Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Joshua Farris is keeping his Rachimanoff long program but getting a new short. No details on music for that one.

a;'erlfnb;alerbae;lbna;erlknjb a he replied to my tweet. And he said thank you. And put a cute little smiley. I am so officially his fangirl now.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Source is Joshua Farris' Twitter ( @joshDfarris ) :
    Thank you very much! I loved skating that program which is why I'm keeping it. I'm getting a new short and keeping my long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Source is Joshua Farris' Twitter ( @joshDfarris ) :
    When I saw he answered me, I squealed. Then I read the answer. And squealed again.

vCash
    Now that's an intriguing choice of choreographer for Rippon -- Michael Seibert is a former Stars on Ice tour choreographer and a 5-time U.S. National ice dance champion with Judy Blumberg.
    I've always liked his choreography. I'm excited to see what he'll come up with for Adam. I'd love it if Michael Seibert had a chance to choreograph for an ice dance team since that's his own genre.

I haven't heard any news about Seibert in a long time. Anyone know what he's been up to?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    I've always liked his choreography. I'm excited to see what he'll come up with for Adam. I'd love it if Michael Seibert had a chance to choreograph for an ice dance team since that's his own genre.

I haven't heard any news about Seibert in a long time. Anyone know what he's been up to?
    I googled him and came up with several Michael Seiberts: a German canoer, a voice-over artist, and a convicted killer. Not much on Michael Seibert, the figure skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Joshua Farris is keeping his Rachimanoff long program but getting a new short. No details on music for that one.

a;'erlfnb;alerbae;lbna;erlknjb a he replied to my tweet. And he said thank you. And put a cute little smiley. I am so officially his fangirl now.
    Haha, good to hear. The FS was a good vehicle for him and I'm looking forward to see what he can do with it with another season of mileage. Though I will miss that lovely SP of his! Any news regarding senior GP vs. JGP? I'm really curious as to what he and Jason will decide! If they are aiming for 2014, I would assume they'd be moving up, but you never know, especially with the rule changes and all.

vCash
    Michael Seibert & Judy Blumberg ice dancers.

should be your search (about 33,000 hits)

People have trouble spelling Michael's name (i before e...NOT in this case)

After his competitive skating career ended, Seibert became a well-known choreographer. He has choreographed for Stars on Ice and was assistant choreographer for Carmen on Ice.
    He also did choreo for Battle of the Blades
    http://www.cbc.ca/battle/choreographers.html

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    FYI, there are article and video links posted in the Michael Seibert thread started in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83667

New interview titled "Creating programs: Hugo Chouinard talks music": http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    The name Hugo Chouinard is well known among skaters, coaches and choreographers. The focus of his work is an integral and important part of figure skating: the music. Musical design is not just a job for Chouinard; it is a real passion, one through which he has completely devoted himself to the sport of figure skating.
    Chouinard was involved in Weaver/Poje's "Je Suis Malade" FD, Daisuke Takahashi's short program, Virtue/Moir's "Funny Face" FD, and Takahashi/Tran's "Concerto de Québec" FS, among other programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Any relation to Josee Chouinard?
    I don't think so.

Jonathan Cassar ( @Jonnaye05 ) tweeted on May 13:
    Booked my flight to Toronto!!! Can't wait for two new programs, had such a great time creating last years ["Pagliacci"] free.
    It sounds like he is going to work with David Wilson again. In late March, Wilson choreographed a Senior FS to Samuel Barber's "Cello Concerto in A minor" for Timothy Koleto (6th in Junior Men at 2012 US Nationals), as reported in Sarah and Drew's Inside Edge blog dated 4/11/12.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-17-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Haha, good to hear. The FS was a good vehicle for him and I'm looking forward to see what he can do with it with another season of mileage. Though I will miss that lovely SP of his! Any news regarding senior GP vs. JGP? I'm really curious as to what he and Jason will decide! If they are aiming for 2014, I would assume they'd be moving up, but you never know, especially with the rule changes and all.
    I wasn't game enough to ask about JGP/GP after he replied to the first one! I've asked him (today, so that I don't look like a creepy stalker ) about the SP music but I figure there's no point asking about the GP assignments since they come out on Monday anyway.

vCash
    Found this icenetwork article on Michael Seibert (http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news) that provides the answer to my question...

When Michael Seibert's longtime friend and collaborator Sandra Bezic asked him to be part of season one of Battle of the Blades, he hadn't been on skates in four years. The five-time U.S. ice dance champion, three-time world bronze medalist and two-time Olympian (with Judy Blumberg) had switched his focus from choreography to interior design,
    I hope working with Adam will lead him back into more choreography for competitive skaters. Blumberg and Seibert was one of my favorite ice dance teams back in the day.

Also, this one about starting his interior design career (http://www.interiordesign.net/articl...rt_Blooms.php#).
    Last edited by missysays; 05-18-2012 at 03:00 AM.

vCash
    FYI, there are article and video links posted in the Michael Seibert thread started in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83667

I don't think so.

Jonathan Cassar ( @Jonnaye05 ) tweeted on May 13:

It sounds like he is going to work with David Wilson again. In late March, Wilson choreographed a Senior FS to Samuel Barber's "Cello Concerto in A minor" for Timothy Koleto (6th in Junior Men at 2012 US Nationals), as reported in Sarah and Drew's Inside Edge blog dated 4/11/12.
    Johnathan and David, why do I instantly get the feeling that the program is gonna be very authentic with sensuality? XD

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Adam Rippon tweeted:

Just finished up the first long night of choreography on my new long program. Pretty cool working with Michael Seibert on this piece.
    Seibert designed costumes earlier in his career, including for him and Blumberg. There was a fluff piece about it during one of his competitions, I think on ABC.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    He also did choreo for Battle of the Blades
    http://www.cbc.ca/battle/choreographers.html
    Article about his work there:
    http://www.absoluteskating.com/artic...theblades.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Adam Rippon tweeted:

Seibert designed costumes earlier in his career, including for him and Blumberg. There was a fluff piece about it during one of his competitions, I think on ABC.
    Thanks!

One of things I like about Adam is that he keeps trying to find and adventure new style. Whether that style suits him or not does come into question, though

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Lynn Rutherford tweeted:

Which iconic TV character is Adam Rippon going to channel this season? Details @icenetwork story later.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Just posted the new Rippon article link in the US Men's news thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...12#post3576612
    Relevant FS music excerpt:
    [Choreographer Michael] Seibert came up with selections from Michael Giacchino's score, including "Life's Incredible Again" and "Saving Metroville."

"Adam needs something more competitive, bigger; it's all sort of the same texture I felt was lacking," he said. "So I was all over musically, from [Joe] Satriani on down, and I happened to stumble on this.

"I don't really want to use the [animated] movie title The Incredibles because we started with Mad Men, and then I found this piece of music, which is very jazz-age, a big horn section, very Don Draper-esque."
    ETA links to the 2 tracks cited in the article:
    "Life's Incredible Again": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij8Js3hyp60
    "Saving Metroville": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJikHkZ55_s
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-23-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Adam is so not Don Draper

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    According to this Icenetwork.com article on Camerlengo working with Plushenko, Lori Nichol is choreographing Takahashi's programs this season.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    According to this Icenetwork.com article on Camerlengo working with Plushenko, Lori Nichol is choreographing Takahashi's programs this season.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Nichol, Daisuke? Really???
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Daisuke is so cool. I can't think of another skater of his calibre whom consistently seeks out new choreographers, different types of music, and new ways to express himself. EVERY single year. He seems to be an artist who is curious, which the best kinds of artists are. Just what a cool guy.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast