Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pasquale to choreograph Plushenko's program(s)

So I have heard around the rumor mill that Pasquale will be choreographing Plushenko's program(s) for next season. Not sure which one or if he's doing both. Just an interesting tidbit of information that may help him beat many of the other skaters.

vCash
    This news was mentioned in a Detroit Free Press article not too long ago -- link to the post in the earlier GSD thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...32#post3539732
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-24-2012 at 03:20 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    whatever the case, hope they don't use edvin marton ~~

isn't everyone sick of plushy and marton .....

vCash
    Wow, how many skaters will Camerlengo be choreographing for next season, I wonder?

It will be interesting to see what Camerlengo is able to do for Plushy who clearly is trying to tap the latent artistry he let go by the wayside during his reign as the King of Quads and judges' favorite.

vCash
    If this is true, good for Plushenko. I really admire his work ethic and am in awe of his persistence. It will be nice to see him try a different style of choreography.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    whatever the case, hope they don't use edvin marton ~~

isn't everyone sick of plushy and marton .....
    Like... i hope Martin gets some revelation that he's missed his calling as a monk or something so we dont have to hear him or his fiddle ever again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    Like... i hope Martin gets some revelation that he's missed his calling as a monk or something so we dont have to hear him or his fiddle ever again...
    Did you mean Marton?

vCash
    Hmm. I like this idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Did you mean Marton?
    No. Dean Martin.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Guys, just FYI, Pasquale Camerlengo did Akiko Suzuki's short program to Hungarian Rhapsody arranged by MARTON

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Guys, just FYI, Pasquale Camerlengo did Akiko Suzuki's short program to Hungarian Rhapsody arranged by MARTON
    Which was why I was wondering why I hate the music so much although I like her skating.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I'm more interested to see how much of Pasquale's choreography actually is performed by Plushenko.

If he executes even a slight majority of what Pasquale lays out for him, we could see both a new side to his skating and an excellent use of is strengths. I genuinely can't wait to see what develops out of this, and I'm glad he's branching out.

10 days. 2 programs. I wonder if he may work with any other students of Mishin. Elizaveta, perhaps? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Rochelle; 04-25-2012 at 03:08 AM.

vCash
    Camerlengo can choreographe Plushenko's program, this doesn't mean Plushenko will skate what Carmerlengo originally planned. He will just remove all the transitions and it will be a classic Plushenko program. Just look at what happened in 2004 with Nijinski. Far far from what the choreographer wanted. All his program after that were empty.
    Edit : just seen the post just above, telling the same thing.

vCash
    I am about as excited as when Kwan announced that Chris Dean would be choreographing her Bolero program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I am about as excited as when Kwan announced that Chris Dean would be choreographing her Bolero program.
    It was Christopher Dean's Waterloo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    It was Christopher Dean's Waterloo.
    Wow, I had no idea that was by Dean.... I always had the impression that it was by Morozov or something. At least that's how it looked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Wow, I had no idea that was by Dean.... I always had the impression that it was by Morozov or something. At least that's how it looked
    Exactly. The finished product must have been so different from the original product. In fact, Kwan didn't even skate it the same way all season.

vCash
    At one of the competitions, Dick Button bluntly said Kwan wasn't skating what Dean choreographed. How many dollars was that down the drain? I wonder if Michelle just didn't like it or couldn't skate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    At one of the competitions, Dick Button bluntly said Kwan wasn't skating what Dean choreographed. How many dollars was that down the drain? I wonder if Michelle just didn't like it or couldn't skate it.
    The latter I would assume. She was quite injured at the time and was having enough trouble as it is landing the jumps on their own.

BTW I brought up Kwan and Dean because it's exactly the same situation as Plushenko and that's why I am not holding my breath for this one either.

vCash
    OMG!!! I'm excited!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast