vCash

"America's Next Top Model:" Mr. and Miss Jay, Nigel Fired

http://www.toofab.com/2012/04/20/jay...el-tyra-banks/

Will you still watch? I haven't watched in awhile, the show started getting so crazy a few years ago.
    Last edited by DickButtonFan; 04-21-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Can we just declare the shark jumped already?

vCash
    I'm not. The Jays and Nigel were the only reason why I occasionly watched the show. Just cancel it already

Carol

vCash
    I love Miss J, but think this is a good move. To Tyra's credit, the show has been on for 18 seasons. To continue, change is needed (and, Nigel had become as annoying as Tyra). I haven't been watching lately, but am now curious about next season.

vCash
    They could do anything to it and I'm still going to be stupid enough to watch it. Yes it is pathetic and no one from there has made any real impact on the modelling scene. Tyra Banks is entirely irrelevant to fashion now. Yes she is an annoying person with facial expressions that make me want to smack the hell out of her. It has become even less about modelling but I'll still watch it.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I like watching it whenever I catch it. But I will miss Miss J but not Nigel. Nigel was a non-entity.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I still watch it for the LOLz factor. But actually this season with the British models, they actually made the season interesting to watch. Love their previous episode with the music video.

Out of the three fired I would only miss Miss J. I don't see why they need to can him since he would only appear a handful of episodes each season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I still watch it for the LOLz factor. But actually this season with the British models, they actually made the season interesting to watch. Love their previous episode with the music video.

Out of the three fired I would only miss Miss J. I don't see why they need to can him since he would only appear a handful of episodes each season.
    I tried watching a couple times this year, but I didn't like the British model "twist".

vCash
    It really is worse this year than in any other season. I just can't get the least interested in any of these girls.
    Without the three guys, who are at least funny and interesting, the show is nothing.
    The shark is jumped and they are beating a dead horse.
    Count out as a viewer. Oh wait, I already stopped watching!

vCash
    I'll still watch it because I'm a sucker for Top Model. Especially since I pick the winner right almost every time and want to see if I can break the streak - it's always the girl I least want to win. The one exception was when the plus size girl won. Last season I got close rooting for Angelea but of course she had to get disqualified and Lisa, my least favourite, had to win.

I can live without Miss Jay, he totally got on my nerves. But I'll miss Mr. Jay and Nigel.

I'm really curious as to what the reasons for the change were? Was it the salaries those three commanded, or truly a change in focus? Who will replace them and why were they selected?

And if the new Top Model isn't as good as the previous, I might stop watching. It really depends on the changes. After so many cycles, change could be a good thing.

vCash
    They were my favorite 3 in ANTM.

vCash
    ANTM was one of my "never miss" shows until this season. So, if changes are coming, maybe I'll give it another chance.

O-

vCash
    I agree with the person who commented that Tyra should fire Tyra. It's not like any of her winners have gone on to great success.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yes, the fun part for me was predicting the winner. I was pretty good at that, much better than predicting the outcome of a skating competition.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Nigel says he's not surprized.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...el-firing.html
    There is also a link regarding the past winners and what they are doing now.

vCash
    Per Nigel:
    "I'm looking very much forward to creating my own show that focuses on some of my passions like photography."
    Are we looking at "America's Next Top Photographer"?

vCash
    I love this cycle. I guess I'm in the minority. I am going to miss the Jays and Nigel, Ms. Jay the most, OMG she is hilarious. But I will still watch. I'm super-obsessed with this show, have watched all the cycles seasons available at least three times each, I know, lame.

Does anyone know why Cycles 2 and 3 haven't been in reruns?

I have started watching Britain's Next Top Model (Cycle 6) on line and love it. Elle is so much nicer than Tyrant! And the girls are hilarious, especially Aleesha (SP?).

I hope this show gets better ratings and continues. The only other show I love as much is Dance Moms!