Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Cheers to the happy couple! I hope they have a long wonderful life together!

vCash
    Many happy wishes to the newlyweds! I hope they enjoy many years of married life

vCash
    Congrats to Matt and his husband.

vCash
    Congratulations to Matt and Brian!

vCash
    Congratulations to Matt and Brian!

It's always nice to be reminded of Savoie, one of my favorite US men's skaters. I will always remember his superb Olympic skate.

vCash
    I'm so happy I could cry. I remember seeing Matt not once but twice at the hotel after Nats in 06 and professing my love for him (and his skating) lmao. He was gracious. I think I also saw him at Whole Foods and I was too shocked to say anything.

vCash
    Cross-posted from the Tom Dickson interviews thread. Thanks, Sylvia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Excerpt:

Q: You have worked with some of the best skaters in the U.S. and World over the years, including Yuna Kim, Jeremy Abbott, Matthew Savoie, Racheal Flatt, Vaughn Chipeur, Parker Pennington and countless others. Who was the most naturally talented skater you ever worked with? The most improved? The funniest?

A: I would have to say that Matt Savoie has to be the most naturally gifted skater I have worked with. His sense of personal expression, aesthetic form and artistry took time to bloom but he was so incredibly gifted physically. He landed the first triple axel he ever tried! He had knees that could do amazing things...like jump! Matt could use his knees like a grasshopper! Matt was also very limber and this enabled him to do many things physically that most men in skating simply cannot. He was and is innately intelligent and intellectual and these traits really helped him flourish in the latter years of his career, as he developed artistically.

vCash
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Tom spoke the truth!
    Matt's gifts are much missed.

vCash
    He was such a beautiful skater. Such great glide, smoothness, elegance, and passionate interpretation of the music. He was way undermarked but after awhile I almost didnt care as long as I got to see his beautiful skating many times over. Since he atleast stayed top 5 in the U.S and got to compete at alot of internationals I did.

It was great he finally made the Olympics and Worlds in his final ever season though. What a great way to go out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345