Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Seibert's work with AdaRipp sounds like a fascinating departure. From Angel Boy to Cool, Dapper Man -- and the Michael Giacchino music selections are apt.
    I think you nailed it. Heading into Sochi, it's important to break him out of the 'boy' or juniorish perception, especially in the judges eyes.

vCash
    ^^ Yes, perhaps. Can't wait to see the result. But at the same time, altho' it is important to challenge oneself and break out of familiar image mold, I see nothing wrong with Angel Boy's curls or boyishness. Just a fact that Adam is growing up and needs to take a more challenging approach to his skating. I'm all for him doing something that stretches him and helps him to stand out from the crowd. I don't think he expressly needs to lose all his curls (perhaps just some of the halo-like abundance and bounce ).

The manly, cool image is a fascinating cultural theme, especially for fs I suppose. I must say tho' that manly cool always has its downside, and always masks the sensitive side or hides the shell of the corrupted rake who has lost touch with his own humanity/ identity. Maybe some of these contrasting aspects will be brought out too in Seibert's choreo? There may be a lot of yin in figure skating, but yang must always balance yin (and vice versa). And yes, edgy to me is always the way to go, unpredictable over predictable.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-27-2012 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    Rumors say that Nichol is working with Daisuke only on his SP, while Pasquale will still be choreographing his LP. Can anyone confirm?
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

vCash
    ^^ I'd say Hurrah to that, if true!

Exactly who and how many skaters is Camerlengo working with this coming season? Seems like he will have his hands full with Plush (but for Plush to want to work with him, he is obviously seeking to tap more into his artistry). Perhaps Pasquale will complete work with Plush before the end of the summer.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    DUN DUN. DUN DUN. DUN DUN.

Could be awesomely dramatic. Dreamlike, even.
    I so hope he uses the DUN DUN.

I love the epicness of the trailer music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJqicM6x84. It has a beat for the ice dancers, right?

vCash
    ^^ Sounds like a great choice for Joubert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    From a 4/4/12 Icenetwork article:
    Abbott plans to compete one of his programs, a short to Big Band era swing music or a free to selections from Muse, next season.

"I don't know which, but I think it would benefit me to keep one of them for sure," he said."

This is rather disappointing to hear.

While I can see the benefits of keeping a program (saves time coming up with a new concept, and money choreographing two new numbers) I can't help but think it's a step back instead of a step forward. To tell you the truth unless you're a junior skater transitioning to seniors or a low ranked skater who can't afford two new programs it just seems lazy to recycle a program that now has a lot of mileage. He competed a full season with these two programs.

Maybe it's just me, but there're enough music selections and concepts out there for a million skaters.

I have two ideas for you Jeremy:

Short: A cowboy themed program to The Wings (Brokeback Mountain soundtrack)

Short: A superhero themed program to Captain America.(selections from the soundtrack) Jeremy would make the perfect Captain America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6If...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1C-6...feature=relmfu

or maybe a hip instrumental version to "Beauty in The World"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI5BA...feature=fvwrel (I'm sure it'll be easier for him to find the instrumental version)

vCash
    ^^ Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with Jeremy keeping one of his last season's programs. I'd prefer to see him keep Muse Redemption for exploring as an exhibition, and keeping his fun sp. I love Brokeback Mountain soundtrack, but I don't like "cowboy-theme." However, Jeremy could just skate to the beauty of the music without the necessity of interpreting a cowboy-theme, just a universal human theme re love and heartbreak.

Your Captain America selections/ suggestions sound promising for Jeremy.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing Jeremy keep Muse for another season. I loved his interpretation at Nationals, but I think he could take it to another level with a clean program.

vCash
    Weaver and Poje's SD Music is from The Sound of Music, in honour of andrew's grandmother, who passed away yesterday.

http://www.facebook.com/WeaverandPoj...50142813284991

vCash
    ^^ Condolences to Andrew and his family!

Best wishes to Kaitlyn and Andrew in the new season. (May your Oma's spirit be with you always, Andrew).

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting 2 article links from the Japanese news thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by nana7045 View Post
    Mao talked about her new programs today.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...003346210.html

According to the article, she made new SP and EX in Canada (with Lori), and will go to Russia to make new FS (must be Tarasova).

Mao said new SP and EX is "very fun" and "uplifting" like a musical

I got new information.
    As everyone expected (or worried?), Mao made SP&EX with Lori, and will make FS with Tarasova
    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00151.htm
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-28-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NarumiAyane View Post
    Weaver and Poje's SD Music is from The Sound of Music, in honour of andrew's grandmother, who passed away yesterday.

http://www.facebook.com/WeaverandPoj...50142813284991
    Vanessa Crone and her new partner chose the same theme. Piper Gillis and Paul Poirier will skate to Mary Poppins that's alot of Julie Andrews for the canadians...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    According to this Icenetwork.com article on Camerlengo working with Plushenko, Lori Nichol is choreographing Takahashi's programs this season.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Rumors say that Nichol is working with Daisuke only on his SP, while Pasquale will still be choreographing his LP. Can anyone confirm?
    I interpreted the sentence in the article linked above "(Takahashi is working on his 2012-13 programs with Lori Nichol.)" to mean that Camerlengo is not working with Takahashi this season (as of the time of his interview with IN), but we'll have to wait and see.

Also, I've heard that Jeremy Abbott still may be considering having 2 new programs next season (skaters change their minds all the time, as we know! ).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-28-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    @tuerush: According to "Pirouette" Miki will have SP choreographed by Stephane.
    Sounds good!
    When did he do the job, though?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    I have two ideas for you Jeremy:

Short: A cowboy themed program to The Wings (Brokeback Mountain soundtrack)
    Love that piece of music and I think his skating and the music would be devine together. Wish more skaters would look to music from Gustavo Santaolalla like the Motorcycle Diaries, 21 Grams, and so on.

The Wings from Brokeback Moutain
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEqIlRcwm5o

vCash
    Article about Nobunari Oda's new programs

http://www.nnn.co.jp/dainichi/rensai...120531057.html

SP : Ragtime Music (Choreo by Tom Dickson)
    FS : The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Dukas and Daphnis et Chloé by Ravel (Choreo by Lori Nichol)
    EX : New York, New York by Frank Sinatra (Choreo by Kenji Miyamoto)

Good luck Nobu

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nana7045 View Post
    Article about Nobunari Oda's new programs

FS : The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Dukas

vCash
    Ragtime should be fun
    Although nothing is going to make a difference until he learns how to count.

vCash
    The music choices actually sound perfect for Oda, especially the LP. Dare I get hopeful?

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast