Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

vCash
    According to this article, Oleg Epstein is working with Marina Zoueva on choreography for team Canton. Marina has no coment on Meryl and Charlie's music.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    No Evan! NO!!! Don't you DARE touch Poeta get your own freakin music and leave this masterpiece to the Master. How dare you!!!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosietwo View Post
    Giselle for the SD is a bit of a puzzle. I can hum the entire score of Giselle and I'm darned if I can find a polka (the SD is a polka - the Yankee Polka - right?) There is one piece from Act 1 that if the tempo is altered and it's played a lot faster I suppose it could sort of, kinda sound like a polka. Really...I can't wait to see this one!
    Do you mean this one?:
    http://muzetunes.com/playback.mp3?f=...xi0_JkaHcuMbU=

This march could work for an alternate rhythm:
    http://muzetunes.com/playback.mp3?f=...R7IGh6iUdNBQw=

Also the gallop:
    http://muzetunes.com/playback.mp3?f=...xi0_JkaHcuMbU=

It's such a dancey score:
    http://muzetunes.com/playback.mp3?f=...PV0l0NaWbYj_A=

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adam-Giselle.../dp/B00002423S
    Act 2, No. 14
    Grand pas de deux (Andantino)
    Grand pas de deux (Valse)

The score for "Giselle" is almost always played too slowly as a big symphonic piece, often to accommodate big effect changes to the choreography. The tempi for almost all recordings would have to be adjusted.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Copying what I just posted in the D/W thread since it concerns music - I've heard from an extremely reliable source that Meryl and Charlie are not skating to Sinatra. There was an egregious miscommunication. They considered it as an option but quickly dismissed it in favor of a piece they've wanted to do forever. I'm sure we'll hear all about it during Champs Camp!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Copying what I just posted in the D/W thread since it concerns music - I've heard from an extremely reliable source that Meryl and Charlie are not skating to Sinatra. There was an egregious miscommunication. They considered it as an option but quickly dismissed it in favor of a piece they've wanted to do forever. I'm sure we'll hear all about it during Champs Camp!
    So my theory that USFSA leaked this to gather negative feedback to show them is still a possibility Maybe we´ll finally see La Strada
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    There is a ceiling cat!
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    So my theory that USFSA leaked this to gather negative feedback to show them is still a possibility Maybe we´ll finally see La Strada
    Not if they abandoned it early in the process in favor of something else. Champs camp is pretty close. Plus, guessing that USFSA would object to a Sinatra FD is really giving them too much credit, I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

American Ice Dance couple Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue with the flamenco floor dancer Timo Nunez
    So, H-D will skate flamenco in FD.
    A flamenco FD is going to terrible choice for them if they don't improve their stamina and sharpness. Last years FD became really sluggish by the halfway point, and something as sharp as a flamenco is only going to make it seem worse.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Maybe it was USFS that told the press that Shpilband was dumped at the request of D/W and the Shibs, too...
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Well, IN is pretty much a USFS subsidiary...

vCash
    THANK GOD FOR THAT! -

What a relief - and I can only hope it's true. One of the few American teams with a real potential for the dramatic - doing ballroom 2 seasons in a row - I need to sit down - Im feeling ill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    I'd love for them to do Giselle as their freedance, but with using the mad scene and the grand pas de deux.
    Oh yeah, girl.

A suggestion. I'd go all the way to Sendai to see them live if they were doing this.

vCash
    Deleted accidental double post
    Last edited by Tak; 08-11-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash

?

Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Not if they abandoned it early in the process in favor of something else. Champs camp is pretty close. Plus, guessing that USFSA would object to a Sinatra FD is really giving them too much credit, I think.
    TanithandBenFan said
    hey considered it as an option but quickly dismissed it in favor of a piece they've wanted to do forever.
    I just think it's odd if that were the case why did such a precise song list get handed into Icenetwork? Sylvia (and I get the impression she has her connections and knows of what she speaks) said here:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=709
    As I understand it, the U.S. team envelope skaters are responsible for submitting their program music directly to USFS for their Team USA bios (that are published on IceNetwork) so I'm how this "egregious miscommunication" occurred?
    Btw...they objected to Amelie and La Strada. If they didn´t like those I can totally see them not liking Strangers in the Night and the other song (Cheek to Cheek is fine but even then they might feel the whole vibe is too similar to things the Shibs and V&M did)

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Maybe it was USFS that told the press that Shpilband was dumped at the request of D/W and the Shibs, too...
    if your point is that sometimes the press gets it wrong fine but in light of what Sylvia wrote AND the fact they had a songlist (not just a general "Sinatra" for description) I don't see the similarity between the two situations.

At any rate we should know what they are skating to in a few short weeks. I´m still believing the Carmen rumour (unless that gets pulled due to C&L which is my main hesitation with this choice). I´m MOST excited to actually hear the Shibs music choice. Will Marina surpise us with this one!?
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Gabriella Papadakis &Guillame Cizeron FRA
    SD Blues, Swing
    FD Pink Floyd medley

vCash
    Maybe the Sinatra medley is their exhibition and someone at IN mistakenly listed it for their free dance?

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_WYUweymzE

Gilles/Poirier Free Dance

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    THANK GOD FOR THAT! -

What a relief - and I can only hope it's true. One of the few American teams with a real potential for the dramatic - doing ballroom 2 seasons in a row - I need to sit down - Im feeling ill.
    I don't like the "wanted to do forever" part.
    Last time it was said, we ended up with "Phantom"
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    I don't like the "wanted to do forever" part.
    Last time it was said, we ended up with "Phantom"
    Exactly.

Or was Phantom the "we listened to hundreds of CDs and ended up with PotO"... still, scary.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Thought I should contribute to the polka theme :
    http://pics.livejournal.com/jfboyd/pic/0027312e/

I think this is pretty much what is going to happen to us all by the end of the season.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast