Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    phil and sky. jimmy very down on sky's 2nd song. says Phil lacks energy due to illness. thinks it was mistake to do dm. might mean trouble. sky bottom 3. but immediately sent to safety so its just elise and hollie.

vCash
    I sure hope Hollie stays in. She is getting good.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    elise gone

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    elise and anyone else who writes their own songs is probably better off going out early
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    If J-Lo having a seizure?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Thank goodness. I never thought Elise was a good fit for this show. She seems so old.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Well, now that the only pony I had in this race has been put down, I'm done for the season. I may tune in on results nights if only for the reason of seeing the Three Stooges' heads explode when Joshua or BBchezBot gets booted.

vCash
    Yuck - Elise is my favourite by a huge mile. I really hope she comes out with something. She is the only one I think I could listen to a lot of. This show seems so rigged. How come I never noticed it as much in past seasons? Maybe I am just too old for this show now.
    pug lover

vCash
    I know they haven't always had the judges save - but has anyone ever gone on to win Idol that was voted off and was saved by the judges? If Jessica does go on to win that seems a little odd to me - sort of favouritism or at least not entirely America's choice.
    pug lover

vCash
    I don't know what year they instituted the judges save - 3 or 4 seasons ago? After a season where an early judges favorite exited early.

They want a young malleable artist - Jessica and Joshua fit the bill.

vCash
    Elise was my favorite. Arg. I guess I have to cheer for Philip now, but I think he's toast next week or the week after.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Elise was my favorite. Arg. I guess I have to cheer for Philip now, but I think he's toast next week or the week after.
    yes - it will be P2, Hollie with Skylar, Jessica and Joshua left.
    My guess is Jessica will win. of those three I would want Skylar to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I always thought Jessica sounded EXACTLY like Jennifer Hudson (its uncanny, really) just with better technical skills. Joshua is a carbon copy of Fantasia. Idol is officially old enough to have contestants mimicking past contestants, lol
    I think Joshua screams a lot like Fantasia did, but I don't think his voice really sounds like hers. However, I do think that Jessica sounds a LOT like Jennifer Hudson.

I also think that there are other contestants who have shown less variety than Jessica and other contestants who are just as undeveloped and unconnected to their songs. I also don't understand the criticism about Jessica being happy to see her father. They bogth have difficult schedules, so I'm glad that she was able to see him before he was deployed again.

I doubt I'll ever buy a Jessica song because her tastes are so different than mine, but I think she's incredibly talented and comes across as a typical teenager. I think that she and Skylar have the best shots of having commercial success at some point, though Skylar's success in the U.S. might come sooner.

What is the record for most times in the bottom three. Have Elise or Hollie approached that record?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    What is the record for most times in the bottom three. Have Elise or Hollie approached that record?
    This is not official, but I'm pretty sure Nikki, Syesha, and Elise are tied right now at 5 bottom 3/2 appearances before the week they got eliminated. So 6 altogether if you count that week. Hollie is currently at 4......
    Last edited by haribobo; 04-27-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    elise and anyone else who writes their own songs is probably better off going out early
    Absolutely. Elise in particular. Its not like AI is going to put a band behind her and do a rock album. Even if they did, they'd make it cheesy.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    yes - it will be P2, Hollie with Skylar, Jessica and Joshua left.
    My guess is Jessica will win. of those three I would want Skylar to win.
    P2 has never been in the B2 has he? Everyone else has. With Colton gone, he's now getting the voters who vote for a cute guy regardless of performance. Maybe we are seeing a Scotty here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Absolutely. Elise in particular. Its not like AI is going to put a band behind her and do a rock album. Even if they did, they'd make it cheesy.
    How many times have we heard this argument? I hear it every year when someone talented gets eliminated too early. And it doesn't happen. Mostly we never hear of them again other than the Idol blogs that report stuff like Danny Gokey is playing the Chuckie Cheese in BFE. It was said last year about Pia..."oh she's so talented she will make it without winning Idol." But I haven't heard one peep from her, have any of you?

In the last 10 seasons we have heard thousands of good singers. How many have name recognition now? How many of those people did it without winning? Clay Aiken, Jennifer Hudson, Adam Lambert, & Daughtry, & to some extent Kellie Pinkler... it's only taken 6 yrs but Katherine McFee has finally had some success. Of the winners, only Kelly Clarkson & Carrie Underwood are really big....it's too early to tell about Scotty.

ETA: I quoted the wrong post.
    Last edited by taf2002; 04-27-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Of the winners, only Kelly Clarkson & Carrie Underwood are really big....it's too early to tell about Scotty.
    This is the point. Very few make it big.The music the winners have to put out stinks. Kelly had the type of big voice that might work for cheese pop, but she didn't really make it big for a couple of years. In particular, I don't think Elise's or Phillip's voices would work for cheese pop. So the only chance Elise might have is to take this publicity, do her own thing, and if it doesn't work, maybe she can at least sell some songs. Elise and Phillip have a better chance at being a Daughtry then they do at being a Kelly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Exactly. David Cook's first album was decent (5/10 songs were good), but his second album was awful.

I can't wait to hear what he does when he's finally out from under his AI contract. He'll probably never be a huge star, but I'm sure he can tour steadily and do music he loves.

vCash
    He'll probably never be a huge star, but I'm sure he can tour steadily and do music he loves.
    Many musicians would be delighted with that career scenario.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 04-27-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast