Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I posted this in the V/M thread, but I think it's relevant here as well:

This thought actually crossed my mind earlier, and now someone else has since posted the same idea elsewhere (on fanforum). What if Carmen isn't the FD but the SD?

There is apparently music from Carmen that will work with the beat/timing of the polka. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVtwS...eature=related

IMO, a Carmen SD is another thing entirely from a Carmen FD. The ridiculousness of skating a polka to Carmen would sort of be hilarious. At any rate, I'm far more tolerant of the idea Carmen for the SD than for the FD.
    Well it would allow Marina to reuse that cut of music that I associate with Gordeeva and Grinkov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    This particular music was written as a march. Isn't it a bit slow for polka? ( unless they have a speedier updated version)
    It doesn't sound too slow to me. It sounds like it's the same speed as the old Yankee Polka CD music.

vCash
    Nicholas Buckland has tweeted his and Penny Coomes' FD music: https://twitter.com/N_Buckland/statu...05933633806336
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I wish V/M would've done Carmen last year when I had to sit through Funny Face at all those GPF and 4CC practices. I wanted to puncture my ear drums with a toe pick.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Has any top dance team ever used music from Tommy by The Who?

Love Reign O'er Me would be epic, just saying
    Agreed, but isn't that from Quadrophenia, not Tommy? Now, a medley of "The Acid Queen/Pinball Wizard/Sensation" would be an amazing journey for the right team....

I'm so so sorry....

vCash
    D'oh!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I wish V/M would've done Carmen last year when I had to sit through Funny Face at all those GPF and 4CC practices. I wanted to puncture my ear drums with a toe pick.
    Should have just gone for a coffee break, then.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    So much for the risky avant-garde program people were hoping for for V/M this season...
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    I second that
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Guess I'll try again...

Has anyone heard anything about what Duhamel and Radford's programs/music are/is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I wonder why this source isn't telling us what Davis & White and the Shibs music is?

As for V&M, what an incredibly uninspired, unoriginal choice from the Olympic champs. I'm actually shocked that Marina would let them use it (then again I was shocked she let them do Funny Face too).

I wonder if Carmen was chosen for V&M before Igor left Camp Canton?
    There is no actual evidence that they are skating to Carmen as of yet, just a "rumor". V&M don't usually announce their music until mid-August.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    You are so lucky you got to see them skate in person. I would have loved that no matter how much I either hated or loved their programs. I would have loved to watch them skate FF over and over again. But then, I loved the program. Not as much as their OLY programs, but it was dance and I love watching real ice dancing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    There is no actual evidence that they are skating to Carmen as of yet, just a "rumor". V&M don't usually announce their music until mid-August.
    They didn't announce it yet. Someone claiming they know what they are skating to announced it on a formspring account. Seems Canton is loosing their ability to keep secrets

vCash
    As usual, Mao Asada's music choices are never leaked...

vCash
    V/M and C/L are both going to compete at Skate Canada, it's going to be an interesting competition...
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    I think V/M's Carmen sounds terrific. They might pull off something very different and innovative from the music and they have the ability for it.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I think V/M's Carmen sounds terrific. They might pull off something very different and innovative from the music and they have the ability for it.
    Yes, because Zueva is soooooo known for very different and innovative choreo
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Penny Coomes and Nick Buckland (GBR Dance) have revealed via Nick's Twitter account that they will be skating to Basement Jaxx vs. Metropole Orkest for their new FD.

Source: http://twitter.com/N_Buckland/status/225405933633806336

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDanceFan1 View Post
    Penny Coomes and Nick Buckland (GBR Dance) have revealed via Nick's Twitter account that they will be skating to Basement Jaxx vs. Metropole Orkest for their new FD.

Source: http://twitter.com/N_Buckland/status/225405933633806336
    Wow, this is going to be awesome! Basement Jaxx?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    You are so lucky you got to see them skate in person. I would have loved that no matter how much I either hated or loved their programs. I would have loved to watch them skate FF over and over again. But then, I loved the program. Not as much as their OLY programs, but it was dance and I love watching real ice dancing.
    I never get the disdain for the FF music - it's part of the Great American songbook, Gershwin is classic, S'Wonderful has been recorded by everyone from Brian Wilson to Diana Krall to Rod Stewart, and while Fred Astaire doesn't have the richest vocal instrument he's long been considered to have wonderful phrasing by the very people who composed the music/songs. I like it better than the vocals in UOC.

Also don't understand how anyone could possibly wonder about Tessa pulling off anything. She was brilliant in the yankee polka last time, she is brilliant at everything Latin from Farrucas to the Worlds fd of 2010 to the od in 2007. She was also good in the paso doble cd in 2009. I've also never thought of Tessa and Scott being avant garde in their music choices or innovative how fsu usually means innovative. They are about pure dance, not theatre. That's how they're innovative, because for a long time ice dance had become about some theatrical theme set to music. They broke away from that to emphasize dance, and are proud of it. The stuff fsu wants them to do is the stuff Virtue and Moir are proud of not doing or being, and a big reason I, personally, love them.

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast