Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I don't know. I've never shot someone and so cannot speak to a person's state of mind and their planning/reasoning capabilities after such an event. A lot of people may come unglued. Or may be he is normally an unreasonable person. Hasn't any medical professional here released a patient AMA?

I recall having an ear infection and the ER doc recommended that I follow up with an ENT. I blew that off. And I never took the antibiotics he Rxed.

Trying to make a case of him as an indication of anything for not seeing another doc isn't going to fly. The medical record needs to be checked out and verified.
    In regards to your question about AMA release - no, but I know that they do happen.

If you weren't going to follow the directions of the ER physician, why did you go in the first place?

I wasn't saying that he should or should not be convicted based upon the refusal to see another doctor, I am just saying that if I had been involved in a shooting, I think I would want to have any and all injuries documented. But then that's just me. And that I find it suspicious that the medical record comes out now with no indication that it existed before this or that he even saw his own physician the next day. Only that he refused treatment at the scene.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    In regards to your question about AMA release - no, but I know that they do happen.

If you weren't going to follow the directions of the ER physician, why did you go in the first place?
    I wanted to know what was going on--the pain was rather intense, sudden onset. Once he confirmed otitis media, I took an NSAID, a decongestant and felt better. Since it was unlikely to have been a bacterial infection and it resolved completely, I saw no reason for antibiotics and ENT follow-up. I don't recommend this to others but patients are non-compliant all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I wasn't saying that he should or should not be convicted based upon the refusal to see another doctor, I am just saying that if I had been involved in a shooting, I think I would want to have any and all injuries documented. But then that's just me. And that I find it suspicious that the medical record comes out now with no indication that it existed before this or that he even saw his own physician the next day. Only that he refused treatment at the scene.
    I am not sure why people think that he should have acted the way they would have. He doesn't sound like your everyday reasonable person to begin with. Plus how do people know they would have the presence of mind to act a certain way. I am wondering if I would have, personally.

But like you, I do wonder why the report wasn't made available sooner. I have been mentioning a medical report ever since this happened.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 05-17-2012 at 05:04 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    The thing is, the guy has a history of changing his story. So that makes any medical records that suddenly show up after months of not being mentioned suspicious.

But, in the end, it doesn't really matter to me. As I said at the time, IMO, he started it by stalking an innocent teenager. That puts him at fault and makes a mockery of any claims of self-defense.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    But it's not just Zimmerman--a doctor is putting his/her license and reputation on the line, being fully aware how significant this testimony and medical record is and how deeply probed it would be.

As to the assault--should the medical record check out, the physical attack on Zimmerman would be confirmed. I would say it would change things.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    It doesn't change things for me because Zimmerman still started it. If he was "afraid" it was because of a situation he caused. It might make a difference in the eyes of the law but not everything that is legal is right or just.

Also, he's still claiming he thought Trayvon had a gun when Skittles and bottles of ice tea look nothing like a gun. So the fact that he thought this boy had a gun shows that he was biased against him because of his skin color IMO.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    There is discussion that the judge may make a determination of "self defense" as a "matter of law".
    If so, there will be no trial.
    That's probably why the defense is pushing GZ's injuries to the forefront at the moment.

They'd like the case to "disappear".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    They'd like the case to "disappear".
    I doubt the case will disappear anytime in the next 2 decades.

vCash
    I hope you are correct.
    However, the defense is really working toward the other outcome.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    ABC News is now reporting that Trayvon Martin had marijuana in his system that night.

ABC News Article

The autopsy also shows that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between 1 inch and 18 inches away, bolstering Zimmerman's claim that he shot Martin during a struggle that landed Zimmerman on his back, Martin straddling him and banging Zimmerman's head on the ground.
    In addition,

Martin's autopsy report also revealed that there was a quarter-inch by half-inch abrasion on the left fourth finger of Martin, another indication of a possible struggle. The teen, who lived in Miami, was in Sanford while serving a suspension for a bag of marijuana being discovered in his possession.
    Last edited by Cyn; 05-17-2012 at 11:18 PM.

vCash

vCash
    The fact that there was marijuana in his system cannot be relevant to this. It is just a character issue that the defense may bring up.

If there was really a struggle, GZ will still have to prove that it was serious enough for him to fear for his life.

What's really wrong with the whole thing is that this self appointed 'guard' was carrying a gun, and he chased down the boy. Trayvon was fighting for his life too, it's just that he is not alive to prove it.

Looks like GZ will escape without any sentence, being given the benefit of doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    . But the question is when did Zimmerman get his bruises?

I would see many doctors but as soon as the injuries occur, especially since he wants everyone to believe that his life was in danger.
    If GZ was so scared for his life that he had to shoot the teen, his injuries need to be consistent with that. If he refused medical treatment in an ER, I would say the injuries were minor, and there was no reason for him to fear for his life. JMO of course.

vCash
    IMO, a lot of this shows the problems created for Zimmerman as well as for others by the police simply taking his word for things instead of properly investigating the matter. If the matter had been investigated and the medical evidence disclosed during a proper investigation, there would be much less confusion, disbelief, doubts about its credibility, etc, as opposed to the current posture (disclosure during the defense of criminal charges)

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    If GZ was so scared for his life that he had to shoot the teen, his injuries need to be consistent with that. If he refused medical treatment in an ER, I would say the injuries were minor, and there was no reason for him to fear for his life. JMO of course.
    You don't get to say whether the injuries were minor--the evaluating physician does.

from Speedy Death

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    ...in the end, it doesn't really matter to me. As I said at the time, IMO, he started it by stalking an innocent teenager. That puts him at fault and makes a mockery of any claims of self-defense.
    Your post reminded me of a Whoopi Goldberg bit. I tried to find it on youtube, but couldn't. Anyway, the bit was about Jessica Hahn and Bill Clinton. It went something like:

He ravished me and ravished me, then he left the room for hours and when he came back he did it again. When he came back? *****, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    It doesn't change things for me because Zimmerman still started it. If he was "afraid" it was because of a situation he caused...
    I agree with your use of quotation marks in regards to Zimmerman being afraid. A truly scared person would have gone home as quickly as possible, locked all their doors and windows and then called the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    ABC News is now reporting that Trayvon Martin had marijuana in his system that night.
    Ohmigosh...marijuana is known to make people hyper and aggressive, right???
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Marijuana is known to make people paranoid if they are having a bad trip.

from Speedy Death

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Would you call having some stranger follow you with a loaded gun a bad trip?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Would you call having some stranger follow you with a loaded gun a bad trip?
    Did Trayvon know Zimmerman had a loaded gun? And picked a fight with a guy who was packing????

Why didn't Trayvon call 911 to say that some strange guy is following him?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    The article says he had THC and the family said it was "trace amounts." Depending on whether it was THC or a THC-byproduct, that could mean he smoked within a week of his death. Sometimes THC (not the byproduct) can stay in the blood for as much as 24 hours.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Trace amounts may also be explained by just being around others smoking marijuana, I would guess. If he was high at the time of his death, I would think he would have more than just trace amounts. I am not an expert in the matter, though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast