Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Not everyone calls 911 at the drop of a hat, nor does everyone have time too especially when confronted by a stranger. Trayvon may have been as big as an adult but he had the mind of a 17 year old kid not an adult who can think rationally yet.
    Why do you assume Trayvon to be so immature? Did you know him?
    Trayvon was the one ‘standing his ground’ and got shot.

Zimmerman is nothing but a bully with a gun.
    OK then. Case closed. Trial is cancelled.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Why do you assume Trayvon to be so immature? Did you know him?
    Have you raised teens?

vCash
    Marijuana THC blood levels were the subject of extensive debate in Colorado this legislative season with a proposed bill that set a standard for impairment. From what I read of the testimony and debate, there just isn't much good evidence about what level of blood THC impairs driving (and presumably, judgment) and the bill died. Given that testimony, I'm not sure that Martin's autopsy showing low levels of THC in his blood means a whole lot.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Have you raised teens?
    I was one. And incidentally, since you are questioning me: I was followed once by a threatening individual when I was 16. Guess what I did?

Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Marijuana THC blood levels were the subject of extensive debate in Colorado this legislative season with a proposed bill that set a standard for impairment. From what I read of the testimony and debate, there just isn't much good evidence about what level of blood THC impairs driving (and presumably, judgment) and the bill died. Given that testimony, I'm not sure that Martin's autopsy showing low levels of THC in his blood means a whole lot.
    Some expert or other said that the amount found in his blood would not have affected his behavior. It's a non-factor and is irrelevant.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Are you seriously suggesting that one can't have a bad trip on marijuana??? Wow.
    I have known a boatload of potheads & I have never heard of anyone having a bad trip on marijuana. I've known people to totally zone out or get the munchies but I've never seen anyone have a personality change or become belligerent. And if the medical examiner says that the amt found would not have had any bearing on Martin's behavior then that sounds reasonable to me.

I'm not sure that GZ's injuries actually happened during the fracas with Martin. Someone in his family may have beat him up to make him look more convincing. Or maybe one of the police on the scene was a friend. All I know is everything that happened after the shot smells like a coverup to me.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    And not one has ever mentioned marijuana-induced paranoia? Again, not that it was a factor in this case as mentioned, but really?

Yes, munches and zoning out are common but a paranoid state isn't that rare either.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I was one.
    Then you know first hand that a kid of seventeen years and 21 days doesn't think the same way as a grown adult.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Then you know first hand that a kid of seventeen years and 21 days doesn't think the same way as a grown adult of 40.
    Since you insist on talking about me, which is hardly relevant but OK: I know what I thought and did in a similar situation. I called 911.
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post

I'm not sure that GZ's injuries actually happened during the fracas with Martin. Someone in his family may have beat him up to make him look more convincing. Or maybe one of the police on the scene was a friend. All I know is everything that happened after the shot smells like a coverup to me.
    It's not impossible but would be hard to prove in court without evidence.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I know what I thought and did in a similar situation. I called 911.
    I'm sure the situations couldn't be more different. And I'm sure you weren't shot.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I'm sure the situations couldn't be more different. And I'm sure you weren't shot.
    What else are you sure about? You have an unusual amount of certainty when it comes to pretty much everything, what happened to me, what happened between Trayvon and George Z, what Trayvon was thinking when Z was following him.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Since you insist on talking about me, which is hardly relevant but OK: I know what I thought and did in a similar situation. I called 911. Five year olds have been known to call 911 in emergencies. Reminds me--have to repeat this to my own son.

It's not impossible but would be hard to prove in court without evidence.
    Since you changed your quote, I'll answer you again, you mentioned you were in a similar situation, not me.

Trayvon was stalked and then confronted by someone, there was a scuffle and then he was shot. I doubt a 5 year old would call 911, I probably wouldn't be able to get my phone out of my purse. No two situations are the same as I've said before.

vCash
    What else are you sure about? You have an unusual amount of certainty when it comes to pretty much everything, what happened to me, what happened between Trayvon and George Z, what Trayvon was thinking when Z was following him.
    I'm sorry you were confronted by a 28 year old man when you were and unarmed 17 year old. I'm sorry you had a fight and got shot. If that is in fact what happened.

I am certain you didn't die...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Since you changed your quote, I'll answer you again, you mentioned you were in a similar situation, not me.
    You did ask ME if I'd raised a teen. Not sure what it has to do with anything.

I'm sorry you were confronted by a 28 year old man when you were and unarmed 17 year old. I'm sorry you had a fight and got shot. If that is in fact what happened.
    I thought you were sure about what happened...I was an unarmed 16 year old, btw.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    You did ask ME if I'd raised a teen. Not sure what it has to do with anything.
    You have to raise one to understand. If you don't then I can't help you. Being one isn't enough.

vCash
    I thought you were sure about what happened...I was an unarmed 16 year old, btw.
    So then the situation you and Trayvon were in were in fact NOT SIMILAR! the rest was right

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    So then the situation you and Trayvon were in were in fact NOT SIMILAR! the rest was right
    Because of the age difference? OK, because since you've raised teens, you know all about the fundamental and insurmountable difference between 16- and 17- year olds. Do tell me more about what happened.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Also, teenagers - especially minorities do not immediately call the police.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Also, teenagers - especially minorities do not immediately call the police.
    Are you stereotyping Trayvon?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Also, the shot was fired at a very close range, again suggesting struggle. None of this supports that Trayvon was standing.
    This is what the autopsy report states: "The wound is consistent with a wound of entrance of intermediate range."

Gunshot wounds are typically classified as contact wounds, near-contact wounds, intermediate wounds, and distant wounds. Intermediate means being or occurring at the middle place, stage, or degree between extremes...which does support Trayvon standing. Trayvon being shot while on top of Zimmerman banging his head in the ground would have resulted in a contact or near-contact wound.

And again, the autopsy report says that witnesses saw Trayvon fall to the ground after being shot. One doesn't fall to the ground if already on the ground in a struggle.

vCash
    Because of the age difference? OK, because since you've raised teens, you know all about the fundamental and insurmountable difference between 16- and 17- year olds. Do tell me more about what happened.
    So were you confronted and beat up by a 28 year old? If that's not too personal, since you did say you were in a similar situation as Trayvon and did have the fore site call 911 at 16.

And no, the major difference is between how most 17 year olds react and 28 year olds. The outcome may have been very different if Zimmerman had confronted Trayvon's father and not the son. Maybe the exact same thing would have happened. Maybe it would have ended in a shouting match.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast