Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Oh, boo hoo...

vCash
    It's a school sponsored event, so I think they are absolutely within their rights to have a dress code and expect students to dress appropriately. Whether the problem is indecent exposure or not, young people should learn there is an appropriate way to dress for certain places or occasions. Nearly every job/workplace has a dress code, most of which are much more specific than just prohibiting indecent exposure. It's not censorship, it's called following rules and appropriate expectations. Abiding by such rules is part of life, especially as an adult.

On a side note, I wish young girls would learn that you don't need to show an insane amount of skin in order to look "hot" or "sexy".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeO View Post
    It's a school sponsored event, so I think they are absolutely within their rights to have a dress code and expect students to dress appropriately. Whether the problem is indecent exposure or not, young people should learn there is an appropriate way to dress for certain places or occasions. Nearly every job/workplace has a dress code, most of which are much more specific than just prohibiting indecent exposure. It's not censorship, it's called following rules and appropriate expectations.
    Remember the whole "flip flops at the White House" fiasco a few years back? How can people not know that flip flops are not appropriate there? (Political flip flops OK; flip flops on your feet: no.)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ip-flops_x.htm

"But...but....these weren't any old flip flops....they had RHINESTONES on them." Oh, OK then!

vCash
    As far as creative prom dresses go, the cardboard box one is pretty awesome actually. She'd probably kick ass at some of the challenges on Project Runway, considering she's also made dresses out of Dorito's bags and pop can tabs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debbiety View Post
    These are people who are weeks away from graduating & going off to college or jobs or marriage, IOW adult life. Why should adults tell other adults how to dress? The crazy outfits aren't hurting anyone
    http://www.sencart.com/mermaid-sexy-...ss_p32306.html
    Because they aren't adults yet. Like my father used to say to me: when you have a job, and your own place and you are paying all of your own bills, THEN you can make the rules and do what you want. But until then...

And that dress you linked to the exactly the type of dress that should be worn. It's a lot more demure than the kind of dresses that are the subject of this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debbiety View Post
    The crazy outfits aren't hurting anyone
    http://www.sencart.com/mermaid-sexy-...ss_p32306.html
    I don't think of those dresses as crazy or inappropriate. What I do think is crazy are the prices of the dresses. But if the girl is working and able to pay for it, then I wouldn't object. Most of those dresses are more than my daughter in law paid for her wedding dress. It's no mystery how prom can cost upwards to $1,000 or more

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    So apparently, if we have dress codes for Prom, then people will never wear anything inappropriate to any other gathering. Good to know.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123