Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I'd love to see the article, also.
    A lifetime of happiness to Matt and his fiancee.
    Fiance. His name is Brian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Great article in the "Where Are They Now?" series in this month's USFS magazine. Matt reflects on his career, what it's taught him, and similarities to his work now (nervous anticipation). And he's getting married this fall (he and his fiance met at Cornell). Best wishes!
    The May issue of SKATING magazine isn't online yet, but should be available in the near future: http://www.usfsa.org/About.asp?id=467

Congratulations to Matt and Brian!

ETA link to this ISU educational video that used part of Savoie's 2006 Olympic FS to illustrate the purpose of choreography: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RCrYUskuss
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-14-2012 at 01:38 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia for posting that educational video. It was great to see Matt's The Mission used as an example of purposeful choreography, and also Sale & Pelletier's Love Story!

vCash
    I wish Matt had gotten the PCS marks he deserved while competing, could have made a big difference in his accomplishments, he deserved to win more medals in his career than he did IMO. His scores for good skates were almost always lowball, so much to admire about his skating. His 3a put Lysacek's to shame and his posture and flow was just wonderful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Fiance. His name is Brian.
    I wish them much happiness in the years ahead.

Sylvia, thanks for reminding me of the video.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    Yes, that article in May issue of Skating magazine is a great read. And he named SP at 2005 US Nats (the one that skatecat mentioned above) as his favorite program, saying that "I felt everything in that program felt the way it was supposed to feel."
    I can't wait to read the article (I'm always in the later half of receiving my Skating Magazine)!

I'm thrilled to learn that his 2005 Short Program is his favorite, as it is my favorite program of his and that particular Nationals performance was so thrilling to watch. I identify Bernstein's "Adagio for Strings" (that music) with his program to this day...

vCash
    Actually that was Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings. Loved Matt's program to that music.
    Jenny, in Almost Heaven, WV

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jennysk8oboe View Post
    Actually that was Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings. Loved Matt's program to that music.
    Doh . You're correct. The version on my iPod is of the New York Philharmonic performing it, lead by Bernstien... so his name is the one that's always popping up on the screen -- and not Barber.

vCash
    Awww, congrats to Matt on his engagement!

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I wish a world of happiness, peace, and love to Matt and Brian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I wish a world of happiness, peace, and love to Matt and Brian.

vCash
    Congratulations to Matt Savoie on his wedding earlier this month to fellow lawyer Brian! Link to article on IceNetwork: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Oooh, Matt's husband is cute! Congrats to both of them.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Sounds like it was a really lovely celebration!! Many happy years to them!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    A long and happy life to them!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Much happiness and success to them
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I had the pleasure of waiting on Matt when he came into my store in Boston. I recognized him but I couldn't believe it was him until I checked his card. I was ecstatic. I may have scared him because I was so excited but he seemed surprised I recognized him because he thought it was so long ago. He was very nice and good looking.

vCash
    Thanks for the article link, I hope Matt & his husband have a long & happy marriage.

vCash
    Congratulations to Matt and Brian! Thanks for posting the link, Sylvia. What a thoughtful approach they both took to planning their wedding. It must have been such a poignant, joyful, and lovingly intimate occasion. Great to see both Matt and his husband proud of their union and proud of living in a state that honors love and partnership between two human beings, regardless of gender and sexual identity.

Eeyora1, thanks for sharing that story about meeting Matt in your store. He's always seemed to be so modest and understated, but quietly confident in his abilities. Right, it really doesn't seem that long ago that Matt competed (wasn't 2006 Olympics his last season?). I'm certain the memory of Matt's great performances will remain in the hearts and minds of his fans for a very long time.

vCash
    Congrats to Matt & Brian! Wishing them many years of happiness!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast