Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    So Jaleel is eliminated and he gives shout-outs to his fans and to Roshon...and nary a thank-you for Kym? Nice guy, that Jaleel. I think they really do hate each other, not that I can blame Kym. Not sorry to see him go.
    I think Jaleel could have danced his azz off last night and still gotten the boot as it seems that most of the pros and the producers think he's an azz-hat.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Glad to see Jaleel go. He's the only really unlikable contestant this season.

William is overrated. They want him to be another Gilles, and while he has the looks, he doesn't have the same charisma or charm. I'd prefer the top 3 to be Katherine, Maria, and Donald, with Katherine the winner (though Maria has done some very nice work).
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    ^^ Totally agree with you for the final 3 and the winner. If William wins, this show just becomes a real joke. It would be so in our faces that dance has nothing to do with anything.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I should have added that William also is not the dancer Gilles was.

That said,we know this show is about a lot besides the dancing - and I have no problem with folks voting on other issues along with the dancing (I know I do), so it wouldn't be a joke per se, but if William were to win, it would suggest a very one-dimensional voting demographic going on!
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I think Jaleel could have danced his azz off last night and still gotten the boot as it seems that most of the pros and the producers think he's an azz-hat.
    Agreed. I was actually wondering if it was some sort of agreement to get him off asap. "We'll play down the story of what happened between you and Kym as long as you understand that first chance we get, you're off."

The way he and Kym have been pretending to be so friendly since the incident was clearly to put the rumors to rest. I thought he phoned in the Dance Duel last night. Didn't look like they were trying at all which is why I think the whole thing was arranged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Charlotte Church had the talent and potential to be the next Julie Andrews. Unfortunately, her voice was pushed to the limits way too soon and she has nothing left. That's why she turned to pop and she hasn't had all that much success with it.
    Charlotte Church ruined her voice by heavy cigarette smoking. It would appear to be a deliberate sabotage of her voice on her part. Either that or she valued being rebellious over anything else, even her voice. What a waste.

I hope Jackie does not follow in Charlotte's footsteps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Agreed. I was actually wondering if it was some sort of agreement to get him off asap. "We'll play down the story of what happened between you and Kym as long as you understand that first chance we get, you're off."

The way he and Kym have been pretending to be so friendly since the incident was clearly to put the rumors to rest. I thought he phoned in the Dance Duel last night. Didn't look like they were trying at all which is why I think the whole thing was arranged.
    Jaleel didn't even appear to be trying last night, it was like he danced to get it over with. I do wonder if he was given the boot more literally than just the dance-off. Roshon really gave it his best, I don't think it was at all close.

And the judges sounded both definitive and relieved to pick Roshon to stay despite their claims (lies) that it was "close" and the decision was difficult.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Jaleel would have been better off never having done this show, image wise. At least people who remember him only as Steve Urkel would still remember him fondly. Now he's just another creepy, former child star.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Jaleel didn't even appear to be trying last night, it was like he danced to get it over with. I do wonder if he was given the boot more literally than just the dance-off. Roshon really gave it his best, I don't think it was at all close.

And the judges sounded both definitive and relieved to pick Roshon to stay despite their claims (lies) that it was "close" and the decision was difficult.
    I believe that in part, Jaleel's comment about Len before the dance off, was a veiled comment referring to that. That he had been told if you are in the bottom two we will boot you off and Len's wink said it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    Charlotte Church ruined her voice by heavy cigarette smoking. It would appear to be a deliberate sabotage of her voice on her part. Either that or she valued being rebellious over anything else, even her voice. What a waste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post

I hope Jackie does not follow in Charlotte's footsteps.
    Why would she want to deliberately ruin her voice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post

I don't know if this makes sense. He was in the bottom 2 two weeks ago (after the incident happened) and they didnt send him then. Granted his duel was with Gain, but if they had made a deal he could made some blatant errors to get kicked off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Do you think that she didn't get the right training, or that she went in the wrong direction? Rather than stick with a more classical genre, she went pop. Or, is that what you mean by not getting the right training?
    Somewhat of each.
    A young singer who shows promise needs to be brought along slowly with access to instruction to develop their voice properly.
    This maximizes their potential; whatever it is, and can prevent performance "burnout".

It seems that Charlotte Church received precious little training and was seen as a "cash cow" by any number of people.
    I don't know what kind of career - classical or popular - she might have had with better "support".
    However, we might not be talking about her as having "squandered" her talent; of as a "victim" of the Murdoch phone-hacking scandal.

I hope all the people who are responsible for/"handling" Jackie are very careful to prevent something similar from happening to her.
    I'd love to be able to listen to a matured, well managed singer, some years hence.

vCash
    Who keeps voting for Melissa???

I'm surprised Roshon keeps landing in the Bottom 2, I think he's at least the third best dancer (under Katherine and probably Maria). I suppose his teen fans don't watch DWTS all that much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Who keeps voting for Melissa???

I'm surprised Roshon keeps landing in the Bottom 2, I think he's at least the third best dancer (under Katherine and probably Maria). I suppose his teen fans don't watch DWTS all that much.
    Maybe it's people voting for Maks...

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Maks has a huge fanbase. I'm mainly a fan because of his mesmerizing ass. I could watch that thing all day!

That said, it's time for her to go. Please, oh please don't make her stay way way way past her welcome like Hope did last year. She really needs to leave. And I'll still get Maks' ass in the pro routines.

On another note, don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Mario Lopez says the next season of DWTS will be an All Star version (yay!) and that he was asked to do it. (FYI, he said he'd love to, but doesn't know where he'd fit it in.)

Please bring back Mel B and Gilles. I think it would be a neat twist if the stars came back and had to dance with a new partner instead of their original one, though I did adore Mel and Maks together. My preference would be for them to only bring back stars who came 2nd or 3rd. It would make the show more interesting than if someone like Kate Gosselin came back (shudders). My picks:

- Mel B (Maks)
    - Gilles Marini (Cheryl)
    - Kelly Osbourne (Louis)
    - Kyle Massey (Lacey)
    - Joey Fatone (Kym)
    - Mya (Dmitri)
    - Evan Lysacek (Anna) (though wouldn't work out if he plans on skating)
    - Chelsea Kane (Mark)
    - Mario Lopez (Karina) (though I doubt they'd dance together, since they used to date and I think may have even been engaged)
    - If Maria (Derek) and/or Katherine (Mark) come 2nd or 3rd this year I'd want them too. All the rest of the stars I could take or leave - I don't really care, though they'd have a bit of an advantage, with having done it most recently.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    That's definitely a good list screech. And I agree, I would hope they'd bring back great dancers, not trainwrecks that they think were/are stories.

vCash
    I would be so happy to see Gilles as an All-Star!
    I hope it happens.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I want Gilles to dance with Karina this time!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Tony could bring back Stacy? (Man is DUE, seriously.)

Please don't let it be a train wreck a la ANTM's 'all stars'...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast