Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Rachel "Of course I'm emotional. I'm a girl."
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Yeah and did you hear Brendan's comment that it's good have a girl on the team to do stuff like dancing but it's bad b/c they're emotional. Idiot.
    I couldn't hear them over Art (or JJ, who can tell?) whingeing over and over about how men just can't dance like chicks and how shameful it is to lose a sports-based task to a chick. And Army Rachel embodying the stereotype of crappy girl drivers and Dave saying the key is for her to "listen to her husband" (after she basically pwned the entire field in the Bollywood task). This episode was wall-to-wall gender cliches!

Pukey looked so close in some of those dances - way closer than the one they finally passed him on. That was a pity pass for sure
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    First time ever that a reality show made me teary. Go Team Kentucky!
    Me, too! When his fellow dance troupe piled on to hug him, it got to me a little bit. I hope they can make up the time somehow!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I've never been so happy for a NEL! I was all (like for real !) when they started showing their "time on the show" clip and thought they were toast. So happy they are still in the game!!! I thought they always saved the last NEL for the Final 4 and totally wasn't expecting it tonight.

But uhm, yeah ... that was totally a pity pass. But that's okay!! Its always okay if its a team I like! Compared to some of the other "snapshots" they showed of mistakes, uh yeah ... pity pass. OR: maybe there was like an unwritten production rule that "if you get up to an 11th try and still fail, you get an automatic 'pass' on the 12th try?

I'm assuming they still had to do the driving/cricket task and we just didn't see it, right? This further threw me off on the NEL when we didn't see that task. Well now I'm hoping for another 20 hour flight someplace so they can all catch up! Here's one time where I will be rooting for an airport equalizer!!

And if that clip for next week was right .... there's no way in bloody hell that Rachel will go thru with the hair shaving. Not a chance in hell. Which hopefully helps Mark and Bopper time-wise if Brenchel have to double back!! Would be PERFECT if Mark/Bopper try for it and go thru cause Mark be already done!
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 04-23-2012 at 01:08 PM.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Does anyone remember how the daylight compared with when Army/Wife checked in and when Mark/Bopper checked in? Was it considerably darker outside? I think I remember broad daylight for both teams checking in? Maybe they are still only a few hours behind?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Does anyone remember how the daylight compared with when Army/Wife checked in and when Mark/Bopper checked in? Was it considerably darker outside? I think I remember broad daylight for both teams checking in? Maybe they are still only a few hours behind?
    I think you're correct.

I can't believe I hated Kentucky at the beginning of this show. I've really grown to love this team and was thinking that I would quit watching if they were eliminated. Of course I wouldn't go through with it, but I can threaten.

My dislike for BPA is beginning to surpass my dislike for Brenchel, and that's really saying something. That JJ is one unpleasant dude.

vCash
    ^ ITA, Bev, re: BPA (actually, yes, you're right -- it's almost all D-bag JJ) is on my last nerve. This team is fast becoming one of my least favorites -- ALL-TIME.

However, I'm not quite ready to favor Red Rachel over BPA, primarily because I think that $500,000 in reality show winnings is aplenty for a person of her off-the-charts obnoxiousness. But, the boys are inching closer and closer.

Since Angel and Roids -- let's be honest -- have no chance to win this, it's all about Bopper and Mark for me. Plllllllllease!??

For the first 20 minutes of last night's eppy, Team Army were as they always are when things are going swimmingly -- pleasant and fun. And racing well ... I always respect that. Then, as they usually do upon the first sign of trouble, they went off course during the taxi challenge. Still, it wasn't too and it was brief; props to them for not resorting to their usual "The Lockhorns go passive aggressive" BS.

Given the choice of Team Army and the other two most likely TAR20 winners , and am quite ready to and willing to live with Blondie and Dave crossing the giant bath mat first.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 04-23-2012 at 05:35 PM.

vCash
    I feel the same about "team Kentucky" as almost everyone else.
    I think the world of them.
    This is an opportunity that they would have never had without TAR.
    Mark and Bopper are making the most of it.

Phil must love them!

vCash
    Love Bopper & Mark!

LOVED the Bollywood dance, it reminded me of Meryl & Charlie's OD from a few seasons ago.

Wasn't expecting a NEL, but figured there was still one to come yet this season. I assumed it would have been when there were 4 teams left.

Always love it when the show goes to India, it looks like they're staying there next week, so I'm happy with that. at the thought of Rachel shaving her head -- no way will that happen!

vCash
    I was surprised by the NEL too but happy that Mark & Bopper will be around to make me smile again. I wish they can make final 3. I don't care who wins so long as it isn't Brenchel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    LOVED the Bollywood dance, it reminded me of Meryl & Charlie's OD from a few seasons ago.
    I've had that catchy little song stuck in my head since last night.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    zomg, I thought from a bunch of twitter comments I'd seen last night that Bopper and Mark were history so it was quite the surprise when I watched just now and saw that it was NEL!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I'm assuming they still had to do the driving/cricket task and we just didn't see it, right?
    They did the driving task--there was a really quick clip of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    ^For the first 20 minutes of last night's eppy, Team Army were as they always are when things are going swimmingly -- pleasant and fun. And racing well ... I always respect that. Then, as they usually do upon the first sign of trouble, they went off course during the taxi challenge. Still, it wasn't too and it was brief; props to them for not resorting to their usual "The Lockhorns go passive aggressive" BS.
    Rachel and Dave don't bug me at all; he's really competitive and controlling (which is typical of pilots IM not inconsiderable E with them), which makes him kind of abrasive, but she doesn't take him too seriously or personally when he starts. They bicker, but they get over it immediately because neither of them thinks it means anything. Can you imagine Dave with the other Rachel? Oh, the tears and the drama and the holding of grudges.

ArmyRachel really needs to ditch all that black eye makeup.

I hope someone in Kentucky steps up to help Bopper and Mark. Bopper was laid off, I think, and really needs a job, and apparently Mark isn't doing too well, either. But how could anyone resist those two? That is a great friendship there.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post

I hope someone in Kentucky steps up to help Bopper and Mark. Bopper was laid off, I think, and really needs a job, and apparently Mark isn't doing too well, either. But how could anyone resist those two? That is a great friendship there.
    Hopefully they will garner lots of job offers.

And they go to show you that CBS doesn't need to resort to mactors and reality TV stars to run the race. Ordinary folks from ordinary places like Kentucky produce teams that are so much more interesting than out of work mactors.

vCash
    I would love to see Mark and Bopper host a travel show. That would be hilarious.

vCash
    I hope someone in Kentucky steps up to help Bopper and Mark. Bopper was laid off, I think, and really needs a job, and apparently Mark isn't doing too well, either.
    Manchester KY, their hometown, has a population of less than 1800.
    Even though it is the county seat. it looks like job opportunities are limited.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Hopefully they will garner lots of job offers.

And they go to show you that CBS doesn't need to resort to mactors and reality TV stars to run the race. Ordinary folks from ordinary places like Kentucky produce teams that are so much more interesting than out of work mactors.
    So true. Each season my favorite team aren't the sort that you're going to find on other CBS reality shows.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Manchester KY, their hometown, has a population of less than 1800.
    Even though it is the county seat. it looks like job opportunities are limited.
    And median income for a family is only $25K . No wonder Bopper is struggling to pay for his daughter's medicine. If he doesn't have insurance, asthma meds have to run him to several hundred dollars a month.

That's why southwestern Ohio is full of briers (which is what we call Kentucky transplants and their descendants; I am one of them, so I'm allowed to say it ). There aren't a lot of jobs in rural Kentucky.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    My mother was born in Canada, KY; grew up in Pikeville, and graduated from UK - before leaving - and meeting my father in NYC.
    I understand why people go.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    And median income for a family is only $25K . No wonder Bopper is struggling to pay for his daughter's medicine. If he doesn't have insurance, asthma meds have to run him to several hundred dollars a month.

That's why southwestern Ohio is full of briers (which is what we call Kentucky transplants and their descendants; I am one of them, so I'm allowed to say it ). There aren't a lot of jobs in rural Kentucky.
    Growing herb, mixing meth or selling oxy; especially, since many of the mines have shifted to mountain top removal methods instead of deep mining. I, too, hope something good comes from this for them and their families. They are excellent ambassadors for the rural South.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I would love to see Mark and Bopper host a travel show. That would be hilarious.
    I'd watch a season of that, or a season of The Osbournes style show with B&M. Package something like that, put it on Tru TV or what-not basic cable network ... between one of the dozen shows about junkyards or tatoo parlors ... and give these boys a big check that will change their families' live!

That's why southwestern Ohio is full of briers (which is what we call Kentucky transplants and their descendants; I am one of them, so I'm allowed to say it ).
    For full effect, we should explain to the city folk that "brier" refers to thicket-forming thorny plants that pop up where they're not wanted, spreading prodigiously while your attention is elsewhere.

Muncie, Indiana, my birthtown/city where my of my extended family still live, was nicknamed Hillbilly North in the old days ... due to the huge influx of citizenry from Tennessee and Kentucky. Definitely a brier metropolis!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast