Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Oh so I imagine Zsolt Kerekes has relocated to UAE now. Interesting.

vCash
    Latest article about Zahra Lari (UAE): http://gulfnews.com/sport/other-spor...arts-1.1299998
    Zahra, who trains at Zayed Sport City, has seen significant improvements to her performance following the venue’s appointment of world-class coach Zsolt Kerekes. Kerekes’ technical skill set complements the creativity of Zahra’s original coach, Noemi Bedo, providing for more balanced training. The training plan of four years involves practice six days a week. In years one and two she will master triple jumps so that the rotation reflex becomes automatic, while years three and four will focus on Olympic qualifications.

Since her new training plan was implemented, Zahra has improved her personal best in international competition and has shifted her focus onto spins with higher levels of difficulty. She is now skating faster, more dynamically and with more elements. She is currently sharpening up landing the Salcow, toe loop and loop triple jumps, which are now 10 centimetres higher than before.

“It was difficult in the beginning switching from one coach to another. But this new coach is amazing. My jumps are now much better and overall I am skating a lot better now,” she said, adding: “However, I don’t dream of winning in Budapest. The idea is to keep on improving my personal best. At Budapest I will employ new spins and a different technical programme.

Understandably, Zahra was glued to the TV screens during the just-concluded Winter Olympics in Sochi. “It was kind of weird really watching the figure skating. I had a mixed feeling thinking I might be there in the next Olympics in Pyeongchang [South Korea} in 2018. But then, it also made me realise how much hard it will be to get there,” she said.
    Lari scored 66.74 total in the Junior Ladies event at the 25th Sportland Trophy in Budapest this past weekend (ETA that I've created a competition results thread in the Kiss and Cry forum), which was an improvement from her 62.23 total at the 2014 New Year's Cup in Bratislava in January. More significantly, she was credited with landing a 2A in the SP (her first in international competition?) in Budapest (she fell on the 2A, called rotated, in the FS as well in both programs in Bratislava).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-12-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: To add FS protocol link
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    That's fantastic news, thanks Sylvia!

Kerekes used to coach in the Netherlands and from what I heard, he is a pretty good coach indeed so it will be great not just for Lari but also other skaters there.

vCash
    Thank you for sharing all the news. Very much appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Seems that the United Arab Emirates is now a provisional member of the ISU.

http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/p...m-item,00.html
    Competition thread started in Kiss and Cry: Golden Cup of Dubai 2014 - UAE's inaugural ISU international competition, May 4-7
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Kerekes used to coach in the Netherlands and from what I heard, he is a pretty good coach indeed so it will be great not just for Lari but also other skaters there.
    Zsolt Kerekes is also coaching UAE's Amira Abdul Moati, age 14, who competed as a junior internationally this past season, according to this May 2014 local article: http://m.gulfnews.com/sport/just-ano...rdom-1.1336428
    Another article (April 2014): http://m.gulfnews.com/sport/ice-cool...rink-1.1323430

This recent article mentions that Moati holds dual citizenship (her mother is Russian, her father Egyptian) and would like to represent Egypt at the 2018 Olympics if Egypt can become a member of the ISU: http://www.thenational.ae/uae/touris...inter-olympics
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-31-2014 at 09:50 PM.

vCash

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567