Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    From the most recent Sarah and Drew Blog [May 8, 2012]:
    Wesley Campbell skated a version of his new "Bolero" short program at the end of a long day that started with coaching in New Hampshire, continued with a drive to Kingston, Mass., for one show and finished with a hasty trip back to Boxborough for the Colonial show.
    Campbell said he's still trying to decide between two different pieces for his new free skate; he plans to compete at Liberty this summer.
    I posted a video link to Wesley Campbell's new "Bolero" SP as performed at this past weekend's Colonial FSC show in the Club & Benefit Shows thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...7&postcount=42
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-10-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanako_Murakami

Tarasova did it again. I think that Tatiana is really great with the short programs to be honest. SP's are loaded with tricks which tat is great at. Her free skates are not the best which as an ice dance coach shocks me. They are usually very end to end skating. I do agree that Mao has a good recipe with TAT for short and Lori for long.
    That wiki information is not correct.
    Kanako's SP was made by her coach Mihoko Higuchi.
    Tarasova made SP for Kanako last summer, but Kanako did not skate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post

I can honestly say it was the first good competitive program TAT's ever done for Mao (IMO, anyway).
    I don't know, I thought the "Ladies in Lavender" SP was really nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    I love that SP!! so glad Caroline is keeping it for another season
    Nice. That's a signature program, glad she is keeping it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I'm glad people are starting to look at Morricone scores beyond the obvious Cinema Paradiso/The Mission. I look forward to seeing what they'll do with it
    Morricone has an astounding library of film scores. Many styles in one composer.

Almost can't go wrong with him. "L'Arena" was a strong SP for a gorgeous US pair a few years ago - cannot recall names, they won the national title but had trouble with injuries.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viennese View Post
    Almost can't go wrong with him [Ennio Morricone]. "L'Arena" was a strong SP for a gorgeous US pair a few years ago - cannot recall names, they won the national title but had trouble with injuries.
    Brooke Castile and Ben Okolski - it was their SP in the 2007-08 season.

International Figure Skating's Facebook page mentioned last week that "Daisuke Murakami and Kiira Korpi are also in Toronto this week working on new programs."

Artur Gachinski and Liza Tuktamysheva are scheduled to fly to Canada on May 13 to have programs choreographed by David Wilson in Toronto - link to the earlier thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83478
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW_ebEHmia0 (U2's instrumental version)

Richard must like the music and the song, perhaps. There isn't a lot of variation in the music, so the choreography will be make or break. It's his first choice of music so obviously he's trying it out and it's still early -- the new season is months away. Of course his selection is not your typical music for skating, but unless you've seen Richard's choreo and practices, or understand why he made the choice, why judge so harshly? In any case, we don't know which instrumental version he's chosen. I wish Richard fun, luck, success in the new season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeDqRhM09w With or Without You lyrics
    I'm wondering if he'll use the Vitamin String Quartet version. I think it's .
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Vanessa Crone and her new partner Nikolaj Sorensen will skate to " The Sound of music" for the Short dance.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cronevanessa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frisette70 View Post
    Vanessa Crone and her new partner Nikolaj Sorensen will skate to " The Sound of music" for the Short dance.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cronevanessa
    I wonder which song.. it's polka.. 'The Lonely Goatherd?' I liked the Duschesnays' 1992 OSP to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    Oda needs to find his style like SOON!!! I can’t say I know who he is as an artist. As a technician he’s quite defined. I’ve heard interviews where Lori has put the ball back in the court of a skater when they give her the description of what they want to skate like by asking who THEY are. It could be a good thing. I sure hope so because the Seb. Brittain numbers were not super with the exception of last years sp. I liked that.
    I adored his Charlie Chaplin program and think it really was his best program since Super Mario Bros. (lol, loved that one). Chaplin really worked for him.

Speaking of Charlie Chaplin, I want someone to skate to the score for the awesome silent film that is The Artist. Most specifically, to the music from the movie's big dance number. Lots of amazing music in the movie (hence the reason it won the Oscar for best score).

Dammit, whenever I go to that clip I have to rewatch it multiple times because I adore Jean Dujardin so damn much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I adored his Charlie Chaplin program and think it really was his best program since Super Mario Bros. (lol, loved that one). Chaplin really worked for him.

Speaking of Charlie Chaplin, I want someone to skate to the score for the awesome silent film that is The Artist. Most specifically, to the music from the movie's big dance number. Lots of amazing music in the movie (hence the reason it won the Oscar for best score).

Dammit, whenever I go to that clip I have to rewatch it multiple times because I adore Jean Dujardin so damn much.
    OMG yes. All of the music from that movie screams SKATE TO ME ♥__♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post

ITA. I love that soundtrack and when I listen to it I always imagine someone skating to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I'm wondering if he'll use the Vitamin String Quartet version. I think it's .
    Ohhh, that's Thanks for posting! Classical meets U2 Will be kickin' to see Ricky D skating to this, if indeed, this is the version he's selected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ToDBmcQ0w&feature=fvst

Lovely and interesting choice -- can't wait to see their skate

I listened to several (but not all) of the tracks form this Score on youtube, and this track -- The Legend of the Pianist -- seems like an obvious choice for them as well from Morricone's "The Legend of 1900" score.:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcofL...eature=related .

There's a lot going on with the score across different tracks... so it'll be very interesting to see what is peiced together for Paul/Islam. But the track above I can see really helping to showcase their line, stretch, and relationship to each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I posted a video link to Wesley Campbell's new "Bolero" SP as performed at this past weekend's Colonial FSC show in the Club & Benefit Shows thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...7&postcount=42
    There's a clearer - less obstructed - video of this program to date at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLefuG8LQC4 as well. Robert Mauti mentioned on facebook he created the program to meet the second week challenge of the "Young Artist Showcase" -- so this is in the choreography focused stage and not for competition -- but Wesley/coach liked it so much it will be worked into his IJS short program.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Rochelle, thanks for posting the link to Robert Mauti's YAS3 video tribute to Alvin Ailey (Wesley Campbell's "Bolero" SP) -- the link is cross-posted in the Young Artists Showcase thread in GSD (post #12).

Tiffany Vise ‏( @icetiff ) tweeted on May 13:
    So excited to be working with Phillip Mills this week on our new short program to the instrumental version "Open Arms" by Journey.
    I forgot to mention earlier that Richard Dornbush had tweeted on April 3, 2012:
    Choreography in Vancouver, I love it!
    I assume he was referring to his new SP choreographed to U2's "With Or Without You."

New interview titled "Creating programs: Hugo Chouinard talks music": http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    The name Hugo Chouinard is well known among skaters, coaches and choreographers. The focus of his work is an integral and important part of figure skating: the music. Musical design is not just a job for Chouinard; it is a real passion, one through which he has completely devoted himself to the sport of figure skating.
    Chouinard was involved in Weaver/Poje's "Je Suis Malade" FD, Daisuke Takahashi's short program, Virtue/Moir's "Funny Face" FD, and Takahashi/Tran's "Concerto de Québec" FS, among other programs.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-16-2012 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    Chouinard was involved in Weaver/Poje's "Je Suis Malade" FD, Daisuke Takahashi's short program, Virtue/Moir's "Funny Face" FD, and Takahashi/Tran's "Concerto de Québec" FS, among other programs.
    Any relation to Josee Chouinard?

vCash
    News from @dscclub - Seibert choreo-ing for @adaripp, Kozuka working w/Sato, Suzuki, Murakami, Imai training at DSC.
    From Sarah and Drew twitter

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Now that's an intriguing choice of choreographer for Rippon -- Michael Seibert is a former Stars on Ice tour choreographer and a 5-time U.S. National ice dance champion with Judy Blumberg.

ETA: @dscclub also tweeted today that Denney/Coughlin are visiting Detroit Skating Club this week to work with choreographer Pasquale Camerlengo.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-16-2012 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    Now that's an intriguing choice of choreographer for Rippon -- Michael Seibert is a former Stars on Ice tour choreographer and a 5-time U.S. National ice dance champion with Judy Blumberg.

ETA: @dscclub also tweeted today that Denney/Coughlin are visiting Detroit Skating Club this week to work with choreographer Pasquale Camerlengo.
    I shall go to spy...

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast