Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I mean, that friend went to his house with a tape recorder as though he anticipated some sort of outburst from Mel.
    Screen writers often use tape recorders in their work. I wouldn't assume he brought for any hidden purpose other than to record notes about the script.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Screen writers often use tape recorders in their work. I wouldn't assume he brought for any hidden purpose other than to record notes about the script.
    Also most smart phones these days have a voice recorders on them these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I first read about this last week.
    He needs a psychiatric evaluation/treatment, not publicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Yep. I don't care if Mel Gibson has a legitimate mental health issue. He's a racist anti-semite and a jackass. The more publicity there is around his behavior the more likely he might actually feel some of the repercussions of his behavior, career-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    For years I've refused to watch any Mel Gibson movies since he started going on these tirades. What an ass. He turns my stomach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    I know a minister who got a private screening with Mel and about a dozen other ministers, and he told me that Mel coudn't have been nicer and genuinely wanted to know what they thought.
    It's not a huge accomplishment to be on one's best behavior for a couple of hours in a room full of ministers.

Why are people still watching this guy? He's not even that attractive anymore.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Joe Esterhaus is no saint to be sure, but he's Saint Francis compared to Mel.
    I wouldn't say that. Eszterhas has a history of asshattery all his own, with no help from Mel.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Clearly he has issues but I'm leery about 'recordings' that don't included everything up to the rant. I'm sure if you were a fly on the wall of any meeting with producers and writers you would hear the same thing. It may not be right but if it weren't Mel Gibson or Christan Bale would anyone care? If I were Mel Gibson I would record everything I said so you can hear what Joe Eszterhas said prior to Gibson to set him off, it seems contrived and set up.

"Why don't I have a first draft of 'The Maccabees'? What the **** have you been doing? I'll type it!

"I go to work, you're getting paid, I'm not! ****! I am earning money for a filthy little ****** who takes advantage of me! Just like every *******! So hurry the **** up!"
    Well Joe, where is your first draft? What have you been doing? They are legitimate questions. My biggest problem is why he would want Joe Eszterhas to write for him in the first place, that guy sucks.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Why were they considering having Mel Gibson in a Jewish-themed movie? Is this a joke?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I heard part of this on TMZ last night. Unbelieveable.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Please please please please please, Jodie Foster, this time, do not come to this hateful creature's defense.

Another round of that and the stain may spread to your reputation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    For years I've refused to watch any Mel Gibson movies since he started going on these tirades. And the "Mad Max" and "Lethal Weapon" movies were some of my favorites in the past. What an ass. He turns my stomach.
    THIS^
    Also, I think if they don't do something about him he may kill someone one day.
    And he should not be alowed near his little girl. She is not safe with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    According to other websites it was not Joe making the recording but Joe's 15 year old son. Still, Joe took the recording and released it.
    Joe did not release it until Mel and His lawyer called his son a liar. And claimed there was no such tape and it didn't happen.
    If someone was calling my child a liar, I would protect his reputation too.

vCash
    Set aside his virulent anti-semitism.....
    I am no fan of Mel Gibson, before or after....... but WHERE???!!! is the "anti-semitic part" in this latest rant? Several newspaper headings refer to "anti-semitism" and I can't find one single mention of it.

Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Why were they considering having Mel Gibson in a Jewish-themed movie? Is this a joke?
    Is the movie about the "hebrew uprising" or about the "punk-band"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    I am no fan of Mel Gibson, before or after....... but WHERE???!!! is the "anti-semitic part" in this latest rant? Several newspaper headings refer to "anti-semitism" and I can't find one single mention of it.

Is the movie about the "hebrew uprising" or about the "punk-band"?
    Google Mel's arrest for DWI.

vCash
    I think that the question was not where has he ever been, but where in this new particular rant?

Not that I am defending Mel - I think he is an angry man who is used to getting his own way either by money/power or ranting. I have not gone to any Gibson's movies for years and will not in the future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Google Mel's arrest for DWI.
    I heard the old DUI insident tape. I was talking about the current rant. Some newspapers linking it to "anti-semitism" as well.

DUI rant was not technically "anti-semitic" either.... He used few slurs showing his dislike for jews. Mel Gibson is not educated enough to know what "Semite" is....

In an interview with Diane Sawyer few years back Mel Gibson confessed to trying to strangle a toaster when his bread got stuck.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12