.

vCash
    Phillip is on the bottom at Dial Idol. OTOH vote for the worst is voting their fingers off for him.

vCash
    I've thought Phillip was overrated from the beginning and would be perfectly happy if he's gone this week.

Jessica keeps wearing these 6 inch heels and she can't move in them. She needs footwear she can walk around in that doesn't hobble her movement.

Loving Joshua, Holly and Jessica. Jessica needs work on oher stage presence but I love her voice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Phillip is on the bottom at Dial Idol. OTOH vote for the worst is voting their fingers off for him.
    I think Jess and P2, 2 of my faves, are in the bottom 2 as of late last night.

Tonight will be an interesting night and it'll be tough for me to see anyone go, even screechy Josh .

I can see Hollie or Skylar being crowned AI if P2 does get eliminated tonight. If he survive, I think the girls are in big trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I assume he's in the bottom however many (2 or 3), but I wonder if he'll get eliminated.

I want to see the next two eliminations be P2 and Josh...because it would probably be the only all-female top 3 ever.

vCash
    I'm not a Jessica hater, but she reminds me of someone with an amazing voice who only speaks English trying to perform a classic Italian piece and connect to the lyrics, even though they have no clue what they mean.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I haven't watched the tape yet, but at my office, everyone who watched liked Joshua the best and Phillip the least. So it seems kinda universal that Phillip had his worst week. If he is not in the B2, I think that will speak volumes.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I really enjoyed Hollie last night. She has an amazing voice and is getting better at connecting with the song and the lyrics. I was disappointed in Phillip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    I'm not a Jessica hater, but she reminds me of someone with an amazing voice who only speaks English trying to perform a classic Italian piece and connect to the lyrics, even though they have no clue what they mean.
    I'm with you. I prefer singers who have spent at least a few years in bars and coffeehouses ironing out the kinks.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I don't think Skylar has spent much time in coffee houses (bars maybe...) but I like how when she performs she just goes out there and does it. With Jessica it doesn't seem as natural. You can see her thinking "walk walk walk...shake hips...walk walk..point...smile..turn...walk"

That said, I'm sure in TPTB's eyes someone like Jessica is far easier to mold into what they want, so they're going to push for that.

vCash
    I don't think Skylar has spent much time in coffee houses (bars maybe...) but I like how when she performs she just goes out there and does it. With Jessica it doesn't seem as natural. You can see her thinking "walk walk walk...shake hips...walk walk..point...smile..turn...walk"

That said, I'm sure in TPTB's eyes someone like Jessica is far easier to mold into what they want, so they're going to push for that.
    Agreed. Skylar may be too much of an individual for them.

vCash
    Count me in as NOT liking Joshua's screaming. Or Skylars on the 2nd song. She had no idea that CCR song was bashing the US; Little Steven should have clued her in on that. Also count me in as a Terence Trent D'Arby fan (wishing Deandre could have got to sing...)
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdgal View Post
    I really enjoyed Hollie last night. She has an amazing voice and is getting better at connecting with the song and the lyrics. I was disappointed in Phillip.
    I agree.

vCash
    It does seem to be working with Jordan Sparks. She was just as awkward on stage as Jessica is now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    It does seem to be working with Jordan Sparks. She was just as awkward on stage as Jessica is now.
    I don't get the power pop emphasis on the show. That stuff doesn't really sell all that well today with very few exceptions. The heyday of that style was 25 years ago which, unfortunately, coincides with the age when Jimmy and the judges were developing their tastes in music.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Results show: Coldplay and Carrie Underwood will perform.
    Joshua called forward right off the top. Jimmy thinks he's awesome and will surely be saved.

He is safe.

Coldplay up, doing "Paradise" because the world just can't get enough of that song.
    Last edited by LuckyCharm; 05-04-2012 at 01:15 AM.

vCash
    Was Philip not in the Ford video?

Oh, and Coldplay is on my teevee. I have to change the channel for a moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Was Philip not in the Ford video?

That confused me. I thought either a) he and Josh were dressed so much alike that I couldn't distinguish them, or b) he was the giant.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast