vCash

It's tax day for Canadians....

I'm a terrible procrastinator so I'm yet to file. As usual I owe the Man money. My reward for working two jobs. LOL

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    I procrastinated until Saturday (28 April), partly because I thought I would owe money again this year. When I plugged the numbers into my software, however, I was very pleased to discover that I was actually entitled to a refund of just over $200. I reviewed things quickly and promptly netfiled my return
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    I did mine the day I got my T4. Usually I'm not such a keener, but this year I got $$$$ back, so I figured the sooner the better.

vCash
    I usually submit long before the deadline, but not this year. Worked on them yesterday and will netfile after work tonight - the silly thing is, both my husband and I are getting refunds!

vCash
    Filed mine 6 weeks ago (I live in the UK now). still haven't heard nothing and they owe me A LOT since I only worked 6 months last year!

vCash
    Just sent mine in and I only owe them a few hundred bucks. I have had to pay back A LOT the last few years and tis is the first time in a while I owe three digits instead of four. LOL

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Just sent mine in and I only owe them a few hundred bucks. I have had to pay back A LOT the last few years and tis is the first time in a while I owe three digits instead of four. LOL
    My father-in-law used to say "If I didn't make any money I wouldn't owe any taxes. I'd rather owe."
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Ours was done 2 months ago and we have to send in tax $$ the end of Dec. This year, the CRA condescended to give us a little back. So generous of them.

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    I got mine in the mail a week ago. I have to do 4 of them for the family. Mr c's are easy, but mine and the cygnets are complicated, as most of our income is from investments, dividends and capital gains. That means I have to wait until I get all the T3s and T5s, many of which don't arrive until early April/late March. And a lot of it is complex. I had to do a whole form for $1.38 in "foreign partnership income" for which I get a special tax form.

And after all that, the kids don't get anything back as they make less than the minimum amount, and I get a refund of about $50. Mr c should do fairly well, but mostly because of the kids' tuition and the fact that we saved up our charitable contributions for the past 3 years and had over $5000 on charity receipts. They do add up. But his envelope was heavy!
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    I did mine towards the end of February because I thought I might need some extra in the RRSP. Didn't, and got my cheque in the mail 11 days later. Was quite impressed! Not as much as previous years, but better than paying.

vCash
    I actually got my refund today - for once a decent amount that actually made it worth while filling out.

vCash
    Got my refund! Slightly higher than what I had calculated. CRA is so nice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    I actually got my refund today
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Got my refund!
    Me three! First time I've done my own taxes (used to get my parents' accountant to do it, but he was getting slower and slower at it every year), and first time I've filed online. Easy as pie. My return was unfortunately much lower than I had originally anticipated, since I hadn't realized my company wasn't taking enough off my paychecks, but a big RRSP contribution saved me from having to owe anything.

Now that I know how to file online, I imagine I'll just keep doing it myself unless I have a really complicated year.

vCash
    I handled mine early and was delighted to owe less than I anticipated.

I always do them early because I'm self-employed and have to keep track of and calculate so many expenses. I do my book-keeping in June and December and spread the process out over a period of weeks to minimize the torture.

The paperwork is really a burden, and I hate that the new year's receipts start piling up before the previous year's has been filed away. Fortunately, this means I'm always finished early.

vCash
    What's a refund?

vCash
    Well, they pro-rated mine against the number of days I lived in BC last year, and I got almost nothing Once converted into £ and with banking fees here, I'll be happy if I get one portion of fish&chips out of it (

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    I got mine.... 4 figure amount.. but I'd rather not live below poverty line haha
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway