Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    oh~Plushenko use Dai's choreographer,then he think Dai's the best

Dai said before he contact Lori,and still have possibility to work with her,then Dai think Chan is the best???╮(╯_╰)╭

and he come back to Morozov,he think Amodio is the best??o(╯□╰)o

you can't say these kind of things IMO

vCash
    Cross-posting this here in case anyone missed seeing it in the Japanese news thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Mao's interview in Hungarian: http://www.moksz.hu/moksz-h-frameset.htm (click on the A világbajnok magyar segítséggel szeretne ismét felérni a csúcsra)

Apparently, she came to Budapest to work with the choreographer Zoltán Nagy.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Cross-posting this here in case anyone missed seeing it in the Japanese news thread:
    Before anybody gets too excited, Mao's actual programs are still done by Lori and TAT (and were choreographed before Mao went to Hungary to work with Zoltan).
    Here's Mao's blog entry about her work with Lori & Tat (with cute photos featuring Mao & Lori wearing flower wreaths ade by them and TAT hugging Mao):
    http://maimao-asada.com/mao/private/2012/06/29/424/

As for Mao's work with Zoltan:
    - What led you to Budapest?
    I decided to come to Budapest to work with Zoltán Nagy, a ballet master, choreographer and physical trainer. I planned to work here for two weeks, but things were going so well I extended my stay by another week.

- Is it your first time in Budapest?
    Yes, I've never been here before. I love the city. I saw the Parliament, Heroes' Square, the castle, and the city lights during the night, but the most fun for me was the Opera House.
    Zoltan Nagy introduced me to the stage. I performed in a lot of venues, but I felt something wonderful there on the stage; the feeling of a huge audience, the sight of the beautiful lodges.

- How do you spend your days here? Did you buy some souvenirs?
    I live close to the Opera. Every morning I start working here. I do ballet, conditioning and strengthening workouts. Zoltán Nagy monitors my every step, he advises and helps me. In the afternoon I do ice dance workout and skate in the Training Hall. Then I rest a little and head back to the Opera.
    Of course, I have time for shopping as well. I bought some nice clothes.

- Can you tell us about the beginning of your career?
    I started skating when I was five years old. I followed my sister, who is 2 years older than me, everywhere. We did swimming, ballet and ice skating. Finally, we decided to concentrate on ice skating. Today my sister no longer competes, but she's here with me, and she helps me with everything.

- You won 2005 Junior World Championships, and two years later you were second among seniors. Then, you became a World Champion twice. During the 2010 Olympics you didn't manage to stand at the top of the podium. What are your feelings about that event now, two years later?
    In Vancouver for the first time I felt very sad during the announcement of results. It was very difficult because I worked very hard, but that is the nature of the sport; the Korean athlete was simply better than me.

- In the past two years, you placed only 6th in the World Championships, what do you think was the reason?
    I haven't neglected skating, but I grew a lot and the muscles in my body didn't adjust accordingly. That is why I chose Zoltan Nagy. I have heard many good things about his work. He worked with Torvill/Dean and Sallay/Regőczy; two great ice dance couples. They were the best at that time. I feel the coach and I work well together. We are facing a very important year and complex preparation is necessary. That is why I have stayed a week longer in Budapest, because every hour spent in this new environment helps me.

- It's two years until the Sochi Olympics. Do you plan to participate?
    Of course, I will continue my career until then. I want to stand for the highest level of the podium.

- And then?
    Right now I concentrate on the Sochi. What happens afterwards depends on the Olympics.

- A lot of Japanese skaters made it to the top recently. Is there some secret to the success of skating in Japan?
    There's no secret. When many people are working diligently eventually this will be the result.
    (According to Google translate & other online translators , the original interview linked by Sylvia. The final part of the interview left out due to online translators not making any sense at all )

vCash
    Oh so she's doing off-ice training and dance/ballet training with him. That makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mao Asada
    - A lot of Japanese skaters made it to the top recently. Is there some secret to the success of skating in Japan?
    There's no secret. When many people are working diligently eventually this will be the result.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    From latest IFS: Michal Březina will have new SP choreographed by Camerlengo and he will keep his LP for one more season.
    That "Untouchables"/Deadmau5 mish-mash? If he insists on keeping that monstrosity, I hope to hell he at least gets a less obnoxious costume.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post
    As for Mao's work with Zoltan:

(According to Google translate & other online translators , the original interview linked by Sylvia. The final part of the interview left out due to online translators not making any sense at all )
    Oh that was a Hungarian way of stating a request wrapped inside an invitation, that is posed as a question.

something like this (stuff in parenthesis is mine):

Shall we see you in our country again, and will lovers of figure skating also have the opportunity to admire you on the ice?

- That would depend on you... Later on I do plan to return to Budapest. If there are good (appropriate) competitions (or events?), then I would surely take to the ice if invited (to participate).

vCash
    Is Zoltan Nagy the choreographer who worked with Kimmie in Baltimore after 2009?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Thank you, sbanet!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Is Zoltan Nagy the choreographer who worked with Kimmie in Baltimore after 2009?
    No, Kimmie worked with Gyula Pandi:
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...,2593031.story

vCash
    thanks
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    sorry, if already been posted, but has Flatt announced anything about her programs?

vCash

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    That "Untouchables"/Deadmau5 mish-mash? If he insists on keeping that monstrosity, I hope to hell he at least gets a less obnoxious costume.
    I was thinking the same thing. I just dont get it. That program is so flat to me and Brezina does not even try and bring life to it. So far, his Kodo short program is my fav by him. The free skates that Pasquale does sometimes are not as choreography laden as i would like to see. This would be an example. The character in and of itself needs great performance skills in order to pull off...

vCash
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...d=181962471187

Pechalat and Bourzat to skate SD to Moulin Rouge!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Ugh, I hated the Moulin Rouge program Krylova & Camerlango did for W&P.

vCash
    I thought the SD theme was polka/march/waltz next season? Is there music in Moulin Rouge for that?

vCash
    They're teasing us , I think.... It says their theme is "Paris ,Paris" ,with a heart in the middle...They just happen to post an old print of THE Moulin Rouge..Maybe Can Can ? ( made famous at the Moulin Rouge ) or any French music of the era ? or maybe any music particularly inspired by Paris , and they used the MR shot just because it's a famous old Paris attraction ?

Apache ? ( Nathalie could keep her page boy and fabian would look fine in the ubiquitous striped T-shirt. )

Rascals.

vCash
    I just wanna know what Carolina is doing.... The suspense is killing me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    They're teasing us , I think.... It says their theme is "Paris ,Paris" ,with a heart in the middle...They just happen to post an old print of THE Moulin Rouge..Maybe Can Can ? ( made famous at the Moulin Rouge ) or any French music of the era ? or maybe any music particularly inspired by Paris , and they used the MR shot just because it's a famous old Paris attraction ?

Apache ? ( Nathalie could keep her page boy and fabian would look fine in the ubiquitous striped T-shirt. )

Rascals.
    I thought about Can Can too.

vCash
    Well, The Infernal Galop from Orpheus in the Underworld (Offenbach) is in 2/4 time, so it could be used (music most associated with the CanCan)

vCash
    This was posted over in the Russia thread:

Artur Gachinski's new LP (I'm not certain about the music?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhumcONIm4

Bear in mind that he only finished learning the choreo for it that day, apparently. I think it's a little slow, but it might get faster as he becomes more comfortable with the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    This was posted over in the Russia thread:

Artur Gachinski's new LP (I'm not certain about the music?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhumcONIm4

Bear in mind that he only finished learning the choreo for it that day, apparently. I think it's a little slow, but it might get faster as he becomes more comfortable with the program.
    Oh, it's the same muzak version of OneRepublic's "Secrets" that Davis/Ladwig is using for their SP.

I really did NOT see this one coming...the music alone is enough to throw out any possible Plush comparisons IMO. It seems a little empty right now, but I'm kind of excited to see him go in something that I would go in a not-typical-Russian-at-all direction.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast