Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post

My dislike for BPA is beginning to surpass my dislike for Brenchel, and that's really saying something. That JJ is one unpleasant dude.
    I think that's because Rachel and Brendan haven't been shown to be as annoying. Either she's quit crying so much, or they're getting a better edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Hopefully they will garner lots of job offers.

And they go to show you that CBS doesn't need to resort to mactors and reality TV stars to run the race. Ordinary folks from ordinary places like Kentucky produce teams that are so much more interesting than out of work mactors.
    What's a "mactor"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post

What's a "mactor"?
    Model/Actor

vCash
    What's a "mactor"?
    As Habs said, "model/actor," however it's also a term used frequently for people who didn't originally apply to be on these shows (TAR, Survivor, Big Brother, etc.) and instead were recruited from bars, clubs, MySpace/Facebook, etc., more often than not because they are more in the "attractive" crowd. And in the casting director's eyes, pretty = higher ratings, thus why we get several "mactors" on any given season of a lot of these shows.

vCash
    Eys, "mactor" is a dirty word, especially among the pearl-clutching Sucksters.

The only thing worse there? Alpha male teams

How dare they?? OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!

er ...

vCash
    I just watched some unseen footage on the Amazing Race Facebook page. I guess Mark/Bopper ran out of gas on the way to the checkpoint. To make matters worse he got sick again. They still had a positive attitude which made me love this team even more.
    When you change the way you look at things, everything you look at changes.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    For full effect, we should explain to the city folk that "brier" refers to thicket-forming thorny plants that pop up where they're not wanted, spreading prodigiously while your attention is elsewhere.
    Yes, it definitely isn't meant as a compliment . My MIL's worst fear about living here was that one of her kids would end up married to a brier . I have never pointed out that she married a ridgerunner , but there have been times........

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Growing herb, mixing meth or selling oxy; especially, since many of the mines have shifted to mountain top removal methods instead of deep mining.
    Oh, yeah. Meth labs and pot fields are everywhere in the rural areas around here, and they are always run by briers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    The only thing worse there? Alpha male teams
    Unless they happen to be the Sucksters now foaming at the mouth that the women are in control on Survivor.

The Sucksters LOVE SnivelingRachel .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Rachel "Of course I'm emotional. I'm a girl."
    Yeah and did you hear Brendan's comment that it's good have a girl on the team to do stuff like dancing but it's bad b/c they're emotional. Idiot.
    I lost count of the gender stereotypes.

Even though Brenchel are annoying as hell, it made me when she beat Art (?) at cricket.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123