Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

How much sleep do you get?

For me, 8 1/2 hours seems the perfect amount of sleep, although I can do okay with 7 if need be. 5-6 hours affects me in not such a great way and I'm basically a zombie with anything less than that.

What about you?

vCash
    I'm with you, I need my sleep and am jealous of people who don't. 8-9 is great. Can function on 7-71/2, but less than that not a pretty picture.

vCash
    I love my sleep, but am a natural night-person who cannot turn off the lights until at least 12:30am.

I get 8-10 hours a night on the weekend, 5-6 hours during the weekday (always nap at work during lunch).

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I'm not a morning person. I can sleep 12 hours on the weekend, and still feel like I want more. However, as long as I get 5 hours sleep I feel fine once I'm up. Less than that and I feel slightly dumbed down.

eta (or what Duane said- minus the nap)
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    4 hrs during the wk max, totally jealous of all of you braggarts
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Not enough!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Not enough!
    Ditto!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Not enough!
    You took my answer.

I'm not a morning person, but I have to be at work at 8 am. Makes for a really fun morning. I always tell people I'm not really awake until 10 am.

I'm a night owl, so going to bed early means before midnight.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    I've suffered from chronic insomnia for at least 30 years. I don't know how much sleep I get, but it isn't much. Of actual sleep, I'd say about 4 hours a night - not more. The rest of it is tossing and turning.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I have noticed that I like to sleep in 4 hour increments. So I need 8 hours of sleep but usually I get 6.5 to 7 because I would need to go to bed by 9:30 every night to get 8 hours and I just can't finish my day that early. I read that the normal person's sleep cycle takes 4 hours to complete so it makes sense that I prefer 4 hours or 8 hours. I find when I need a really good nap I will pass out and always always wake up 4 hours later.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    I've suffered from chronic insomnia for at least 30 years. I don't know how much sleep I get, but it isn't much. Of actual sleep, I'd say about 4 hours a night - not more. The rest of it is tossing and turning.
    This describes my sleep patterns too. So my answer is like the majority here - not enough

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    I'm not a morning person. I can sleep 12 hours on the weekend, and still feel like I want more. However, as long as I get 5 hours sleep I feel fine once I'm up. Less than that and I feel slightly dumbed down.

eta (or what Duane said- minus the nap)
    This.
    I know I should sleep more during the week, but i simply can't finish everything I need to do before midnight.
    D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Another night owl here. I try to shoot for 8 hours. Morning people are
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Nowadays I average about 7 hrs. per night, though it's sometimes less because I either can't go to sleep or I wake up and stay awake for a couple of hours. When I was younger, I got by on much less.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    8 hours every night would be perfect--but most weeknights I settle for 7 or 7.5 hours. I get 8-9 hours on weekend nights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    I'm not a morning person. I can sleep 12 hours on the weekend, and still feel like I want more.
    Me too!

vCash
    8 is ideal, but I often get 7. I too seem to sleep 4hr cycles and hate napping. Both my husband and I wake up super cranky and disorientated from naps, so we avoid them like the plague.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    I need about 8 hours of sleep but I only get about 7 hours during the week. It's hard for me to make it up during the weekend without napping because I get headaches if I sleep more than 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    8 is ideal, but I often get 7. I too seem to sleep 4hr cycles and hate napping. Both my husband and I wake up super cranky and disorientated from naps, so we avoid them like the plague.
    This may sound weird but I have a little trick that helps me avoid the disorientation and crankiness after a nap. I set the timer on my phone for twenty minutes and keep hitting the reset button after each twenty minutes is up. This way I get some rest without ever falling into a deep sleep, which is what causes the disorientation and crankiness.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    I don't even know how to answer this. I'm a caregiver, and pretty much have to be available 24/7 for Mom. So now I sleep in tiny nap-spurts. It used to be I considered myself lucky to be able to lie down in my bed for a solid 4 hours. Now, it's looking like 2 hours at a time is the limit before she calls on me for something. This can be 2 or three times in a 24 hour period. Or, it can be several days before I see my bed again. I have a tendency to doze off in my chair, and just as I'm about ready to go upstairs to my bed to lay down, she calls on me for something else. There is no set time for this. I can be up at 2am, and try to sneak off a nap at noon. Or vice versa. Like I said, 24/7.

This is really wreaking havoc on my body. I often suffer from RLS, and the more tired I get the worse it gets. The only thing that will curb it is to lay down and stretch my legs out. For some reason stretching them out reclined in my chair doesn't work. If I get desperate, I lay down on the couch. But the dog competes with me for "her" couch. LOL. Not propery resting my legs/body makes my knees pop and creak so bad, I'm often leary of standing up from my chair lest I end up on the floor.

I can't tell you how many times I finally make it upstairs, get ready to lay down, and she calls me back down again. Or, I just get laid down, gratefully stretch my legs out, and she calls me back down before I can even think, "ahh, that feels good."

How much sleep do I get? I could say, "little to none." But the best answer is probably what others have said here. Not enough.

vCash
    I can only sleep about 5 - 6 hours a night. My mind never stops. Also very hard for me to get to sleep. On the rare occasion I get to actually sleep 8 hours or so it's bliss.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast