Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    GZ stalked him when the police clearly told him to stop. To me, GZ's at fault.
    I agree with everything except "clearly."

I don't think "We don't need you to do that" is a clear directive to stop doing it. In the heat of the moment, I'm not surprised Zimmermann ignored it. Dismayed, but not surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    This just appeared on the CNN website:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1
    So it seems that Trayvon's "suspicious behavior" that caused Zimmerman to follow him and call the police was "casually" walking in the rain. I guess if he had been concerned about getting wet, he might still be alive.
    Zimmerman said in the audio interviews that he was driving to the grocery store that evening when he saw Martin walking in his neighborhood. He said he pulled over and called a police nonemergency number "to report a suspicious person."

He noted that there had been some burglaries in the area, prompting him to start a neighborhood watch program. He said he had never seen Martin before and thought it odd that although it was raining, "he was just walking casually, not like he was trying to get out of the rain."
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    In released phone calls, this is one of the things said between the two as tens of thousands of dollars raised online was pouring in:

"After this, ... you're going to be able to just have a great life," Shellie Zimmerman said.

"We will," replies her husband.

Kill an unarmed kid, have a great life afterwards.
    Are people donating specifically to Zimmerman's court case? Or is an account where Zimmerman can use the money in whatever way he wants? If it's the latter and the case is dropped, does anyone have any idea how much money Zimmerman will end up with?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    GZ had a new bond hearing, and the judge upped it to one million dollars. The judge said GZ was attempting to flee, making reference to the extra passport and hidden money. The judge said the only thing that thwarted GZ's plans was the electronic bracelet. In addition to the higher bond amount, other conditions were placed as well.

The judge cited GZ's previous run-ins with the law to say he had a goid understanding of the system, and thus his deceptions were intentional. Very strong language from the judge.
    A Florida judge said George Zimmerman was a flight risk and set bond at $1 million on Thursday..."This court finds that circumstances indicate that the defendant was preparing to flee to avoid prosecution, but such plans were thwarted," said Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester, who credited an electronic ankle bracelet with blocking Zimmerman's plans.

...The judge imposed numerous restrictions. He said that if released from jail again, Zimmerman must submit to electronic monitoring, remain in Seminole County, stay away from the Orlando-Sanford International Airport, refrain from applying for a passport or opening or maintaining a bank account, avoid alcohol and obey a curfew from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.

..."We have to do some very intentional fundraising to help the defense fund and to help George because he's not getting out without a lot more fundraising," O'Mara said.

...Ben Crump, the lawyer for Martin's family, said the judge sent a strong message.. "Money and a passport are the essential elements to flee. The judge saw this like everybody else in America saw it."

...The judge's order... cited the prosecutor's contention that Zimmerman's "stories changed with each retelling." It also said the strength of evidence against Zimmerman was irrelevant to whether he should be awarded bond after misleading the court about his finances.

"Under any definition, the defendant has flaunted the system," the judge wrote.

The judge said O'Mara had attempted to portray Zimmerman as a confused young man who "experienced a moment of weakness" and may have acted out of a sense of betrayal by the justice system.

"This court finds the opposite. The defendant has tried to manipulate the system when he has been presented the opportunity to do so," the judge wrote.

He noted that Zimmerman had previously been arrested and completed a pretrial diversion program after a fight with a state alcohol agent, had filed for and been the subject of court-ordered domestic injunctions and had taken courses in criminal justice.

The judge said Zimmerman had a "very sophisticated knowledge of the criminal justice system over and above that of the average law-abiding citizen."
    http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/bo...tl=us&.lang=en

vCash
    Looks like he made bail again:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

I wonder if some of the stuff indicating potential flight (passport, etc.) can be used as evidence of "consciousness of guilt" at his trial.

vCash
    It certainly should throw some doubt on parts of his defense that depend only on his own testimony.

vCash
    Judge Lester doesn't trust GZ.
    Nor would anyone who read his statement before allowing bail.

vCash
    GZ will get off scot free, it will be a 9 day's wonder, & then we'll all forget about it until the next time. Except GZ will be living off other people's donations.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Yeah, that would be the most sickening thing of all, if Zimmerman not only gets off with no punishment whatsoever but also walks away with hundred of thousands of dollars. I know his lawyer bills will be high but money will only continue to pour in as the trial gets nearer. There are plenty of racist bigots out there who would donate money to him.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Yeah, that would be the most sickening thing of all, if Zimmerman not only gets off with no punishment whatsoever but also walks away with hundred of thousands of dollars. I know his lawyer bills will be high but money will only continue to pour in as the trial gets nearer. There are plenty of racist bigots out there who would donate money to him.
    I just can't comprehend giving this man money or considering him somehow heroic. Even if you feel that what he did was self-defense and within the bounds of the law, how can you translate it into a heroic act?

Although, I fear you answered my question in the part of your post I bolded.

vCash
    I live in southeast Louisiana and you would not believe the things I have heard. Many times I have overheard conversations between people saying they are glad Zimmerman shot that kid dead and they wish it would happen more often, etc. etc. It is sickening and I am leaving out certain words and language which I would never repeat. Those are the type of people I imagine would donate money to Zimmerman.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    There are people who will make sure that GZ has no financial worries after the case is over, I'm certain.
    There seem to be many people who believe that Trayvon brought this upon himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I live in southeast Louisiana and you would not believe the things I have heard. Many times I have overheard conversations between people saying they are glad Zimmerman shot that kid dead and they wish it would happen more often, etc. etc. It is sickening and I am leaving out certain words and language which I would never repeat. Those are the type of people I imagine would donate money to Zimmerman.
    Someone on my FB newsfeed posted about how he'd donated to GZ and how we all should, including the phrase " The Kel-Tec PF-9: if it was good enough for Trayvon Martin, it's good enough for YOU!" It is so sickening. I understand being for gun rights, but there's a limit to that. And this is a masters educated engineer from New Jersey.

vCash
    My normally sane gun freak friends ( well, as sane as one can be while being a gun freak) have totally lost their shit over this case. They, at least, don't have racist motivations, but they do seem to think that any criticism of GZ is a threat to their 2nd Amendment rights.

vCash
    I see a lot of posts at the news websites that call Martin a thug who was high on drugs, and attacked the wrong guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    There are people who will make sure that GZ has no financial worries after the case is over, I'm certain.
    There seem to be many people who believe that Trayvon brought this upon himself.
    Yes, the inbred morons who think his walking down the street in a predominately white neighborhood "brought it on himself".

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Yes, the inbred morons who think his walking down the street in a predominately white neighborhood "brought it on himself".
    It was when Trayvon chose to arm himself with Skittles that I was taken over by fear.

vCash
    It's the can of iced tea that really struck fear in my heart.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    It's the can of iced tea that really struck fear in my heart.
    Can of iced tea... < ior > an assault rifle? Discuss amongst yourselves.

vCash
    Iced tea = being high on caffeine = deadly force must be taken to stop him

God forbid you send your child walking down the street with chocolate in hand.
    -Brian

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast