Thread: Jenna MCorkell

vCash

Jenna MCorkell

I thought my eyes were deceiving me earlier today .I had the tv volume off the adverts were on and Jenna appeared skating and eating yoghurt at the same time
    Anyone else seen it ?It had a strange name .Will have to find a link .It was funny as I started shouting there's Jenna

vCash
    I saw it too!! It was called Yoo Moo I think, I was confused as to whether it was yoghurt or ice cream as I only paid attention halfway through. I kept thinking why are they using skating to advertise something when Summer will be with us soon

vCash
    The link is on Jenna's website

It's been taken off .
    Last edited by nuge; 04-19-2012 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    There's an interview with Jenna too .She says skating is not popular sport in UK .It's all about DOI All the celebs get the endorsements etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    There's an interview with Jenna too .She says skating is not popular sport in UK .It's all about DOI All the celebs get the endorsements etc
    That is a shame. I think someone discussed here once before that they can sell out a show with adult skaters who can barely stand up but something like Art on Ice has a hard time selling tickets.

Just makes a joke of the sport really and shows that the lowest common denominator really doesn't understand quality.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I have only watched about 15 mins of DOI in all the years it's been on. I'd rather chew on my own liver before watching another 15 minutes of it. So baffled to its popularity (and shows like it)

Sigh.

vCash
    Yeah it is such a shame. I can't watch D0I but lots of people I know do and then they don't watch real skating. What really annoys me is the selling of pairs skating as ice dance. They don't even have many pros that were ice dancers working with the celebs.

At first we used to watch just the beginning to watch Jane and Chris skate but now we don't even do that. I wish they'd do more to draw attention to the real skating world by getting non-competing ice dance couples to come on and do a routine on the results show or something like that, just something to show people what it should bloody look like

vCash
    DOI should get some of the World's best skaters to show how it SHOULD be done then maybe people would want to watch REAL figure skating.

vCash
    The sad thing for me was the number of adult skaters at my rink who didn't mind shelling out over £40 a ticket to go and see DOI, but they weren't even aware that the European championship tickets were less per day and just down the road in Sheffield. I was i wouldn't pay anything to see the celebs and a very lacklustre T&D in that show.

vCash
    [QUOTE=twinktwink;3550843]
    At first we used to watch just the beginning to watch Jane and Chris skate but now we don't even do that. ]

Yes that's what I used to do After a while though and I can't believe I'm saying this ... Got bored with T/D too
    They skate perfectly still but it's the same moves on two feet all the time.
    I wish they'd used their skating talents for pro skaters .
    As well as S/Z and K/C camp we could have T/D camp too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Yes that's what I used to do After a while though and I can't believe I'm saying this ... Got bored with T/D too
    They skate perfectly still but it's the same moves on two feet all the time.
    I wish they'd used their skating talents for pro skaters .
    As well as S/Z and K/C camp we could have T/D camp too

ITA. I started to get a little bored with the same kind of feeling and moves to each routine that they were doing. I really wish that they'd done more for pro skating in Britain after they retired. I know they shouldn't have to carry the sport all the time but unfortunately when its not a huge sport in the country then that's the only option you're left with if you want it to survive. They could have been putting a tour together with pros and taking it across Europe. That might have helped interest stay high.

I really wish they could have had their own training camp for competing skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twinktwink View Post
    ITA. II really wish they could have had their own training camp for competing skaters.
    Well I suppose it's never too late .They are 50 plus can't do DOI forever

vCash
    I think that commercial was the one a company advertised for a British skater to be in - I remember they linked to a video of Yu Na Kim to show what they were looking for.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    You can see the commercial online. My question is...why the hell hasn't Jenna ever looked as attractive competing as she did in the commercial? The dress style & color was so much more flattering than anything I've ever seen her in before. She looked really pretty & her skating looked so smooth.

BTW, I have no idea what DOI is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    You can see the commercial online. My question is...why the hell hasn't Jenna ever looked as attractive competing as she did in the commercial? The dress style & color was so much more flattering than anything I've ever seen her in before. She looked really pretty & her skating looked so smooth.

BTW, I have no idea what DOI is.
    Dancing on Ice, TV show by T/D.

And I so agree with your post about Jenna's look. Hopefully they let her keep that dress for next season (that is, if she's still competing!)

vCash
    This was for the casting call back in Feb.

http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/5180

Casting for a Female Ice Figure Skater for Commercial.
    Fruitcake are casting for a female ice figure skater for YOO MOO (frozen yoghurt) commercial.

Casting: Tues 31st January 2012 @ Alexander Palace Ice Rink (TBC)

Shoot Date: Last week of February (One day) TBC

Fees: £500 BSF + £2,000 usage fee

Usage: All UK media (to include print) for one month.

Brief: A HIGHLY SKILLED female figure skater, aged 18 to 30 years old. She must be able to choreograph her own routine to a piece of music. Attractive, expressive and aspirational. Any ethnicity.

Please watch the video on this link to see the level of ability we require (You must put in the password ‘yoomoo’ to view it)…

http://vimeo.com/35626211

Please send suggestions to: casting@fruitcakelondon.com
    Unfortunately the cute 'reference' vimeo vid with Yuna doing her Bond Girl is no longer available. It was a blurry slow motion vid with her at the Olympics with the Yoomoo theme: 'How do you do' by Mouth & MacNeal. The whole thing was so out there (Typical British cheeky creatives) I personally thought it was a clever viral ploy to get YooMoo name out there without paying a superstar fee.

I am happy Jenna got it, there should be no competition really. She is the UK's best after all. Can't wait to see it on TV

Frozen Yoghuart wise, I prefer Pinkberry upstairs at the Olympic mall sorry to say It is more genuinely American, and less creamy!

Here's the ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rhmgb0P9e4
    Last edited by os168; 04-21-2012 at 02:45 AM.