Thread: The Voice UK

vCash

The Voice UK

I had a look around but havne't seen another thread for this so I thought I might start one if anyone else out there is watching?

Overall impressions so far are that I really liked the idea of the blind auditions. Although we still some of the sob stories and background, you at least don't get the contrived line from the judges like in the X factor that leads the contestant to tell their sob story.

The judges are all clearly influenced by each other turning round for the act, and I kind of wish they weren't allowed to speak to each other during the performance and/or that they didn't know when another judge had turned round. It got to the point that Will I Am was having to play games to stop Danny from turning around as soon as he did.

Having thought I wouldn't like Will I Am much, I'm really liking him and he's more camp than a row of tents - loving him!

Jessie J I love, and she was refershingly humble when she couldn't compete in Tom and Will I Am's name dropping competition.

Tom Jones doesn't really seem to be adding much and basically picked out all the older sounding people.

Danny was a little bit annoying in the blind auditions and in the battle round I didn't really agree with his choices, particularly putting Bo against that chap with teh really big voice. It was clear from the outset that he was swinging that in her favour and I think she's too rabbit in headlights.

Ramble over!

vCash
    Are they showing it on any of the American stations?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Are they showing it on any of the American stations?
    I don't know, I'm in the UK and it's on BBC1 here.

vCash