Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Figure Skating Books You Can't Wait to Read

Ah, the WTT. What a fitting end to the season!

Now it's time for me to catch up on my reading.

is sending me a bootlegged translation of what she says Russian figure skaters and their coaches regard as a cult classic. I'm not sure who the author is or what the original title is, but the translation is called Always Use Gloves. It sounds fascinating, and I can't wait to read it.

Here are a few other books I can't wait to read.

Pithy Remarks for Every Occasion, by Scott Moir (with an afterword by Eric Radford)
    How I Broke My Potato's Damnation, by Michal Březina
    The Well-Constructed Free Program, by Ksenia Makarova
    Going Full Circle, by Ksenia Makarova
    Landing on My Own Two Feet, by Ashley Wagner
    Choosing the Agent That's Right for You, by Laura Lepistö
    Pain-Free for Life!, by Evgeni Plushenko
    The Old Lady and the Dirty Old Man: The Complete Correspondence of Yana Khokhlova and Nikolai Morozov, edited by Nikita Katsalapov

If you have any recommendations, please post them here.

vCash
    Coach Changing for Dummies - Michelle Kwan
    10 Ways to Kill a Golden Goose- USFSA
    The Advantages to Always Looking Like a Good Sport - Nancy Kerrigan
    How To Blow Up a Career - Oksana Baiul, Ghost Writer - Christopher Bowman
    Eligibility - Only the Beginning - Brian Boitano
    What To Do When Your Costume is Attacked By a Cat - Irina Slutskaya
    On UnBended Knee - Maria Butyrskaya
    Standing Up for What's Right - Sasha Cohen
    Unfulfilled Potential - Johnny Weir
    Doing It When It Counts - Rudy Galindo; contributors Sarah Hughes, Paul Wylie
    Last edited by RobinA; 04-22-2012 at 05:07 AM.

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Din of the Black Swans, with contributions from Ashley Wagner, Tatiana Volosozhar, Maxim Trankov, Samantha Cesario, Yréthe Silété, Alexandra Najarro, Aislin Rosado and several others
    Lutz Not and Say We Did, by Alena Leonova
    Ice Castles II: Evil Never Dies: The novelization of the movie in which Badham Ripper exacts revenge on his long-standing nemesis, Waxel Olsson.
    70s Baroque Ave Marias and Killer Clowns of the Caribbean: The 2011-2012 Season in Retrospect, by Nikolai Morozov (It's not like I've ever used that title before. )
    Last edited by falling_dance; 04-23-2012 at 05:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    70s Baroque Ave Marias and Killer-Clowns of the Caribbean: The 2011-2012 Season in Retrospect, by Nikolai Morozov (It's not like I've ever used that title before. )
    This one.

Tact and Discretion by Scott Moir
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    101 Make-Up Tips: From Beginner to Professional by Elena Ilynikh with contributions from Elena Glebova, Surya Bonaly, Alena Leonova and Caydee Denney.

Posture, Posture, Posture: A Love Story by Ekaterina Bobrova and Miki Ando. (Available only in Russian and Japanese at the moment)

The Vomit Diaries: Living the American Dream! The Thoughts and recollections of Jeremy Abbott and Alissa Czisny

Dance the Avant Garde by Maia and Alex Shibutani

Confessions of a dirty old goat: The Nikolai Morozov Story

vCash
    Finding the silver lining by having a heart of Gold. By Daisuke Takahashi

The secrets to the program components score .By Patrick Chan

Love them both

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Big Love. Inside the Nikolai Morozov Harem. Introduction by Miki Ando and Alena Leonova.

Ode to a Dartfish. The Collected Thoughts of Christy Krall. Foreword by Patrick Chan and Kathy Johnson.

I'll have what she's having. 100 easy steps to making the Canadian Ladies' World Team by Amelie Lacoste and Cynthia Phaneuf. Introduction by Michael Slipchuk.

It's all sushi to me. Understanding WTT Kiss and Cry Japanese MC Interviews. By Mervin Tran and Chris Reed.

How to make friends and influence people. By Scott Moir.

NASA is my stylist. Space suits for every occasion. By Carolina Kostner.
    Last edited by essence_of_soy; 04-22-2012 at 01:30 PM.

vCash
    Quiet Reflections by Meagan Duhamel

The Art of Damage Control by Eric Radford

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    From LA to New York. From New York to LA. Choosing the right coach for you. By Ashley Wagner. Foreword by Shirley Hughes, Priscilla Hill and John Nicks.
    Last edited by essence_of_soy; 04-22-2012 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    'S Torturous: A Guide to Picking Audience Friendly Music by Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue and Marina Zueva

vCash
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Ah, the WTT. What a fitting end to the season!
    Choosing the Agent That's Right for You, by Laura Lepistö
    If you have any recommendations, please post them here.

How to Avoid Choosing the Agent That's Wrong for You, by Evan Lysacek

Diplomacy and Sportsmanship for All Seasons and All Events, by Michelle Kwan, with Apologia by Scott Moir

How to Turn Hate into Love in Less Than 20 Minutes, by Scott Moir, with Foreword by The Canadian Federation

Melding Marriage with a Figure Skating Comeback, by Johnny Weir and Victor Voronov

From 4th Place Comedy to 2nd Place Catastrophe: How to Reach the Podium with the Wrong Choreographic/ Music Choices, by Alena/ Aliona Leonova, with Foreword by Olga Volozhinskaya , and Afterword by Nikolai Morozov
    Last edited by aftershocks; 04-22-2012 at 05:14 PM.

vCash
    How to Run a Gold Medal Pairs Program by the USFSA
    My Successful Professional Career by Tonya Harding
    Trendsetting Costume Design by Scott Hamilton
    101 Ways to Use a Beilman Position by Irina Slutskatya and Evgeni Plushenko
    Advice on Changing Your Name by Pasha
    How to Implement Team Competition and Snub Synchronized Skating at the Olympics by Olympic Organizing Committee

vCash
    She's the NEXT BIG THING! A Guide to Marketing Junior Skaters Without Hype by the USFSA.

vCash
    Personal Responsibility, By Emanuel Sandhu; Foreword by Tonya Harding
    Thin Thighs in 30 Days, By Brian Boitano

vCash
    Triple Axel Trials and Tribulations, by Adam Rippon, with Foreword by Stephane Lambiel, and Afterword by Jason Brown

The Vagaries of and Victories Against Equipment and Costume Unpredictabilities, by Mark Ladwig and Ross Miner

Rockin’ in the Garden of Souls and Rollin’ at WTT with Blues for Chanook, by Daisuke Takahashi

The Dancer Within: Becoming Untrapped and Freeing My Latent Artistry, by Patrick Chan, with Foreword by Kathy Johnson; Thumbs down review by Christy Krall

The Edges of Doubt: To Retire Or Not to Retire When You Lose Your Competitive Desire, by Patrick Chan, Afterword by Stephane Lambiel

A Must See Film! Rated X for Xcitement:
    Attack of the Undeafeatable SS, starring Patrick Chan, directed by Toller Cranston, written by Steve Milton, featuring Kurt Browning, Jeffrey Buttle, Christy Krall, and Kathy Johnson, costume design by Tess Johnson, stunts designed by Emanuel Sandhu, Stand-In for Chan: Han Yan, produced by P.J. Kwong, with cameos by ISU judges and members of the Chan Gang and the Canadian Federation; 2-Star Review by Elvis Stojko.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Triple Axel Trials and Tribulations, by Adam Rippon, with Foreword by Stephane Lambiel, and Afterword by Jason Brown

The Vagaries of and Victories Against Equipment and Costume Unpredictabilities, by Mark Ladwig and Ross Miner

Rockin’ in the Garden of Souls and Rollin’ at WTT with Blues for Chanook, by Daisuke Takahashi

The Dancer Within: Becoming Untrapped and Freeing My Latent Artistry, by Patrick Chan, with Foreword by Kathy Johnson; Thumbs down review by Christy Krall

The Edges of Doubt: To Retire Or Not to Retire When You Lose Your Competitive Desire, by Patrick Chan, Afterword by Stephane Lambiel

A Must See Film! Rated X for Xcitement:
    Attack of the Undeafeatable SS, starring Patrick Chan, directed by Toller Cranston, written by Steve Milton, featuring Kurt Browning, Jeffrey Buttle, Christy Krall, and Kathy Johnson, costume design by Tess Johnson, stunts designed by Emanuel Sandhu, Stand-In for Chan: Han Yan, produced by P.J. Kwong, with cameos by ISU judges and members of the Chan Gang and the Canadian Federation; 2-Star Review by Elvis Stojko.
    Shawn Sawyer could write a chapter for "Triple Axel Trials and Tribulations" too.

vCash
    "A Little Goes a Long Way – The Futility of a Full Set of Triples" by a large group of COP era female skaters

vCash
    The Hunter and the Hunted: In Search of Axel Paulsen, by Adam Rippon
    (Working Title: Ripping On: Learning How Not to Stalk the Elusive 3-Axel)

Redemption in Three Acts, a play with solo performances by Jeremy Abbott, Adam Rippon, and Alissa Czisny, directed by Jason Dungjen and Yuka Sato, Costumes designed by Johnny Weir, Lighting by Janet Lynn; Abbott mentored by Robin Cousins, Rippon mentored by Johnny Weir; Czisny mentored by Janet Lynn and Brian Boitano

The Quad Games, by Evgeni Plushenko and Elvis Stojko, with Foreword by Brian Joubert, and Afterword by Patrick Chan (5-Star Review by caseyedwards)

The Chan Chronicles, by Patrick Chan and The Chan Gang, with illustrations by Toller Cranston

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    How to recycle Your best moments including fitting in old clothes by Brian Joubert

How to stay in perfect shape once Your sports career is over
    by Artur Dmitriev and Maxim Staviski

How to end Your career with a bang by Maxim Staviski and Andrei Lutai

Professional behavior towards Your female students by Nikolai Morozov with a foreword by Oleg Vasiliev

How to look cheerful in every situation by Yuko Kavaguti with a foreword by Kexin Zhang

Modesty by Patrick Chan

How to get Japanese citizenship in 10 days by Mervin Tran

How to portray Your favorite movie star appropriately by Ksenia Makarova

Transforming Russian Ice Dance into a soap opera by Pasha Grishuk, Maya Usova, Alexander Zhulin, Tatiana Navka, Natalia Mikhailova with contributions from Nikita Katsalapov, Elena Ilinykh and Nikolai Morozov
    Last edited by Moka-Ananas; 04-23-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    How to get Japanese citizenship in 10 days by Mervin Tran
    This one in particular

Can't wait for more!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast