Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 80
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,769
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    15381
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The latter I would assume. She was quite injured at the time and was having enough trouble as it is landing the jumps on their own.

    BTW I brought up Kwan and Dean because it's exactly the same situation as Plushenko and that's why I am not holding my breath for this one either.
    Yes, but like Kwan and this program you mention, what happened with Plushenko and the Nijinsky program was just the same - injured, and getting worse through the season, meant they had to take out more and more of the choreography as the season went on.

    Hopefully, coming to this season rested and recovered, Plushy will be able to skate the program as given to him or with only fairly minor tweaks.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The latter I would assume. She was quite injured at the time and was having enough trouble as it is landing the jumps on their own.

    BTW I brought up Kwan and Dean because it's exactly the same situation as Plushenko and that's why I am not holding my breath for this one either.


    At that same competition (the one I referenced), both Dick and Peggy were talking about how she was doing 3/3's in the practice sessions, so how injured could she have been and if she was that injured, why would she be practicing 3/3's?.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,256
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't like Plushenko's style. So, if it's true, it's a good news. Anyone but his previous choreographer would be better.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,224
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    I don't like Plushenko's style. So, if it's true, it's a good news. Anyone but his previous choreographer would be better.
    I truly doubt that we will see a significant change of style from him. Skaters of Plushenko's age and experience usually have already developed their own individual style that doesn't change a lot with new choreography. There are some more versatile skaters who can do several different styles, but, even in those cases, something of their individual style shines through. And Plushenko is not one of those versatile skaters. So, just a little improvement will already be good.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I truly doubt that we will see a significant change of style from him. Skaters of Plushenko's age and experience usually have already developed their own individual style that doesn't change a lot with new choreography. There are some more versatile skaters who can do several different styles, but, even in those cases, something of their individual style shines through. And Plushenko is not one of those versatile skaters. So, just a little improvement will already be good.
    All he has to do is to keep his fans satisfied because they are the ones who will pay tickets to see him skating in shows when he retires (which will happen very, very soon). So I doubt that he wants to change radically his style.
    The programs will probably be a mix of his old style and some COP-friendly content.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    663
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Guys, just FYI, Pasquale Camerlengo did Akiko Suzuki's short program to Hungarian Rhapsody arranged by MARTON
    You saying that this is wrong then?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akiko_Suzuki

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,231
    vCash
    483
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    I'm more interested to see how much of Pasquale's choreography actually is performed by Plushenko.

    If he executes even a slight majority of what Pasquale lays out for him, we could see both a new side to his skating and an excellent use of is strengths. I genuinely can't wait to see what develops out of this, and I'm glad he's branching out.
    This is exactly what came across my mind.
    I hope Plushenko goes with what Pasquale puts together for him, because it could be extraordinary.

  8. #28
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Partying with the Skate Gods
    Posts
    39,964
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    17228
    PML that none of you think there is a well thought out reason behind Mishin's decision to go this route. 1. They want to win at Sochi. 2. They are well aware that Plushenko's weak points are the "transitions". 3. They are doing every thing they can to accomplish number 1. It's really quite simple actually.
    Kevin VDP brought up an interesting point in his last interview about being able to either do jumps well or do the other skating components well and not being able to do both. This seems to be true of most skaters. Some may squeak those jumps out on a good day, but they aren't consistent like Plushenko. What Camerlengo will be able to do for Plushenko is play to his strengths and try to lessen his weaknesses as much as possible. He'll give him choreo that will maximize his points. I doubt either Plushenko, Mishin or the Russian fed care one whit if fans rhapsodize over his gorgeous skating skills. They only care about how many points can he earn and how will that place him at the end of the night. They learned in 2010 what they need to do to win. Now, they just have to do it.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,837
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    PML that none of you think there is a well thought out reason behind Mishin's decision to go this route. 1. They want to win at Sochi. 2. They are well aware that Plushenko's weak points are the "transitions". 3. They are doing every thing they can to accomplish number 1. It's really quite simple actually.
    Kevin VDP brought up an interesting point in his last interview about being able to either do jumps well or do the other skating components well and not being able to do both. This seems to be true of most skaters. Some may squeak those jumps out on a good day, but they aren't consistent like Plushenko. What Camerlengo will be able to do for Plushenko is play to his strengths and try to lessen his weaknesses as much as possible. He'll give him choreo that will maximize his points. I doubt either Plushenko, Mishin or the Russian fed care one whit if fans rhapsodize over his gorgeous skating skills. They only care about how many points can he earn and how will that place him at the end of the night. They learned in 2010 what they need to do to win. Now, they just have to do it.
    I suspect using Camerlengo is also a test run for Sochi. By going with another choreographer this year, Team Plushenko can see how much he can improve his PCS without any real harm done before Sochi. I think the outcome of Plush's performances next year with Camerlengo's choreo will strongly impact how they prepare for the year following.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    sounds intersting.hope Plushenko will keep Pasquale's program in the end.last season seems he asked Lambiel to choreograph a program for him,but didn't use it at all.this time,hope he can do it.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    sounds intersting.hope Plushenko will keep Pasquale's program in the end.last season seems he asked Lambiel to choreograph a program for him,but didn't use it at all.this time,hope he can do it.
    No, Lambiel didn't do Plushenko's choreography last season. He helped him to improve some parts (choreography, stsq) of his programs, but the programs were made by his old choreographer, Advish.
    The program he didn't use at all, only in an exhibition, was Zhulin's program.

    Even we are excited or not about Camerlengo let's not forget that everything depends on Plushy's health.
    Good luck to Evgeni and to Pasquale.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I know Zhulin's thing,but I read another artical said lambiel made a program for him,but at the end they decide go back to Marton and his former chroegrapher.But I can't find it,maybe someone can remember it.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    I know Zhulin's thing,but I read another artical said lambiel made a program for him,but at the end they decide go back to Marton and his former chroegrapher.But I can't find it,maybe someone can remember it.
    Oh, I didn't know about Lambiel's program. In the articles I've read PLushy and Lambiel were talking about some advice to improve his programs.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    can't find the translation,but I find the original interview:
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/2382.html

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    can't find the translation,but I find the original interview:
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/2382.html
    Thank you, I used google translate but I still don't understand very well the article.

  16. #36
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,676
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5868
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    The program he didn't use at all, only in an exhibition, was Zhulin's program.
    Do you have a video of that program?

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Brussels
    Age
    27
    Posts
    680
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    680
    Plushenko strikes me as the type of skater that would take a choreography and ditch it. Perhaps keep the beginning and the ending, some hand gestures-he does love moving his arms around. I don't think he would spend much time trying to analyse any movement.I have a lot of respect for Carolina Kostner who, even though she isn't the most elegant skater, skates her programs the way they were choreographed. Plushenko's always seemed so empty and I don't think that will change whoever choreographs it.

    I hope I'm wrong because this does sound interesting.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Do you have a video of that program?
    Yes, he skated the program in Italy, at Gran Gala del Ghiaccio 2011.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOY-orR219E

    I hope he won't do the same with Camerlengo's program, because he has some shows in Italy this spring.
    Last edited by ciocio; 04-27-2012 at 08:43 AM.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Whatever Plushy skates to, it will a program of crossovers and jumps strung together by some crazy arm movements - finishing off with a footwork sequence where he throws his hair around wildly in an attempt to fool people that the past 4 minutes of choreography actually had substance....

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by apatinar View Post
    Whatever Plushy skates to, it will a program of crossovers and jumps strung together by some crazy arm movements - finishing off with a footwork sequence where he throws his hair around wildly in an attempt to fool people that the past 4 minutes of choreography actually had substance....
    So????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •