Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Nichol, Daisuke? Really???
    ITA
    Although she is a COP ninja, she doesn't really make interesting programs. I wish that Daisuke would go back to Camerlengo. Blues for Klook was probably THE program of the year for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    ITA
    Although she is a COP ninja, she doesn't really make interesting programs. I wish that Daisuke would go back to Camerlengo. Blues for Klook was probably THE program of the year for me.
    She does, occasionally. Kostner's Free to "L'apres-midi d'un faune" and both last year's programs were very interesting, musical and innovative. Personally, I do not see Takahashi capable of generic programs at this point of his career, so I believe Lori will stretch her creative muscle and come up with something interesting. Or Takahashi will change it.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Noooooo! Anyone but Nichol Daisuke!! Arghfmfpdmk.

They better be Carolina-calibre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    Daisuke is so cool. I can't think of another skater of his calibre whom consistently seeks out new choreographers, different types of music, and new ways to express himself. EVERY single year. He seems to be an artist who is curious, which the best kinds of artists are. Just what a cool guy.
    Jeremy?? He's totally been into doing different stuff every year. I like that in a skater. (Well, unless said skater just doesn't have the chops to pull off the programs, which Jeremy pretty much always does.)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Nichol, Daisuke? Really???
    At least it's not an Olympic year.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    According to this blurb published on May 23 in L'Equipe, Brian Joubert's FS will be music from the Inception soundtrack, choreographed by Denkova and Staviski: http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/87782.html

Marissa Castelli (she and Simon Shnapir just returned from a choreography trip to Montreal last week) tweeted that they have a "tango" free skate.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    In Patrick Chan's thread, shutterbug sited (thanks!):

Patrick's Skate Canada bio has been updated: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Profile/ta...&strlanguage=E
    Choreographers listed are David Wilson and Jeff Buttle........

vCash
    wrong thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Lori Nichol is choreographing Takahashi's programs this season.
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!!!!

Although yes her work for Kostner has been good, so hopefully it's gonna be of this calibre.

Daisuke has incredible cat-like, movements. He's the perfect dancer. And he better be given something that makes use of that and not some empty snoozefest!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Adam's choices sound interesting. I really wish more skaters would take a look at Michael Giacchino's music. I've been a fan of his stuff for a long time.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I didn't think that Kostner's programs this year were very good. They weren't bad, but I hope that Lori will up her game for Daisuke.

vCash
    I'm glad about the Daisuke change. It's about time that Lori had quality skaters to work with other than Patrick. Good for the both of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Jeremy?? He's totally been into doing different stuff every year. I like that in a skater. (Well, unless said skater just doesn't have the chops to pull off the programs, which Jeremy pretty much always does.)
    Oh yeah. I can't believe I forgot about Jeremy. I love Jeremy. Excited to hear news on his new program(s?) for the coming year.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From a 4/4/12 Icenetwork article:
    Abbott plans to compete one of his programs, a short to Big Band era swing music or a free to selections from Muse, next season.

"I don't know which, but I think it would benefit me to keep one of them for sure," he said."
    Italy's Paul Parkinson tweeted today that he is in Toronto getting choreography from Jeff Buttle.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I won't worry about Daisuke and Nichol. That guy could do wonders with something like Chopsticks or Mary had a Little Lamb, or even skate around a speed skating oval and make it memorable.

vCash
    for Patrick working with Jeff next season! His exhibition that Jeff choreographed was miles better for him than anything he's done as a senior, IMHO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    for Patrick working with Jeff next season! His exhibition that Jeff choreographed was miles better for him than anything he's done as a senior, IMHO.
    Yeah, I might actually be able to watch him skate. He needs to be able to just skate, and not contort himself in 97384 ways to fit Nichol's flaily CoPeography and end up, you know, falling on footwork :| Has Jeffrey done any choreo for programs that aren't exhibitions yet?

As for Dai... sigh. I guess maybe he feels like he needs the extra point from here and there to have a chance at getting a gold medal ever? Meh. I'd give pretty much anything for this to happen, that said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    From a 4/4/12 Icenetwork article:

Italy's Paul Parkinson tweeted today that he is in Toronto getting choreography from Jeff Buttle.
    This is so beyond awesome. I have no more words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    ITA
    Oh, definitely, Blues for Klook, and Jeremy's Muse Redemption the top two programs of last season. Also Camerlengo's work for W&P and for AdaRipp, excellent! No mystery why Camerlengo won choreographer of the year award. (I also enjoyed Julie Marcotte's work in pairs).

I agree with dinakt's assessment re Lori Nichol -- she has done some interesting work at times, and sometimes she has seemed stretched too thin. Dai has only gotten better and better so I can't see him not wowing again next season. I hope he stays healthy.

Seibert's work with AdaRipp sounds like a fascinating departure. From Angel Boy to Cool, Dapper Man -- and the Michael Giacchino music selections are apt.

The thematic idea reminds me of my past suggestion for Tomas Verner to channel some of Steve McQueen's 1960s cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWQRjH-Ibbc lalo schifrin's Bullitt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    According to this blurb published on May 23 in L'Equipe, Brian Joubert's FS will be music from the Inception soundtrack, choreographed by Denkova and Staviski: http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/87782.html
    DUN DUN. DUN DUN. DUN DUN.

Could be awesomely dramatic. Dreamlike, even.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast