vCash

Sandra Loosemore SkateWeb

What ever happened to Sandra Loosemore, who had the SkateWeb site. For years it was one of the few sites about skating. Her reviews were witty and fabulous and a pleasure to read.

Last time she updated the site was in 2010.

http://www.frogsonice.com/skateweb/

Title-less
    vCash
    I got the feeling that she isn't a fan of COP, and with probably other things in life going on, slowly loses interest in the sport.

Sad, I used to love her national reviews and her CBS writeups.
    Last edited by jlai; 04-25-2012 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    She posts every once in a while on Skatefans. And she's pretty cynical about skating today. Still a wealth of knowledge though.

vCash
    That was one great site. Easy access to anything and everything about skating, and designed by someone who really understood how the web worked and who made a website that loaded quickly and correctly on virtually any browser, free of all the annoying design features (blinking! red text on a black background! strange watermarks!) -- and hardly ever a dead link despite having many hundreds of links on the various pages.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Yes. It was GoldenSkate before GoldenSkate. The first place to go for all your skating resources and links.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash

The old days

I miss SkateWeb too - Sandra did an amazing job, but COP and the politics of it all did her in I think.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    That was one great site. Easy access to anything and everything about skating, and designed by someone who really understood how the web worked and who made a website that loaded quickly and correctly on virtually any browser, free of all the annoying design features (blinking! red text on a black background! strange watermarks!) -- and hardly ever a dead link despite having many hundreds of links on the various pages.
    I liked her site, too, and it was certainly a wealth of information.

Particularly before the advent of Youtube and streaming, where she would cover events personally, taking photographs and writing reviews.

It was a risk however, if you wanted to have your own site linked to hers, as she was very particularly about formatting. I loved Flash, especially for the drop down menus and forms, but she didn't like it or plug - ins of any kind. Maybe she foresaw iPad (LOL).

Anyway, her site is missed.

vCash
    I checked her user profile here and she hasn't posted since July 2011. That's well past the advent of IJS/COP so maybe she has just become interested in other things.

I agree her website was great.

vCash
    I checked her user profile here and she hasn't posted since July 2011. That's well past the advent of IJS/COP so maybe she has just become interested in other things.

I agree her website was great.

vCash

Sandra Loosemore

The last I heard she had moved to Colorado Springs. But what her current attachment is to skating, I don't know. Used her page all the time.

vCash
    I actually still use SkateWeb. A lot of the links for sites I go to all the time still work so it is still very convenient. I go back from time to time and read her reviews of past events.

I do think that the IJS and the secrecy in judging caused her to lose interest. She hasn't taken the site down, and I certainly appreciate it

vCash
    She was also a great photographer! I used Skateweb as my gateway to results before I joined fsuniverse.

If any of you haven't looked at her froggy skaters, you should. They are adorable! Reedeep!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    I actually still use SkateWeb. A lot of the links for sites I go to all the time still work so it is still very convenient. I go back from time to time and read her reviews of past events.

I do think that the IJS and the secrecy in judging caused her to lose interest. She hasn't taken the site down, and I certainly appreciate it
    This!

vCash
    Didn't she use to post under the screen name "dr.frog"? I miss her posts!

vCash
    That's correct. shine.

vCash
    If anyone knows how to reach her (at Skatefans?) it might be a nice idea to pass on a link to this thread so she knows how much she has been appreciated. I'm no longer a member there so I don't think they'll let me post.
    Suggestions?

vCash
    Here's a link to some of Loosemore's recent posts on SkateFans:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/SkateFans/messages