Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    They worked for four hours, so don't expect much of a change:
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120427/593826912.html
    Last edited by reut; 04-27-2012 at 09:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Thank you, I used google translate but I still don't understand very well the article.
    Plushenko says that it was nice to work with Lambiel, he is very professional, created a good program, it was different from what he skated before, but then he saw the final result and said: "We'll do tango". They still used there some of the ideas from Lambiel. (I didn't see anything there which might initially come from Lambiel, but Mishin loved to use Lambiel's name for his self-PR last season, so obviously they state that).
    Last edited by reut; 04-27-2012 at 09:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Plushenko says that it was nice to work with Lambiel, he is very professional, created a good program, it was different from what he skated before, but then he saw the final result and said: "We'll do tango". They still used there some of the ideas from Lambiel. (I didn't see anything there which might initially come from Lambiel, but Mishin loved to use Lambiel's name for his self-PR last season, so obviously they state that).
    It's indeed very different from what I've read in other articles, that Lambiel worked more with Artur and he only gave to Evgeni some piece of advice.
    Thanks for translating!

vCash
    Waiting to see programs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    It's indeed very different from what I've read in other articles, that Lambiel worked more with Artur and he only gave to Evgeni some piece of advice.
    Thanks for translating!
    You're welcome. There was also an article in "Le Matin" before "Art on Ice" (and before Euros) this winter where Lambiel confirmed this, saying that he worked on Plushenko's program in Italy and that he watched his performance from Russian Nationals and saw that some elements were left there.

I understand that he indeed worked more with Liza and Artur, not only on their programs but on musicality and expressiveness in general.

vCash
    I'm excited too! I hope Plushy will come up with something completely new. I've always thought he and Mishin were so much focusing on jums, that the boy didn't have time to develop his artistic side as much as he could have done. And I liked him much better at Euros than I usually did - really enjoyed his LP form the emotional side.

It's good that he is aware that he can still develop in areas like artistry and choreography.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    They worked for four hours, so don't expect much of a change:
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120427/593826912.html
    it's possible to a program in 4 hours?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calica View Post
    I imagine someone of Plushy's level and experience would be able to soak up choreo like a sham-wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calica View Post
    Wow, I didn't recognize this up to now. Off goes my hope that we might see something different and new. I think 4 hours is not enough even for a very experienced skater. Hope Camerlengo's name does not only serve as PR like others possibly did.

vCash
    It's not impossible to present ideas and suggestions in 4 hours and then have Plushenko skate and show it to Camerlengo via video and have discussions about it through phone or email or whatever. They are all really busy and you don't have to in the same place to critque.

vCash
    Question. I thought it was so odd the first time I saw Pasquale sit in the kiss and cry with a skater. Do you think he will sit with Plushenko after doing the programs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Hopefully, coming to this season rested and recovered, Plushy will be able to skate the program as given to him or with only fairly minor tweaks.
    Dream on.

Mishin will take all of the choreo out as usual.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Dream on.

Mishin will take all of the choreo out as usual.
    If he does I will be sad, because that means Plushy will be injured again, or sick.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Or Mishin being Mishin....
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    If he does I will be sad, because that means Plushy will be injured again, or sick.
    Was Andrei Lutai sick or injured when his Dickson programs were reduced to stroking into jumps?

vCash
    It has been reported that quite a few people in the audience at Sheffield were watching Plushenko and crying with joy and it sems the judges were conquered too because Plushenko holds the third highest freeskate score of the season, after Chan at 4CC and Takahashi at WTT if I am not mistaken, which is pretty impressive for a skater who had only competed at his Nationals prior to the European Championships. So why would Plushenko need Camerlengo to choreograph for him to begin with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    It has been reported that quite a few people in the audience at Sheffield were watching Plushenko and crying with joy and it sems the judges were conquered too because Plushenko holds the third highest freeskate score of the season, after Chan at 4CC and Takahashi at WTT if I am not mistaken, which is pretty impressive for a skater who had only competed at his Nationals prior to the European Championships. So why would Plushenko need Camerlengo to choreograph for him to begin with?
    Because he landed all his jumps in the SP in Vancouver and placed 3rd and then landed all his jumps in the FS too and placed 2nd.

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Because he landed all his jumps in the SP in Vancouver and placed 3rd and then landed all his jumps in the FS too and placed 2nd.
    In Vancouver, Plushenko was first in the short program by a fraction of a point.

YEAH!
    vCash
    He was first in the SP (not by much) and tied with Lysacek for PCS in the LP. He lost the gold medal due to his LP TES score.

With that said, of course, having higher PCS in either section could've nudged him to gold, and I fully support him trying to improve on that. Also, the gap between Plushenko and Chan on PCS is considered wider than that between Plushenko and Lysacek, who didn't have such great choreography himself.

But if I were Plushenko I would seriously be looking at jump layout too. He missed some basic things in Vancouver like a 3-jump combo. He could've won with very minor changes... I'm talking an extra 2toe and/or 2axel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    In Vancouver, Plushenko was first in the short program by a fraction of a point.
    Of course. Brain not functioning very well there.

What I meant:

He was behind both Lysacek and Takahashi (as well as Lambiel) on the PCS in the SP.

In the FS he was tied 3rd on the PCS (behind Lambiel and Takahashi) with Lysacek.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    But if I were Plushenko I would seriously be looking at jump layout too. He missed some basic things in Vancouver like a 3-jump combo. He could've won with very minor changes... I'm talking an extra 2toe and/or 2axel.
    He had very apparent stamina issues due to still not being in top shape.

He would have surely added more technical content, had he been capable of executing it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast