Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    I think it's sad that Roshon was bottom 2. That kid can dance!
    Yeah, really, the kind of had to save him--he shouldn't have been in the bottom in the first place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    That should have been unanimous. What is Carry Ann on??

Don't get me wrong. I love Gladys, but Roshon was better.
    They have to add the suspense. Up to the final judge to make the decision

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    I think it's sad that Roshon was bottom 2. That kid can dance!
    His fan base doesn't watch this program.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i wouldnt have had roshon in the bottom 2

but if it is "america's favorite dancer" or whatever they say, then anyone should be able to be in the bottom 2
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Watching Gladys this season has been such a joy. She's been so happy and positive throughout every single week, she's never made one single complaint about the rigorous schedule or the physical demands required to be a participant on this show, even when she's YEARS older than many people who've whined and complained about said demands in past seasons. Listening to and reading about all the kind words everybody has for Gladys just warms my heart. Knowing that this was probably going to be the last week she was going to be on the show, I watched the last 10 minutes or so of the broadcast with tears welling up a bit in my eyes. She's such a classy woman, and really deserves every great moment that comes her way. Thank you, Gladys, for all of the great memories you've given me with your participation on DWTS!
    Well said!
    I enjoyed the story and performance of the Sierra Leone girl. Good for her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    That should have been unanimous. What is Carry Ann on??

Don't get me wrong. I love Gladys, but Roshon was better.
    ITA.

How, exactly, could Carrie Ann say her decision to save Gladys was based ONLY on the jive danced tonight? So, THAT declaration has been exposed as a complete falsehood. As if anyone ever believed it for a minute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Watching Gladys this season has been such a joy. She's been so happy and positive throughout every single week, she's never made one single complaint about the rigorous schedule or the physical demands required to be a participant on this show, even when she's YEARS older than many people who've whined and complained about said demands in past seasons. Listening to and reading about all the kind words everybody has for Gladys just warms my heart. Knowing that this was probably going to be the last week she was going to be on the show, I watched the last 10 minutes or so of the broadcast with tears welling up a bit in my eyes. She's such a classy woman, and really deserves every great moment that comes her way. Thank you, Gladys, for all of the great memories you've given me with your participation on DWTS!
    She said how much the experience meant to her and how much she enjoyed doing DWTS on the aftershow interviews/GMA this morning.
    Tristan was equally complementary towards her.

I loved watching Gladys.
    I'll miss her.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Well said!
    I enjoyed the story and performance of the Sierra Leone girl. Good for her!
    She was good. Nice to see Adechike too.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Gladys has been a lovely touch of class on this program. An elder woman who took the competition seriously and didn't just go for laughs, was a positive person who did't complain about the demands and was gracious throughout the process.

While I liked her music, I had no real sense of her personality before this show, but she's definitely earned my respect. I hope she comes back to sing at some other point in the season.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Gladys has been a lovely touch of class on this program. An elder woman who took the competition seriously and didn't just go for laughs, was a positive person who did't complain about the demands and was gracious throughout the process.

While I liked her music, I had no real sense of her personality before this show, but she's definitely earned my respect. I hope she comes back to sing at some other point in the season.
    She was very pleasant to watch too. She looked like a normal person having fun dancing on a night out. With a hot date. No affectations or contrived drama. She didn't pull any diva cards or complain about sore feet. Really nice.

So far, I find Maria Menounos likeable too.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Gladys says she lost 60 pounds this season! You go girl!!!!

Gladys Knight may not have snagged this season's Mirrorball trophy on Dancing With the Stars, but the 67-year-old Motown singer earned a much more impactful prize: She lost 60 pounds!

Eliminated Tuesday over Roshon Fegan, Knight told Us Weekly after the show that she has her pro partner Tristan McManus to thank in large part for her weight loss.

"I'm going to keep Tristan. He can come over and work me out," Knight -- who kicked off her weight loss journey prior to joining the cast -- says of her plan to keep the pounds off post-DWTS.

In addition to logging countless hours in the dance studio with McManus during rehearsals, Knight stuck to the Freshology meal delivery service and munched on Power Bars and fruit in between meals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    The same could be said of Kyle Massey and Chelsea Kane, but they didn't keep winding up in the bottom two. I don't get why he seems to not be clicking with the audience. The studio audience appeared to go wild for the rumba.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    The same could be said of Kyle Massey and Chelsea Kane, but they didn't keep winding up in the bottom two. I don't get why he seems to not be clicking with the audience. The studio audience appeared to go wild for the rumba.
    Well, the judges buried him in the standings and that's part of the score. I didn't get it either as the pros watching from the balcony seemed to think he did a really good job.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    But he is notcoming off the same as Kyle or Chelsea. My mother is one of the older lady voters. She doesn't vote for him because she claims that he he seems stuck on himself and unwilling to learn. If others who vote get that vibe then it could explain lower viewers votes.

I just do not find him memorable.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    The same could be said of Kyle Massey and Chelsea Kane, but they didn't keep winding up in the bottom two.
    Mark Ballas' fan base does watch this program, which certainly helped Chelsea Kane. I don't know how much Schwimmer helped Massey along, but I'm not sure Hightower is doing much for Roshon.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    My mother is one of the older lady voters. She doesn't vote for him because she claims that he he seems stuck on himself and unwilling to learn.
    I totally don't get that vibe from Roshon. He seems humble and absolutely willing to learn. He's got a good sense of humor and he's trying incredibly hard.

If anything Mark Ballas was super antagonistic throughout the season with Chelsea Kane. He did her as much harm as he did good. Lacey Schwimmer, for reasons I don't understand, seems to have a good sized fan base, but I think Kyle Massey earned the votes on his own. People seemed drawn to him.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    People love Max for his brand of antagonism.

Kane went as far as she could: she was no Katherine Jenkins, to whom people have also been drawn, and not even Kirstie Alley paired with Max could fight the Steeler Nation voting machine and Hines Ward with the tugging-the-hearstrings Mom love.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    People love Max for his brand of antagonism.
    Maks' is arrogant in a charming, cocky way. During the season he was partnered with Chelsea Kane, Mark Ballas was mostly just petulant.

vCash
    I totally don't get that vibe from Roshon. He seems humble and absolutely willing to learn. He's got a good sense of humor and he's trying incredibly hard.

If anything Mark Ballas was super antagonistic throughout the season with Chelsea Kane. He did her as much harm as he did good. Lacey Schwimmer, for reasons I don't understand, seems to have a good sized fan base, but I think Kyle Massey earned the votes on his own. People seemed drawn to him.
    I can't speak for everyone, but many of the people I work with seem to agree with my mom. Roshon may be the nicest guy in the world, but there is a growing faction that sees him as someone who is a bit cocky and not as personable as Kyle Massey for instance. Some of them made comments Wednesday morning that they felt his dance off routine was too frantic and busy. Note these people don't like the dances with Mark Ballas for the same reason.

I don't personally think that Roshon is all that bad. I just don't ever remember him when the show is over. I can see how some would see him as cocky from his earlier weeks and some of the comments he made, but as of right now I just don't care one way or another about him. It hasn't helped that his partner is not one of the stronger ones in my opinion. She's a beautiful dancer, but her choreography and presentation just aren't my cup of tea. I find many of her routines and partners to be interchangeable with a few exceptions. So when you add that to the fact that I have no connection to any of the Disney kids, I'm just not that invested in him.

I'm sorry that Gladys went, but it was time for her to go. I just detest the whole dance off thing because it is the perfect environment for producer manipulations. If someone has the lowest votes and low judges' scores, they are out. Don't give the judges a chance to save anyone. While I'm sure Sabrina Bryan was a better dancer than many who lasted longer in her season, she obviously didn't make that same connection with the audience. Too bad...that's part of the show.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234