Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I had forgotten about him

I guess, with Kozuka's jumping issues this season, the possibility of Oda beating him out for a spot on the world team next season can not be ruled out. But then again, now that both Kozuka and Hanyu have won World medals, it really makes Oda the odd one out.
    I think Oda will be fine- as long as he remembers how many triple toes he can do in one program!

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    I think Oda will be fine- as long as he remembers how many triple toes he can do in one program!
    He's screwed

vCash
    Oda needs to find his style like SOON!!! I can’t say I know who he is as an artist. As a technician he’s quite defined. I’ve heard interviews where Lori has put the ball back in the court of a skater when they give her the description of what they want to skate like by asking who THEY are. It could be a good thing. I sure hope so because the Seb. Brittain numbers were not super with the exception of last years sp. I liked that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nana7045 View Post
    According to his interview in April, Nobu's new programs will be choreographed by Tom Dickson (SP) and Lori Nichol (FS).

Dickson is the exciting choice!
    Then, Lori.....umm...

I got some new information about Japanese skaters.

Kanako Murakami will go to USA to make new SP and Ex in May(no information about the choreographer), and FS will be made by Zueva again.
    http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=507#507

Mao will make new Ex program with Lori in May, but not decided anything about the competition program so far
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...011-sanspo-spo
    Wonder when she will be in Canton. I will def stop by to spy. was there this week and it was pretty exciting. Zueva is in person so NOT the Diva she portrays. Super warm and genuinely appreciative of complements.

vCash
    After two years with David Wilson, Brian Joubert is reportedly planning to go back to DenStavs for his new programs - no word on music except it's not going to be The Matrix

Meanwhile, Florent Amodio is asking for music suggestions. Won't someone please think of the children and save us from another season of tackiness? I realize this is probably wishful thinking...

vCash

Anyway... Go Oda!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Meanwhile, Florent Amodio is asking for music suggestions. Won't someone please think of the children and save us from another season of tackiness? I realize this is probably wishful thinking...
    Most likely, "I'm Sexy and I Know It!" Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle,wiggle.....

vCash
    From this Takahashi/Tran article (May 6)
    In the meantime, the season is barely over and Takahashi and Tran have already begun preparations for the next one. Immediately after the World Team Trophy, they worked with choreographer Julie Marcotte on their new long program in Japan.

“We’ll tune it during the off-season,” said Tran. “We actually have most of the short done, too. It is pretty early, but it helps to know everything. We spend most of the off-season fine-tuning instead of making it up and then getting it ready really quick before the first summer competition.”

Tran is staying mum on the music choices for next season, however, he describes the short program as “down to earth-ish” and the long program as “theatrical.”
    Here's a recent interview with Julie Marcotte: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Marcotte: Creating new programs is a long process; it starts way before stepping on the ice. It is a vision, a flash that hits you! Once you are on the ice, it is all about making that vision come together.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Most likely, "I'm Sexy and I Know It!" Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle,wiggle.....

Sorry but I couldn't help it.

Tran is staying mum on the music choices for next season, however, he describes the short program as “down to earth-ish” and the long program as “theatrical.”
    Sounds like an interesting contrast. I approve.

vCash

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Caydee Denney/John Coughlin (USA)
    FS: Phantom of the Opera
    From this year's Turandor FS to next season's POTO. So original in their musical selections!

vCash
    Glad to hear Mao is working with Lori for her Ex. Lori seems to give some of her best work nowadays to Mao (and Carolina). Mao's Jupiter Ex was probably the best exhibition Lori has done since Michelle's Dante's Prayer...that's what it reminded me of. Stunningly beautiful program...

I'd like to see Lori do an LP for Mao as well. I love Liebstraume and I think it's Mao's best LP to date but after two seasons, it's time to move onto something else. I think the Mao + Lori combo can turn out another masterpiece. TAT did Mao's Sceherazade SP and I can honestly say it was the first good competitive program TAT's ever done for Mao (IMO, anyway). I liked the different take on the music and Mao had some nice performances of it. Hopefully if Mao goes back to TAT for her SP, TAT will come up with something good...we'll have to wait and see.

Who choreographed Kanako's SP? It was one of my favorites this season...Zueva again?

vCash
    Tweeted by Alexandra Paul ( @alexandrapaul_ ) today:
    "Check out "The Legend of 1900," a very interesting & unique movie. @mitchislam & I are skating to pieces from it for our FD this season! "

Ennio Morricone is the composer.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    "Check out "The Legend of 1900," a very interesting & unique movie. @mitchislam & I are skating to pieces from it for our FD this season! "

I loved the movie and the book!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_1900
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    This AND get better programs. His SP this season was just so-so and the costume was super distracting, and that jazzy Umbrellas FS was just a hot-mess of a program, not a good vehicle for him at all IMO. If Kozuka is on-form, he will definitely beat Oda, he is clearly superior, Oda only has a chance if Kozuka continues to falter IMO, unless Oda makes a big artistic breakthrough and starts doing quads in his SP on a regular basis. Even then, Kozuka is still better for me. I think Kozuka needs to take the 4t out of his SP though, unless his consistency on that jump has improved a lot. He needs to be trying it in the FS to be competitive, but he is a strong enough skater that leaving out of the SP shouldn't kill his chances. Falling on the 4t in the FS is not a big deal, but if he's going to be falling on it or URing/2ft-ing it in the SP, he's better off going for 3lz-3t and bank on a clean skate. Anyone else agree? Maybe things have changed, but I still feel like for a good skater like Kozuka, you need to try at least one quad in the FS, but doing one in the SP is not an absolute must, it's a plus if you can do it, but like Abbott, his 4t does not seem so consistent that he should be putting it in the SP.

vCash

I'm glad people are starting to look at Morricone scores beyond the obvious Cinema Paradiso/The Mission. I look forward to seeing what they'll do with it

vCash
    Tweeted by @RichardDornbush today (re. his new SP music):
    I'm skating to an instrumental of "With or Without You", U2, originally.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW_ebEHmia0 (U2's instrumental version)

Richard must like the music and the song, perhaps. There isn't a lot of variation in the music, so the choreography will be make or break. It's his first choice of music so obviously he's trying it out and it's still early -- the new season is months away. Of course his selection is not your typical music for skating, but unless you've seen Richard's choreo and practices, or understand why he made the choice, why judge so harshly? In any case, we don't know which instrumental version he's chosen. I wish Richard fun, luck, success in the new season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeDqRhM09w With or Without You lyrics

vCash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ToDBmcQ0w&feature=fvst

Lovely and interesting choice -- can't wait to see their skate

I think the odd note is in there because the song represents life, and although life is near perfect, there are a few imperfections in us all, and we should address them words from a youtube poster re this music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ToDBmcQ0w&feature=fvst

Lovely and interesting choice -- can't wait to see their skate
    Daisuke Takahashi had an exhibition program to this piece this season:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvV80UxcKcs

Maybe they'll choose something else? Or maybe they liked his program...

vCash

You like TAT more than you think

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post

Who choreographed Kanako's SP? It was one of my favorites this season...Zueva again?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanako_Murakami

Tarasova did it again. I think that Tatiana is really great with the short programs to be honest. SP's are loaded with tricks which tat is great at. Her free skates are not the best which as an ice dance coach shocks me. They are usually very end to end skating. I do agree that Mao has a good recipe with TAT for short and Lori for long.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    From the most recent Sarah and Drew Blog:

Wesley Campbell skated a version of his new "Bolero" short program at the end of a long day that started with coaching in New Hampshire, continued with a drive to Kingston, Mass., for one show and finished with a hasty trip back to Boxborough for the Colonial show.

Campbell said he's still trying to decide between two different pieces for his new free skate; he plans to compete at Liberty this summer.
    Last edited by Impromptu; 05-10-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: fix formatting

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast