Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    yoko71 on tumblr has translated a new Yuzuru interview http://yoko71.tumblr.com/tagged/yuzuru-hanyu

vCash
    Thank you! Do you know if the blogger was the one who conducted this interview with Hanyu in Japanese and then translated it? Or is there a link to the interview's original source?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    It's from a magazine but I'm not sure what it's called.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    yoko71 on tumblr has translated a new Yuzuru interview http://yoko71.tumblr.com/tagged/yuzuru-hanyu
    Thanks for this detailed interview. I did't know his ankle injury was this bad.

Too bad he didn't explain how the commute would work.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thank you! Do you know if the blogger was the one who conducted this interview with Hanyu in Japanese and then translated it? Or is there a link to the interview's original source?
    It's from a magazine but I'm not sure what it's called.
    It's from a sports magazine called "Number" (the May edition) and written by Takaomi Matsubara.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    It's from a sports magazine called "Number" (the May edition) and written by Takaomi Matsubara.
    Last night I asked the blogger about the source of the interview and this line was added later to the blog:
    Source: Number 803号 2012年5月10日発売 独占インタビュー 松原孝臣 文 羽生結弦「恩返しの旅は続く 」
    Thanks for translating it, allezfred (especially since I thought "Number" meant issue number!).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-11-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Thanks for translating it, allezfred (especially since I thought "Number" meant issue number!).
    Yes, it is a little confusing.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Thank you for the link. Only a small mention of his coaching change in Part 9.
    Seems like it was Hanyu's decision and Hanyu initiated the change to Orser.

vCash
    He DECIDED.

vCash
    The translation was terrific to read (thank you!). He sounds like a thoughtful and interesting young man. I look forward to watching him mature as a skater - he has a lot more to show us!
    Last edited by Willowway; 05-11-2012 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    He DECIDED.

vCash
    He DECIDED.
    You're crazy Sparks. Don't you know that he's merely a pawn of the Japanese Federation, IMG, and Orser Konspiracy?

vCash
    This is an interesting article and I am glad that it has been translated into English.

In the end, he never even talked about the sprained ankle during Nice 2012.

“I didn’t want to let people know about it. Some workers and media people saw me with the ice,
    but the team doctor and trainer covered up for me by telling them that the ice was for a preventive purpose.”

This episode - that he didn’t let anyone know about his injury
    - reflects his personality. He didn’t want to reveal his weakness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    You're crazy Sparks. Don't you know that he's merely a pawn of the Japanese Federation, IMG, and Orser Konspiracy?

vCash
    He DECIDED.
    Don't be so naive.

He's merely a puppet in the hands of the illuminati.

vCash
    The Glitterati, perhaps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Including ongoing attempt to influence results that has nothing to do with what goes on the ice. Yes it does ruin my enjoyment of the sport, which I'd like to think is based on fairplay.
    Why would you continue watching and following a sport if your enjoyment of it has been ruined?
    Last edited by Japanfan; 05-12-2012 at 08:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Why would you continue watching and following a sport if your enjoyment of it has been ruined?
    No one could answer that.

Are you ALWAYS happy with your life? or Figure skating?
    Never!

And os168,
    Its enough. The more you keep posting, the more you'd be bitten.
    What Orser can do currently in skating world is just coaching skaters and he nvr stopped it since 2007. If he is real good at it, we could enjoy his pupil's success and Orser's performances beside the boards written in Japanese again. That would be great enjoy to me.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Uh.. look i don't write to win popularity contests, too independent and progressive for it. Nobody like complainers or whiners ... I get it! But I also know too much than to trust an agency vetoed interview released 3 WEEKS after after a controversial hire, a calculated move with the sole purpose to wait and weigh in public opinions, so the spinning doctors get their time to prep the answers, set the tone, and address them all directly in order to put everything to rest once and for all. Could have script it myself. The fact is this interview still directly contradict what Hanyu says in his recent published book, he wanted to stay in Japan to train.

While it is easy to understand he might leave Abe for someone like Plushenko (Which Plushenko confirmed been approached with alot of $$$), what is more likely to happen is once the negotiation set in motion, the agent will leverage someone like Plushy to get Hanyu come round to the idea having a coach outside Japan and train out there. Once he meet them half way, the rest usually falls in place in the hands of a very capable agent.

Do you really think he is going to say "Actually I am not sure at first because I just love to stay with Abe and want to stay in Japan, but someone told me I don't have to worry about money or ice time anymore if I could just pick from a coach from abroad. I picked Plushy. He said no, Orser is the only other one on their list, so I decide Orser."

You also do realise the agency's role include media briefing all their talents before any major interviews likely with a pep talk or a check list or dos and do nots? What do you really think Hanyu is going to really say in his situation? Bite the hands that feeds him? That kid is too mature, thoughtful and responsible for something like this. (That is why he could be an amazing spokes person for this sport.)

In any case, what is done is done. Good luck Hanyu and Orser! No point looking back, be good to each other... you are still the No.1 OGM prince!

(Can someone please tell me which agency signed Hanyu and when? PM is fine.. Cheers!)
    Last edited by os168; 05-12-2012 at 02:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    While it is easy to understand he might leave Abe for someone like Plushenko (Which Plushenko confirmed been approached with alot of $$$), what is more likely to happen is once the negotiation set in motion, the agent will leverage someone like Plushy to get Hanyu come round to the idea having a coach outside Japan and train out there.
    This is so beyond anything to do with reality that it's laughable.
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast