Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Mel Gibson Goes off the Rails Again: Audiotape Released

You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I first read about this last week.
    He needs a psychiatric evaluation/treatment, not publicity.

vCash
    Is it possible Mel is bipolar or something?

vCash
    I'm no mental health professional, but something is very wrong with Mel. For every incident we hear about, I wonder how many unpublicized incidents we don't hear about. I mean, that friend went to his house with a tape recorder as though he anticipated some sort of outburst from Mel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Is it possible Mel is bipolar or something?
    Since Bi-polar has several different types, to jump on behavior of celebs who are out of control and make a guess at diagnosis is harmful to those who have bi-polar illness

There are several types of bipolar disorder; all involve episodes of depression and mania to a degree.

Bipolar disorder is a lifelong illness. Episodes of mania and depression eventually can occur again, if you don't get treatment. A small percentage of people will continue to have symptoms, even after getting treatment for their bipolar disorder. Here are the types of bipolar disorder:

Bipolar I disorder involves episodes of severe mood swings, from mania to depression.

Bipolar II disorder is a milder form, involving milder episodes of hypomania that alternate with depression.

Cyclothymic disorder describes even milder mood changes.
    IIRC, Mel has had some drug and alcohol problems in the past? If so, that combined with any type of mental illness, people not making him responsible for his actions. A combination of all three could lead to these actions, or no connection to these factors could be the issue. Mel may have behavior that people often associate with bi-polar, but I believe he has many more that are just plain anger/control issues.

To me, the man appears to be someone who has anger management issues and control issues, where people have not made him responsible for his actions. Would anyone without money or fame be allowed to carry on like this?

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Sometimes an asshole is just an asshole.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Yep. I don't care if Mel Gibson has a legitimate mental health issue. He's a racist anti-semite and a jackass. The more publicity there is around his behavior the more likely he might actually feel some of the repercussions of his behavior, career-wise.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Yup! I suspect that his first wife was able to somehow keep him on a short leash. Now that she is out of the picture, i think we are seeing, and hearing, the real Mel.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Yup! I suspect that his first wife was able to somehow keep him on a short leash. Now that she is out of the picture, i think we are seeing, and hearing, the real Mel.
    And that is why she deserves half his money.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    For years I've refused to watch any Mel Gibson movies since he started going on these tirades. And the "Mad Max" and "Lethal Weapon" movies were some of my favorites in the past. What an ass. He turns my stomach.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    why is joe eszterhas at his house making secret recordings?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I am sure it was just a coincidence and it totally wasn't planned with financial gain in mind.

vCash
    If you were going to work with Mel Gibson (writing a script, in this case) you might want to document the event, given Gibson's "history".

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    He sounds like a bipolar patient off his meds.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Because he is also an asshole.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    All I can think of is how when South Park did their Passion of the Jew episode several years back, their caricature of Mel Gibson was comically ridiculous. Looking back, it wasn't that far off from the real thing.

My dad used to have crazed screaming fits like that when I was a kid. It wasn't a mental issue, it was an anger management issue. My dad has improved a lot over the years, and has gained a lot of perspective and awareness of what his temper tantrums did to us growing up. Mel's gone in the opposite direction. I'd like to think that underneath all those layers of asshole there's a decent human being somewhere, but considering all the reports about inhumane working conditions on his films, probably not.

vCash
    Joe Esterhaus is no saint to be sure, but he's Saint Francis compared to Mel. To say Mel has Anger Management issues is an understatement. Set aside his virulent anti-semitism (which isn't easy) he's a jackass of the highest order and why anyone would want to work with him is beyond me.

vCash
    But I must add one thing to my other post about a different type of Mel. Before the release of "The Passion" Mel took the film around to various ministers and pastors looking for their opinion and input. I know a minister who got a private screening with Mel and about a dozen other ministers, and he told me that Mel coudn't have been nicer and genuinely wanted to know what they thought. How that jibes with this raving lunatic I don't know, but I thought I ought to mention it.

vCash
    Seems like an invasion of privacy. If Joe had recorded it at his own house, fine. But to record someone who's in his own home?

vCash
    According to other websites it was not Joe making the recording but Joe's 15 year old son. Still, Joe took the recording and released it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast