Quote Originally Posted by chika3 View Post
    From Akiko Suzuki's blog...
    http://ameblo.jp/suzuki-akko/entry-11287647476.html

SP: Kill Bill(soundtrack) by Anjelika Krylova
    FS: "O" Cirque du soleil by Pasquale Camerlengo
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!

Akiko bringing the voids again!

vCash
    I can always count on Suzuki. I know she already had a "breakout" season in 2009-2010, but I need her to skate up to her full potential at Worlds because her skating is worth gold.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chika3 View Post
    From Akiko Suzuki's blog...
    http://ameblo.jp/suzuki-akko/entry-11287647476.html

SP: Kill Bill(soundtrack) by Anjelika Krylova
    FS: "O" Cirque du soleil by Pasquale Camerlengo
    So...how much longer until the season starts? I cannot wait to see this!!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Dennis Ten tweeted:

“@lambielnews: @Tenis_Den: "I'm so happy that @slambiel is feeling better!" http://ink361.com/#/photos/22443 …”

which is, I'm guessing, good news on the choreography front.

On a completely unrelated note, he also tweeted:

Maybe it's me but this "Ken" looks just like Alexei Yagudin. haha pic.twitter.com/S50jwgAO
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I am not expecting anything voidy from Suzuki, no matter what the music in the backround is. Her Burlesque show number was a great example of how you are supposed to skate to something voidy and different but end up doing boring choreo and generic program with a fake smile on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    I am not expecting anything voidy from Suzuki, no matter what the music in the backround is. Her Burlesque show number was a great example of how you are supposed to skate to something voidy and different but end up doing boring choreo and generic program with a fake smile on.
    If Suzuki's smile looks fake, I have no idea what a genuine smile looks like. What I like about her Burlesque is that she seems really comfortable with her healthy feminine body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I love that Plushy is using the choreographers from Takahashi, but not Chan... kinda like he and Mishin consider Takahashi the true best in the world.
    Ha...yeah I guess that's what we'd like to think....but...

More like...
    Plushy can't actually do Patrick's choreo.
    He and Dai have more similar styles; less in-between complex moves and more mugging for and playing to the audience using facial expressions and sexy dance moves.

Should work for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    More like...
    He and Dai have more similar styles; less in-between complex moves and more mugging for and playing to the audience using facial expressions and sexy dance moves.
    Yes, Plushenko and Takahashi are soooooo alike. Why is it that some Chan fans can't admit that other skaters are, you know, good?

Lori Nichol, in addition to working with Patrick Chan for many years, has also choreographed for plenty of skaters who couldn't do Chan's choreo, or Carolina Kostner's. A Nichol program for Plushenko would probably be a snoozefest, as many of her programs have been in recent years (I'd argue that Kostner gets her best efforts).

I think it's likely that Cherub is correct and Plushenko/Mishin recognize that Takahashi has worked with some great choreographers. Dai was Camerlengo's first high profile choreography client outside of ice dance, and Camerlengo has said himself that the programs he did for Dai are what got other skaters interested in working with him. You could also see how skaters reacted to Takahashi's LP at the WTT; clearly many of them are fans of his skating.

Miyamoto's work is fantastic and it's about time skaters outside Japan took notice.

vCash
    Do we know what Carolina is skating too yet ??????? Desperate to know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Dennis Ten tweeted:

“@lambielnews: @Tenis_Den: "I'm so happy that @slambiel is feeling better!" http://ink361.com/#/photos/22443 …”

which is, I'm guessing, good news on the choreography front.
    OT, but what was up with Stephane?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icenut84 View Post
    OT, but what was up with Stephane?
    Lambiel had an eye problem, so he had to cancel ice shows and stay at home for a while. I guess his choreographing work also had to be rescheduled to later dates.

Now he's recovered and can work again.

vCash

More like...

Should work for him.
    Comparing the content and artistry of Takahashi's programs with Plushenko's is just....ludicrous.

Takahashi's SP this season alone probably has more choreography than any of Plush's programs ever, plus zero sexy dance moves and OTT facial expressions.

vCash
    Ice dancers Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi went to Moscow twice to work with Ilia Averbukh but now are back in Oberstdorf. The new free dance has a “Zombie” theme and promises to be a lot of fun, according to the skaters. They also found an unusual Polka and Waltz for the short dance.

Cant wait to see this FD

Plushenko started working with new choreographer Kenji Miyamoto, a former Japanese ice dancer, on June 21 on a new long program to “Romeo and Juliet” by Nino Rota, using a different arrangement, but not the one Edvin Marton created for Tatiana Totmianina/Maxim Marinin. Choreographer Tom Dickson worked with Mishin’s other students including Tuktamisheva on skating skills. Artur Gachinski arrived a day later as he had his final exams at school.

http://www.figureskating-online.com/summertraining.html

vCash
    From latest IFS: Michal Březina will have new SP choreographed by Camerlengo and he will keep his LP for one more season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vodkashot View Post
    Comparing the content and artistry of Takahashi's programs with Plushenko's is just....ludicrous.

Takahashi's SP this season alone probably has more choreography than any of Plush's programs ever, plus zero sexy dance moves and OTT facial expressions.
    Agreed!

vCash
    Elizaveta Tuktamisheva:
    SP
    : still undecided, probably "The story of love"
    LP: Dark eyes

vCash
    More like...
    You mean Chan HAS choreo?! I thought he just did as many movements as possible while random music he had absolutely no connection to whatsoever played in the background!

I'd rather watch skaters who at least attempt to connect to the music than a skater who just packs in as many transitions/elements as possible while skating with all the feeling of a cold fish...

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Plushenko started working with new choreographer Kenji Miyamoto, a former Japanese ice dancer, on June 21 on a new long program to “Romeo and Juliet” by Nino Rota, using a different arrangement, but not the one Edvin Marton created for Tatiana Totmianina/Maxim Marinin. Choreographer Tom Dickson worked with Mishin’s other students including Tuktamisheva on skating skills. Artur Gachinski arrived a day later as he had his final exams at school.

http://www.figureskating-online.com/summertraining.html
    Ooooooooooh, this is sounding better all the time!

Hope Artur's exams went well. From what I've heard about his written Russian...well, I hope he passes, anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Miyamoto's work is fantastic and it's about time skaters outside Japan took notice.
    "The Eye" SP he did for Takahashi is my favourite Daisuke program. Both step sequences, especially the second one where he does that big "drunken" leap into it and then goes totally crazy nuts prove that you can both get levels and entertain.

Miyamoto used to compete in Ice Dance (trained with Zazoui & Hagenauer) and would always finish more or less dead last but he was always super voidy both on the ice and in the K&C.

I am not surprised he turned out to be an uber voidy, creative choreographer.

I really hope that more international skaters start to work with him now.

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Ice dancers Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi went to Moscow twice to work with Ilia Averbukh but now are back in Oberstdorf. The new free dance has a “Zombie” theme and promises to be a lot of fun, according to the skaters. They also found an unusual Polka and Waltz for the short dance.
    Two seasons ago, Zhiganshina/Gazsi showed really fun and creative programs and shot up the ranks.

Last season Staviski gave them really disappointing (in comparison) mediocre routines and they stagnated. I was very surprised by that, I expected Maxim to be much more creative. I guess sometimes even with a lot of good will things just don't work out for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    [B]Elizaveta Tuktamisheva:
    Oh come on...

She needs to develop her own style now and not skate to generic, everybody-and-their-mother-skated-to-it skating muzak. :/

Those new programs sound extremely promising (at least on paper) and I hope that they get them right back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    You mean Chan HAS choreo?! I thought he just did as many movements as possible while random music he had absolutely no connection to whatsoever played in the background!
    Chan does move to the beat the vast majority of the time, which can't be said for many other skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Elizaveta Tuktamisheva:
    SP
    : still undecided, probably "The story of love"
    She is also getting 2 new programs choreographed by Tom Dickson in Pinzolo, Italy, and will choose which ones to use later, according to this new article: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...66#post3609066
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

YEAH!
    vCash

More like...

Should work for him.
    Well that's a very nice compliment to Plush, but I would never call what Dai does just mugging; his programs are like one long footwork sequence. Chan has more variety in his choreo in terms of doing more lunges and leaps, but I will take Dai's musicality any day.

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast