Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Trayvon Martin - Thread #2

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...n-defense-fund

Judge wants answers about $200,000 'Real George Zimmerman' defense fund

George Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the Trayvon Martin shooting, received a $150,000 bond after his family claimed meager means. What the court wasn't told was that Zimmerman had $204,000 in a PayPal account

Ben Crump, the Martin family’s attorney, said Thursday that Zimmerman’s decision to withhold information about his defense fund from his lawyer and the court suggests a character issue that could effect the case. “The lying has begun,” Mr. Crump told CNN.

vCash
    Reportedly, $150,000 of the money remains. $5,000 was used in making the bond (the rest came from a loan secured from a family home) and the rest was used on living expenses! Nearly $50K spent in less than 2 months on living expenses!!

This should make Zimmerman supporters happy, knowing their boy has been living well as he awaits trial.

vCash
    You can get a bail bond for as little as 5% down, althought 10% is more common. Consequently, if you have an $150,000 bail bond to meet, you require not more than $15,000 to secure it, and if you go to Phoenix Bail bonds, they claim they will do it for $7,500.

vCash
    I hope that the contributors to the fund don't come to regret "investing" in George Zimmerman.

vCash
    Well : actually I hope they do come to regret it.

What are they endorsing? Random stalking of people just walking along the street, even when it leads to a death?

Even if GZ is innocent under SYG, actions like his are not something I want to see more of.

Better that they should regret it.

vCash
    What are they endorsing? Random stalking of people just walking along the street, even when it leads to a death?
    I'm afraid that they really want the "freedom" to use their guns without restraint.

vCash
    Yes, sad to say, I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Reportedly, $150,000 of the money remains. $5,000 was used in making the bond (the rest came from a loan secured from a family home) and the rest was used on living expenses! Nearly $50K spent in less than 2 months on living expenses!!

This should make Zimmerman supporters happy, knowing their boy has been living well as he awaits trial.
    That amount probably went to security/bodygaurds. With illegal bounties on his head, he must have spent a fortune on that. Plus, he's probably gotten security for his mom and dad, too. I'm actually surprised he has spent so little in two months.

-Bridget

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    That amount probably went to security/bodygaurds. With illegal bounties on his head, he must have spent a fortune on that. Plus, he's probably gotten security for his mom and dad, too. I'm actually surprised he has spent so little in two months.
    I'm sure.

With the rehabilitation of Zimmerman's reputation in full force, his attorney would have informed the press that "a fortune" has been spent on security for Zimmerman and his family if that were the case. I wouldn't be surprised if we later learn of a new car and hotel suites.

Sounds like Zimmerman kept both his lawyer and his family in the dark about the amount of money. The lawyer acknowledged just finding out about the money, and that he believed Zimmerman was broke. And, though Zimmerman had raised more than enough money from the contributions to pay the full 10% of the bond, he allowed his family to secure a loan to pay $10,000 of it. Or, the family knew all along and secured the loan in order to continue the 'meager means' deceit.

vCash
    The more we find out about GZ's character, the worse it gets.

vCash
    Wonder how much a list of donors would go for on the black market?

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    "I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft [expletive] wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!"

Oh, but according to his lawyer, his words are not terrible and he used no racial slurs! Oh, and on top of that, he's Hispanic! Surely a Hispanic man has no prejudicial feelings towards Mexicans and blacks!

vCash
    "If Zimmerman's Internet presence is going to be reviewed then it would logically follow that so would Trayvon's, O'Mara said, and that could be problematic for the teenager's family."

There is just one problem with this argument. Trayvon didn't kill anyone, and he was just 17 years old, as against a 28 year old man. O'Mara is an example of why I dislike criminal attorneys. They have no integrity. They will defend their client, knowing that he/she was guilty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    "If Zimmerman's Internet presence is going to be reviewed then it would logically follow that so would Trayvon's, O'Mara said, and that could be problematic for the teenager's family."

There is just one problem with this argument. Trayvon didn't kill anyone, and he was just 17 years old, as against a 28 year old man. O'Mara is an example of why I dislike criminal attorneys. They have no integrity. They will defend their client, knowing that he/she was guilty.
    So if a lawyer thinks his or her client is guilty, the client shouldn't get a defense? What about requiring the government being required to prove a person guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? There is nothing unethical in forcing the government to prove its case and giving a person the best possible defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Wonder how much a list of donors would go for on the black market?
    Why? So Spike Lee and Roseanne Barrcan tweet these people's home addresses? So that the New Black Panther Party can put out more illegal and criminal bounties for their execution?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    So if a lawyer thinks his or her client is guilty, the client shouldn't get a defense? What about requiring the government being required to prove a person guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? There is nothing unethical in forcing the government to prove its case and giving a person the best possible defense.
    That's exactly how people like OJ Simpson go free. If the attorneys KNEW he was guilty but simply used their technical expertise to disprove the government's claim, that is unethical. It may be legal and it obviously was, but it is just wrong to let a guilty person go free.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    That's exactly how people like OJ Simpson go free. If the attorneys KNEW he was guilty but simply used their technical expertise to disprove the government's claim, that is unethical. It may be legal and it obviously was, but it is just wrong to let a guilty person go free.
    Wrong. Its the defense attorney's job to make the prosecution prove their case. Now a defense attorney can't knowingly put lies on the stand. So if they know the defendent is guilty they can't put the defendent on the stand. But they absolutely CAN point out weaknesses in the defense's case etc. Its their job to make the State prove their case, not play judge/juror for their client.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Wrong. Its the defense attorney's job to make the prosecution prove their case. Now a defense attorney can't knowingly put lies on the stand. So if they know the defendent is guilty they can't put the defendent on the stand. But they absolutely CAN point out weaknesses in the defense's case etc. Its their job to make the State prove their case, not play judge/juror for their client.
    Read my post again. I am talking about attorneys that KNEW the client was guilty and yet defended him. By your logic, the defendant is free to lie to the attorney, or tell the truth, but in either case it would be ethical for the attorney to defend him and tell lie in the court. I am talking about ethics and what is morally wrong, and not how the system works (IMO it sucks quite often).

vCash
    If an attorney agrees to represent a client, he is required to represent him to the best of his ability - even if he believes him to be guilty.
    One of the greatest things about the US system of justice is that the "burden of proof" rests with the State rather than the defense.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast