Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    I haven't heard a song from Jordan in several years. I don't think the same thing is going to happen to Scotty. I think that Ruben has been doing gospel recordings, which isn't a huge market. He's not my thing, but the big dude can sing.

It's a toss-up between Lee and Taylor for last place. I guess I'd give it to Lee. He seems to have just disappeared. And I did think he had a mild, but offputting personality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I haven't heard a song from Jordan in several years. I don't think the same thing is going to happen to Scotty. I think that Ruben has been doing gospel recordings, which isn't a huge market. He's not my thing, but the big dude can sing.

It's a toss-up between Lee and Taylor for last place. I guess I'd give it to Lee. He seems to have just disappeared. And I did think he had a mild, but offputting personality.
    It's been about two years since Jordin released a song, and her last successful one was back in 2009. But like I said, Jordin seems to be successfully branching out of music and getting some good modeling/acting/endorsement gigs. I think Scotty will probably surpass her in regards to music sales, but I'm not sure if he's had/will have as big a hit as Jordin's "No Air". Not sure since I don't follow his music. For now, I think Jordin will have an easier time being relevant to the mainstream public than Scotty, especially since she's dating Jason DeRulo, and she's also getting quite a bit of media attention for her recent weight loss. Jennifer Hudson was able to ride that train very nicely. The media always takes notice of a celebrity weight loss, and more endorsement offers start to come in.

I think for any AI contestant, if they are working in the entertainment industry, then that's considered a success for them. Kat McPhee hasn't been a success in regards to music sales, but she's is a successful working actress, even before "Smash" she was getting regular acting work. Jennifer Hudson has had a nice music career, but so far I think her acting/spokesmodel career seems to be just as, if not more successful.
    Last edited by Smiley0884; 05-01-2012 at 04:34 PM.

vCash
    As for Scotty, it seems that he is doing well. Platinum on his first album and won country's award for new artist. Not too shabby for his first year after idol. When he appeared on Idol, he was presented with the Platinum award.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Agree 100%, Taylor is working. Lee was dropped last year, and as far as I can determine, isn't even doing small venues.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567