Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    My guesses for retirements: Borodulin, Tretiakov
    They seem to be the obvious ones. Declining and not going anywhere anymore. I believe Denis Leushin already retired. Mark Shakhmatov could be another one, although he is younger than the others.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    But Shakhmatov is so cute

What about Gordi Pots? Although he still looks promising and I love him it doesn't look like he'll get on the team ever
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Alena Leonova article: http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/05/p...f-for-leonova/
    On May 15, Leonova will leave with Morozov and his other skaters to New Jersey in the USA for three months to build up new programs and to train. Her plans include changing both programs for the new season.

“I’m always doing that because I like to surprise,” said Leonova. “The short program should be something cheerful and entertaining so that people will remember it. The long program, on the other hand, should have character. It is important to tell a story and to draw the spectators into the program.”
    ETA that the "one show in Italy on April 29" in which Leonova performed was in Rimini, Italy - link to thread with videos (other Russian skaters included Plushenko, Gachinski, Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Stolbova/Klimov): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83612
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-09-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    What about Gordi Pots? Although he still looks promising and I love him it doesn't look like he'll get on the team ever
    I hope not, I love him and he's only 19. If he gets a 3axel and a 3axel combo he'll be fine but that's a big IF

I hope he can get some senior Bs otherwise I'll be

vCash
    Don't know where to post the information.

Yagudin has arrived in Shenyang,China,he'll attend a ice show from May 15 to 19,19:00 everyday.Other cast:Lu chen、Denis Petrov、Polina Korobeynikova、Samantha Marchant/Nicholas Brann、Naomi Lang/Peter Tchernyshev、Jinlin Guan and others...It sounds like a internal show,tickets don't sell,only give to VIP members who buy over 3000 yuan goods.

Lu Chen posted some photos on her weibo:
    http://weibo.com/chenlu201121

one of them:
    http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/73ff5781jw1dswwx80x7rj.jpg

vCash
    Alena Leonova seems to have had a relaxing vacation on the island of Cyprus: http://rsport.ru/blog_leonova/20120511/596402211.html

Via the Associated Press newswire: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...nOU_story.html
    SOCHI, Russia — The organizing committee for the 2014 Sochi Olympics says testing of the ice at one of the skating arenas has begun.

The committee says 2006 Olympic ice dancing gold medalist Tatiana Navka led the testing at the arena called Iceberg. About 700 skaters took part overall.
    ETA link to more information via the Sochi 2014 site: http://www.sochi2014.com/en/sochi-live/news/46005/

Does anyone know if it has been announced that Vasilisa Davankova/Andrei Deputat plan to compete on the Junior, and not Senior, Grand Prix in the coming season? She turned 14 earlier this month.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-14-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Does anyone know if it has been announced that Vasilisa Davankova/Andrei Deputat plan to compete on the Junior, and not Senior, Grand Prix in the coming season? She turned 14 earlier this month.
    I think I heard that they will compete in Juniors only. But I will meet them and their coach on Wednesday for an interview anyway and will ask about their plans for the upcoming season. They are such a new and young team that it doesn't make much sense for them to compete at the senior GP, plus the ISU congress might change the age requirements and they would be ineligible anyway.

vCash
    But Shakhmatov is so cute

When I spoke to Alexei Urmanov at the World Team Trophy, he talked about Gordei, but not about an imminent retirement. So I'm sure he continues. He is still young.
    On the other hand I learned in Moscow that Stanislav Kovalev and Mark Shakhmatov were kicked out of Moskvitch Club because of their lack of results. Kovalev apparently plans to continue elsewhere, not sure about Shakhmatov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    Who's the Asian girl in the foreground?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Who's the Asian girl in the foreground?
    Looks like it might be Zijun Li.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Looks like it might be Zijun Li.
    Hmm, no, I don't think so...

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    When I spoke to Alexei Urmanov at the World Team Trophy, he talked about Gordei, but not about an imminent retirement. So I'm sure he continues. He is still young.
    On the other hand I learned in Moscow that Stanislav Kovalev and Mark Shakhmatov were kicked out of Moskvitch Club because of their lack of results. Kovalev apparently plans to continue elsewhere, not sure about Shakhmatov.
    well it's not exactly like Moskvitch has produced any good men lately
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    My guesses for retirements: Borodulin, Tretiakov
    Not Borodulin PLEAZZZZE!

I'm so happy that I don't have to do this job for a living in Russia! Honestly, the way athletes are treated at times is

Moving on to more positive news, I posted this link at the Ksenia Makarova cheer thread:
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120426/593701494.html

Ksenia will have a new LP this season and it will be also choreographed by Ilia Averbukh. He was the choreographer of her SP in season 2011/12. I looks like she will keep her SP which IMHO is a great decision.

vCash
    From some not confirmed sources: VoloTran are in the USA to choreograph new programmes, Leonova stuck in Russia with some visa problems (probably not for long though)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    From some not confirmed sources: VoloTran are in the USA to choreograph new programmes
    According to Trankov's twitter it's true.

vCash
    Volosozhar/Trankov left for the USA today, May 15, together with other members of Morozov's group. Volosozhar/Trankov will stay a week, then travel to China for a show and return to the USA. I think they'll be gone for a month. Aliona Leonova hopes to get her visa at the end of this week. These constant visa problems for athletes are annoying.

Coach Elena Vodorezova at CSKA Moscow confirmed to me today that Artem Grigoriev has retired from skating and wants to study. Artur Dmitriev jr was kicked out of the club and now apparently has joined Morozov's group.
    Nodari Maisuradze has a new partner in Julia Antipova. Ekaterina Petaikina split up with Maxim Kudriukov and now has teamed up with Konstantin Bezmaternykh. Also Juri Shevchuk has a new partner, Natalia Mytina. Bezmaternykh and Shevchuk moved from St. Petersburg to Moscow together with coach Artur Dmitriev and all of them are now in Natalia Pavlova's group.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Wow.

I'm glad Maisuradze has a new partner. I think Dmitriev Jr. will like the international flavor of Morozov's group and working with skaters who aren't just his internal competition.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Coach Elena Vodorezova at CSKA Moscow confirmed to me today that Artem Grigoriev has retired from skating and wants to study. Artur Dmitriev jr was kicked out of the club and now apparently has joined Morozov's group.
    Nodari Maisuradze has a new partner in Julia Antipova. Ekaterina Petaikina split up with Maxim Kudriukov and now has teamed up with Konstantin Bezmaternykh. Also Juri Shevchuk has a new partner, Natalia Mytina. Bezmaternykh and Shevchuk moved from St. Petersburg to Moscow together with coach Artur Dmitriev and all of them are now in Natalia Pavlova's group.
    Wow indeed. Lots of news.

How many partners did Bezmaternykh has had by now?

vCash
    Nodari Maisuradze has a new partner in Julia Antipova.
    Has she skated pairs previously or did she compete in singles?

Ekaterina Petaikina split up with Maxim Kudriukov and now has teamed up with Konstantin Bezmaternykh. Also Juri Shevchuk has a new partner, Natalia Mytina. Bezmaternykh and Shevchuk moved from St. Petersburg to Moscow together with coach Artur Dmitriev and all of them are now in Natalia Pavlova's group.
    Thanks for the updates! Here's the link to Petaikina/Kurdyukov's ISU bio (2nd at 2012 Russian Junior Nationals, 6th at 2012 Junior Worlds and 4th at the JGP Final) - she is 17 and he is 21.

Konstantin Bezmaternikh is 24 now and finished 11th of 12 Senior pairs at 2012 Russian Nationals with Oksana Nagalatiy. ETA: According to Bezmaternikh's wiki page, he skated with 2 partners -- Ksenia Krasilnikova (6 seasons from 2004-10) and Sabina Imaikina (1 season) -- before Nagalatiy (1 season).

Alexandra Vasilieva & Yuri Shevchuk competed on the JGP this past season and finished 7th at Russian Junior Nationals - link to their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012246.htm
    Is Natalia Mytina new to pairs?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-15-2012 at 06:58 PM.

vCash
    Does anyone know anything about Julia Antipova?

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast